Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Playoff Race 6-10 seeds

Well, the good news is that every night that we win, they can't gain on us. And it's one less game until the end of hte season, and we're currently in the playoffs...

Wow, you guys took care of everything, so here's a topic of discussion to get us through Sunday. =P

Can Washington free fall like Indiana did?

Imagine this:

6. New Jersey

7. Orlando

8. Washington/Indiana

Surprisingly, Washington is still playing well without their stars (0 and Butler). They almost beat Cle and NJ this week. It's possible they free-fall like Indy but I imagine they'll win a few games before the season is over.

washington is 4 games ahead of us...

their next 5:

vs. NJ

at. miami (2nd game of back to back)

at atlanta

vs. chicago

vs. orlando

i whink we should expect them to beat atlanta, but there's a realistic possibility that they lose the other 4.... they've lost their last 4 at charlotte, vs. charlotte, vs. cleveland, and at NJ....

we better start keeping track of their games... cause now there's a chance we might even get the 6th spot...

the tough question is whether we should root for NJ or for washington in their next game?

edit: they have one more game after those 5 against indiana....

about the tie breaker-

they lead the season series 2-1.. so if we win our next match up, we'll be tied...

this gets interesting... our division record isn't too bad.. we're 7-7 and they're 7-6 right now... so that one is up for grabs... and if our division record is tied, the conference record comes into play.. they are 25-21 while we are 21-25... if they go on a slump and we win most of our games, i think we have a chance of catching up... but it's more likely that conference record won't matter, which is very good for us....

btw, miami, atlanta, and orlando are their only division oponents left on the schedule... (interestingly enough, indiana will be the last team they play.. that game may become very very important... almost like the play-in game they have in the NCAA). our division opponents are washington and miami... hopefully miami won't care about the game cause they'd already have their spot locke up, and of course the washington game would be a must-win.... meaning that we have a pretty good chance of winning the tie breaker against them...

of course, none of this will matter if we can't win games

milwaukee, phily, boston, washington, and miami all winnable.... but.... ugghhh....

Actually, I wouldn't be too surprised if we beat Detroit as we've been known to rise up and Detroit may be more into getting ready for the playoffs than beating us down.

Then, I wouldn't be too surprised if we lose one or two of the games against weaker opponents. It's been our history. One would hope the concentration level is there since we are down to the wire.