Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Derrick Rose involved in NCAA scandal

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4210798

quote:
The allegations include "knowing fraudulence or misconduct" on an SAT exam by a player on the 2007-08 team.

The letter also alleged that Memphis provided $2,260 in free travel to road games for an associate of a player. The NCAA is charging Memphis with a failure to monitor.

If the NCAA allegations are proved true, Memphis might have to forfeit its NCAA-record 38 victories and Final Four appearance.

Luther Topps, who coached Rose's AAU team, told the Chicago Sun-Times he's known about the NCAA's investigation for several weeks and said he thinks the NCAA believes a former high school teammate of Rose's took the SAT for Rose.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4210798

quote:
The allegations include "knowing fraudulence or misconduct" on an SAT exam by a player on the 2007-08 team.

The letter also alleged that Memphis provided $2,260 in free travel to road games for an associate of a player. The NCAA is charging Memphis with a failure to monitor.

If the NCAA allegations are proved true, Memphis might have to forfeit its NCAA-record 38 victories and Final Four appearance.

Luther Topps, who coached Rose's AAU team, told the Chicago Sun-Times he's known about the NCAA's investigation for several weeks and said he thinks the NCAA believes a former high school teammate of Rose's took the SAT for Rose.

I think both this situation & the one with Mayo really highlight the level of corruption the NBA is spawning in the college game with this rediculous age limit.

Stern should open his eyes are recognize the 3 biggest stars in these playoffs were all drafted str8 out of HS.

Haha the SAT isn't even hard. I got a 1370 with a hangover and 2 hours of sleep.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

1260 for me, it was good enough for Florida State that's all I care about.

oh trey, how can you call a fellow FSU alum a moron? Although i am flattered i got under your skin enough for you to include me in your sig.

on topic- most basketball players are drueling idiots, so this isn't even slightly surprising to me. Did anyone else read the story about Dozier? He couldn't make UGA's requirement so he ended up at Memphis with a score that was like 500 pts higher.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

oh trey, how can you call a fellow FSU alum a moron? Although i am flattered i got under your skin enough for you to include me in your sig.

on topic- most basketball players are drueling idiots, so this isn't even slightly surprising to me. Did anyone else read the story about Dozier? He couldn't make UGA's requirement so he ended up at Memphis with a score that was like 500 pts higher.

500 higher than 1260? I think we talking on the 1600 scale, disregarding the writing part.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

you got it all wrong. dozier had someone take the sat for him and ended up with a 1270ish. The ncaa looked at that test and were like "***? he's a D+ student and he gets over a 1200? Not to mention his psat put him in the 4th percentile and he jumps up to 87th? I think we're going to invalidate this." UGA didnt want him after that. dozier took the sat again and ended up with a 760. You get 800 points for writing your name on it.