Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Playoff Race 6-10 seeds

In this thread, we'll keep track of our playoff hunt as well as the progress of the other teams in contention. Currently we are chasing these teams:

6. Indiana (29-29)

7. Miami (29-29) - we own tie-breaker

8. New Jersey (28-31) - they own tie-breaker

9. New York (28-33) - they own tie-breaker

10. Orlando (28-33)

Indiana is sliding, losing 5 in row (welcome to our world). Miami won't hold up for much longer...I HOPE. I think they have the same strength of schedule like us. Jersey has a tougher schedule than us and don't have much left in their tank. And, NY isn't for real, especially w/o Crawford.

Now, we have 21 games left in our season and I honestly think we can go +.500 for the remainder of the season (IMO 13-8). Since Ariza came back, we have looked better and better. Yes we've lost most games, but you can tell it's only a matter of time we start clicking on ALL cylinders and make a run. Last night was a good taste of what this team can STILL can do.

Let's buckle our seat belts and enjoy the most exciting part of the season. It's time for our fellas to put up or shut up!

In this thread, we'll keep track of our playoff hunt as well as the progress of the other teams in contention. Currently we are chasing these teams:

6. Indiana (29-29)

7. Miami (29-29) - we own tie-breaker

8. New Jersey (28-31) - they own tie-breaker

9. New York (28-33) - they own tie-breaker

10. Orlando (28-33)

Indiana is sliding, losing 5 in row (welcome to our world). Miami won't hold up for much longer...I HOPE. I think they have the same strength of schedule like us. Jersey has a tougher schedule than us and don't have much left in their tank. And, NY isn't for real, especially w/o Crawford.

Now, we have 21 games left in our season and I honestly think we can go +.500 for the remainder of the season (IMO 13-8). Since Ariza came back, we have looked better and better. Yes we've lost most games, but you can tell it's only a matter of time we start clicking on ALL cylinders and make a run. Last night was a good taste of what this team can STILL can do.

Let's buckle our seat belts and enjoy the most exciting part of the season. It's time for our fellas to put up or shut up!

Games to watch tonight: NJ vs. Philly. The 6'ers gotta take care of business for us. They're a young team with good weapons. AI2 and Korver need to go off like they normally do vs. Us.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

Good idea for a thread Nyce! I have stickied it so people can keep track!

Thanks Adam. I figured since some of the threads are getting redundant, we can have one main one. Maybe merging them into this one would be a good idea?

We def got a chance,especially if we play like we played against Dallas. The key to our sucess will def be the play of Ariza,and Darko,our youngens gotta be cosistant,we know what were gonna get out of D12,and G.Hill,and Jameer. Also Turk needs to play like he has in this road trip,maybe a linup adjustment to bring him of f the bench for Grant,and keep bogans at the 2,that way Turk and Ghill wont play at the same time,since its pretty obvious turk plays better when grant doesnt play.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Games to watch tonight: NJ vs. Philly. The 6'ers gotta take care of business for us. They're a young team with good weapons. AI2 and Korver need to go off like they normally do vs. Us.

Let's go Philly! Beat them like Boston did!

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Let's go Philly! Beat them like Boston did!

Halftime the 76ers are up on the Nets by 6 points. Milwaukee had to go to overtime in a game today. Michael Redd scored 52 points today so maybe tommorrow night his shoulder will be to tired and the Magic can get an easy victory.

In the final 20+ games left of the season maybe the Magic are gonna finally catch some breaks.

Great, now there's even less chance of us getting at least a #5 pick if Indiana starts sucking worse than us.

They could use more talent on that team. I wouldn't be surprised if they're tanking the season to get someone they're eyeing in the draft.

NJ just lost to Philly 86-99. This makes 2 losses in a row to 2 top lottery bound teams. This was the first game of a six game road trip playing Dallas, Houston, SA, Mem, and NOK. Then they play at home vs. the Heat. It is VERY possible that they end up on a 8 game losing streak after the Miami game. The Magic really need to take advantage of other teams losing and win their own games. This is definitely going to be a fun & close playoff race.

When it comes to injuries between Miami, Orlando, New Jersey, and New York, I'd say Orlando and New Jersey are in FAR better shape than the other two. The Nets are getting back Richardson and we're getting back Battie, who I believe is more important for overall team chemistry than Grant is at this point. For Miami to win Shaq will have to carry pretty much the entire load night in and night out. He's only human, I don't think he can carry superior emotion out on the court every game for a month and a half. I'll believe it when I see it.

I say the standings will end up like this:

6. New Jersey

7. Orlando

8. Miami

9. Indiana

10. New York

I said at the beginning of the season that Indiana will miss the playoffs, and I still stand by that notion.