Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

Brian Hill return? Read what dafndakta says

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by NBAMagic47:

then just read thru my posts. you will get the same results

End of discussion. When I made the post I was hoping to hear from dafndakta.

If nothing else, I found you some friends.

i keep tellin everyone i am not alone. good that i can help you see that

Let's hope there aren't too many of you, NBAMagic47, especially in the front office where it counts. Otherwise our Magic will remain mired in mediocrity for a long time to come, and many fans (including this one) will say "enough". I've about had it with the self-inflicted injuries. The SI writer had it 100% correct, and if anything was too mild in his criticisms of Hill.

If they keep Hill, I hope you enjoy being one of the few people who goes to Magic games next year. They won't fill the arena and ultimately the team will probably leave, after they alienate the remaining fan base.

And you call yourself a Magic Fan. Sad.

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

Let's hope there aren't too many of you, NBAMagic47, especially in the front office where it counts. Otherwise our Magic will remain mired in mediocrity for a long time to come, and many fans (including this one) will say "enough". I've about had it with the self-inflicted injuries. The SI writer had it 100% correct, and if anything was too mild in his criticisms of Hill.

If they keep Hill, I hope you enjoy being one of the few people who goes to Magic games next year. They won't fill the arena and ultimately the team will probably leave, after they alienate the remaining fan base.

And you call yourself a Magic Fan. Sad.

i am a magic fan you should be ashamed of yourself for saying that you will say enough. a true fan will never say enough. look at the cubs fans. they go thru this year after year and keep coming back. they never say enough. true fans never say enough. so you sir are not a true fan. so if you leave you will not be missed. as for few people going to the games. if we did not lose our fan base after only winning 19 games a couple of years ago we will not lose fan base after this season. if we lose fans like you. we are not losing real fans anyway

quote:

i am a magic fan you should be ashamed of yourself for saying that you will say enough. a true fan will never say enough. look at the cubs fans. they go thru this year after year and keep coming back. they never say enough. true fans never say enough. so you sir are not a true fan. so if you leave you will not be missed. as for few people going to the games. if we did not lose our fan base after only winning 19 games a couple of years ago we will not lose fan base after this season. if we lose fans like you. we are not losing real fans anyway

Lots of insults there, good job. It's one thing to be a fan when you're clearly rebuilding. However, after awhile people start to develop expectations,especially after you've drafted a star player and upgraded your roster. When it looks then like your mired in quicksand or regressing, people start to become impatient, especially if there's an obvious and correctable problem that isn't being addressed. In this case the problem is the coach.

IMO, a true fan wants what's best for the team. If he/she sees a problem, they're doing what's best for the team by offering constructive criticism. Your approach, support the team no matter how stupidly they operate, is a guaranteed way to alienate the fan base and ultimately lose the team.

Losing fans like me, who've supported the team for 19 years, may not mean anything to you, but I suspect it means a lot to the people who matter (the management).

quote:

quote:

Lots of insults there, good job. It's one thing to be a fan when you're clearly rebuilding. However, after awhile people start to develop expectations,especially after you've drafted a star player and upgraded your roster. When it looks then like your mired in quicksand or regressing, people start to become impatient, especially if there's an obvious and correctable problem that isn't being addressed. In this case the problem is the coach.

IMO, a true fan wants what's best for the team. If he/she sees a problem, they're doing what's best for the team by offering constructive criticism. Your approach, support the team no matter how stupidly they operate, is a guaranteed way to alienate the fan base and ultimately lose the team.

Losing fans like me, who've supported the team for 19 years, may not mean anything to you, but I suspect it means a lot to the people who matter (the management).

you started with the insults. not me so good job to you too. i have supported the team for 19 years myself. the coach is not the only problem. our roster is just as big or even a bigger problem. your right we drafted a star player. but that is all we have one good player and a bunch of role players with the potential to be good or even great players. if we had a roster of good solid players that played consistently then you can blame the coach. but when we have a roster full of potential players. they have the potential to be good players. they have the potential to be bad players. you cant judge a coach with a roster full nothin but potential.

NBAMagic47, your at it again. YOu are obviously a tool of management to quell the unrest of the fans over the inept coach we are stuck with. Every arguement against him you slam with no statistics to back up your arguement. You just state your opinion like its from god's mouth to your brain. I am tired of your C*** as I am sure most of us are.

You state that Darko isn't good and thats why Detroit got rid of him. Obvious B.S.

You state there are columnists that say Brian is a good coach, but list none. Obvious B.S.

You say that JJ can not play in the playoffs because he is a rookie and will choke as most rookies do. Who hit the 3pt. shot with Rip in his face in the last minute of game four?

Obvious B.S.

Do us all a favor and keep your B.S. for the farm, I am sure there are some farmers that would love your S***, but not us.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

NBAMagic47, your at it again. YOu are obviously a tool of management to quell the unrest of the fans over the inept coach we are stuck with. Every arguement against him you slam with no statistics to back up your arguement. You just state your opinion like its from god's mouth to your brain. I am tired of your C*** as I am sure most of us are.

You state that Darko isn't good and thats why Detroit got rid of him. Obvious B.S.

You state there are columnists that say Brian is a good coach, but list none. Obvious B.S.

You say that JJ can not play in the playoffs because he is a rookie and will choke as most rookies do. Who hit the 3pt. shot with Rip in his face in the last minute of game four?

Obvious B.S.

Do us all a favor and keep your B.S. for the farm, I am sure there are some farmers that would love your S***, but not us.

if you dont like my bs dont read my bs. i am not going anywhere. so get use to it. you can isult me all you want. it does not bother me. but i am doing something that is bothering you. i am not agreeing with you. that is what bothers you. darko talent is yet to be seen. he can be a good or a decent or a great or a bad player. that is yet to be seen. i hope the best if he is still in a magic uniform. if he leaves. i could care less what kind of player he is if he dont play for the magic. jj will get his time. next year he will play a major role on this team. i never said the there are columist that say the brian is doing a good job. but if you remember in the beggining of the season he was voted the coach of the month. and it wasnt you guys who voted for him. it was the columist you claim dont like the coach

Yeah, he was coach of the month in November. But after that our team had a worse record than almost any other team. That includes the months of December through April.

Way to take something from the past totally out of context. No one has called him "coach of the month" for a very long time, and the media is very critical now.

As for Darko, Hill has retarded his developement by the way he's used him this year. Yeah, if you make the guy play in a way that's unnatural and makes him lose confidence, you won't see his potential. But again, that's because of lousy coaching, not because the potential isn't there. I suppose you can coach any player in such a way that he looks bad on the court, but then to pile blame on the player is adding insult to injury.

Darko's talent is yet to be seen??? Did you watch the playoffs? Brian was coach of the month thanks to a great start. If he was such a great coach then what happened the rest of the months. Oh yeah that was the players fault, IN your opinion. But he had exactly the same players in the first month.

quote:
just read through brian shmidts at the sentinels archive. im sure you will find something

Wasn't this your quote about a writer saying something positive about Brian's coaching?

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Darko's talent is yet to be seen??? Did you watch the playoffs? Brian was coach of the month thanks to a great start. If he was such a great coach then what happened the rest of the months. Oh yeah that was the players fault, IN your opinion. But he had exactly the same players in the first month.

quote:
just read through brian shmidts at the sentinels archive. im sure you will find something

Wasn't this your quote about a writer saying something positive about Brian's coaching?

not about brians coaching. about the lack of talent. if we had a great start because of talent. what happenned to the rest of the months. turnovers. miss free throws. not executing. making bad decisions with the ball. oh yeah that is the coachs fault. at the nba level you should not have to teach fundamentals like dribbling and passing and making good basketball decisions. that is the signs of a young team. be patient. they will be better next year

quote:

at the nba level you should not have to teach fundamentals like dribbling and passing and making good basketball decisions. that is the signs of a young team. be patient. they will be better next year

You darn well better teach whatever you have to in order to make the team better.

Jameer did not have a problem with turnovers last year. He played much worse this year than he did last year, looking like a bad imitation of Steve Francis. Since he got worse this year, why on earth do you think he'll get better next year under the same coach and offensive scheme? I'd expect him to get even worse.

quote:

quote:

at the nba level you should not have to teach fundamentals like dribbling and passing and making good basketball decisions. that is the signs of a young team. be patient. they will be better next year

You darn well better teach whatever you have to in order to make the team better.

Jameer did not have a problem with turnovers last year. He played much worse this year than he did last year, looking like a bad imitation of Steve Francis. Since he got worse this year, why on earth do you think he'll get better next year under the same coach and offensive scheme? I'd expect him to get even worse.

i agree we need a better pg. but how is that the coachs fault. there was a reason why he dropped to 21 in the draft. this year we saw why