Sign in to follow this  
MightyMouse

Shaq was at Game 4

I have to respectfully disagree with almost all of you big time. I think it showed that shaq still thinks about today what could have been if he had jsut stayed, it showed that part of him he tries so much not to show... Shaq did see us to the 95 finals... And i thought it was shaqs way of trying to see us to the finals in 09' and be there for a team he knows that he gave up on, I thought this not only showed a lot of class, but Shaq reflecting, on his own self... Making an appearence in a game which we have one more win left to possibly achieve advancing to the finals , it was his way of saying "Hey, I'm sorry, i'll never say it, but deep down, yeah i regret leaving"... Either way, i am sure this is an emotional time for Shaq..

*my opinion..

quote:
Originally posted by ALPHA OMEGA theEND forOtis:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Shaq has done way too much to damage his rep with the Magic. I don't care if he took us to the finals 200 years ago, he is an idiot. The fact that he has a personal vendetta against our current Superstar and Superstar Coach right now makes me dislike him even more.

How is Shaquille O'neal an idiot because of his suppose rift with "Dwight" and "Van Gundy". Shaq has nothing against either of themm in fact. His comments about Van Gundy were accurate and were based on his previous experience with him as a coach. Matter of fact, Van Gundy warranted those comments since he offered his "insight" about how bad is it for a guy like Shaq to "flop". He should have kept those comments to himself. As for Dwight Howard, there was a Superman 10 years before he played his first Nba Game. If that is not clear to you then I don't know what will be clear to you. Shaquille O'neal brought years of good basketball to our organization in spite of choosing to go elsewhere. Being stuck with a loser coach such as Brian Hill is not the best scenario that you want, nor staying with a team that is not even willing to match another team's offer. Going back to the whole Shaq era, the Magic front office could have payed Shaq that amount of money.

This logic is way out of whack.

Consider this analogy....You are lucky enough to date the hottest woman on the planet for four years, and you have an incredible time with her, and you get to go all the way, but OOPS, not QUITE all the way with her. Then, after four years, she leaves you for a flashier dude whom she was after the whole time she was with you. All the while, she is bad-mouthing you to anyone who is listening, questioning your manhood, and then she ends up going all the way with this new guy not once, not twice, but THREE friggin times.

After a while, you move on, and find another hot girl to date you. You think that your old girl has moved on too. But no, she moves just down the block and bangs your high school rival. She still discredits you, says you smell, and that you get nervous around women.

Now, she's starting to get a little long in the tooth, maybe gravity is starting to win out, and she starts dropping hints that she wants to come back to you, for old time's sake. But see, your new girl is looking better and better all the time, and she's promising you that she is going to take you all the way.

So, here's the thing, no matter how good your memories are of your four years with this girl, the truth is, she never wanted to be with you and she's been punking you this whole time. Why would you even remotely consider taking her back?

Is that the way you really feel? I'm sure that if you were in his shoes then you would have done the same thing. This is a dynamic business and nothing can be taken for granted. If a player no longer wants to play for your team then what can you do about it. Did you stop watching games because Shaq left? Do you feel angry about Shaq leaving for money? Then it sounds like your bitterness has negated the fact that Stan Van Gundy made a directive comment against Shaq, and then Shaq fired back at him just as you would.

I don't know how old you are but I'm going to guess by your screen name that you are considerably younger than me. The day that we found out that Shaq was leaving without compensation was one of the worse days ever. As a collective fan base, we likely won't be able to totally purge that feeling until Dwight Howard hoists an O'Brien trophy over his head.

My analogy about the girlfriend was meant to be humorous, but also to make a point. Nothing that Shaq has said or done since he left has given any indication that he ever wanted to be here! And look at what he has said about the other teams he has since left. You will notice a trend.

And don't even get me started on your comment about paying Shaq more money. That is ludicrous. In fact, just go here to read what I already typed this morning:

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...=837105552#837105552

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Expanding on your analogy...that would be like moving your old flame into your guest house when she was destitute. She could watch your hotter, young girl walk around in her bikini, while she was in her one piece. She could listen to the wild sex you guys have & who knows, every now and then you might throw her a bone, or invite her to join in a threesome.

Normally I wouldn't be opposed to throwing the old girl a hate ****, but the fact is that she doesn't really look good any more, and she's such a ***** you're going to end up spending most of your time worry about her fighting with the new girl. Who needs to listen to that?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Shaq has done way too much to damage his rep with the Magic. I don't care if he took us to the finals 200 years ago, he is an idiot. The fact that he has a personal vendetta against our current Superstar and Superstar Coach right now makes me dislike him even more.

How is Shaquille O'neal an idiot because of his suppose rift with "Dwight" and "Van Gundy". Shaq has nothing against either of themm in fact. His comments about Van Gundy were accurate and were based on his previous experience with him as a coach. Matter of fact, Van Gundy warranted those comments since he offered his "insight" about how bad is it for a guy like Shaq to "flop". He should have kept those comments to himself. As for Dwight Howard, there was a Superman 10 years before he played his first Nba Game. If that is not clear to you then I don't know what will be clear to you. Shaquille O'neal brought years of good basketball to our organization in spite of choosing to go elsewhere. Being stuck with a loser coach such as Brian Hill is not the best scenario that you want, nor staying with a team that is not even willing to match another team's offer. Going back to the whole Shaq era, the Magic front office could have payed Shaq that amount of money.

This logic is way out of whack.

Consider this analogy....You are lucky enough to date the hottest woman on the planet for four years, and you have an incredible time with her, and you get to go all the way, but OOPS, not QUITE all the way with her. Then, after four years, she leaves you for a flashier dude whom she was after the whole time she was with you. All the while, she is bad-mouthing you to anyone who is listening, questioning your manhood, and then she ends up going all the way with this new guy not once, not twice, but THREE friggin times.

After a while, you move on, and find another hot girl to date you. You think that your old girl has moved on too. But no, she moves just down the block and bangs your high school rival. She still discredits you, says you smell, and that you get nervous around women.

Now, she's starting to get a little long in the tooth, maybe gravity is starting to win out, and she starts dropping hints that she wants to come back to you, for old time's sake. But see, your new girl is looking better and better all the time, and she's promising you that she is going to take you all the way.

So, here's the thing, no matter how good your memories are of your four years with this girl, the truth is, she never wanted to be with you and she's been punking you this whole time. Why would you even remotely consider taking her back?

Is that the way you really feel? I'm sure that if you were in his shoes then you would have done the same thing. This is a dynamic business and nothing can be taken for granted. If a player no longer wants to play for your team then what can you do about it. Did you stop watching games because Shaq left? Do you feel angry about Shaq leaving for money? Then it sounds like your bitterness has negated the fact that Stan Van Gundy made a directive comment against Shaq, and then Shaq fired back at him just as you would.

I don't know how old you are but I'm going to guess by your screen name that you are considerably younger than me. The day that we found out that Shaq was leaving without compensation was one of the worse days ever. As a collective fan base, we likely won't be able to totally purge that feeling until Dwight Howard hoists an O'Brien trophy over his head.

My analogy about the girlfriend was meant to be humorous, but also to make a point. Nothing that Shaq has said or done since he left has given any indication that he ever wanted to be here! And look at what he has said about the other teams he has since left. You will notice a trend.

And don't even get me started on your comment about paying Shaq more money. That is ludicrous. In fact, just go here to read what I already typed this morning:

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...=837105552#837105552

Right, and you are basing your comments on my supposed age? Just because I choose to let go of the past and not cry about Shaq leaving doesn't mean that I am younger than you, or know less than your "profound" knowledge of basketball. I know Shaq is a piece of crap for leaving (many people leave their jobs to get better ones) his fanbase but this is just the reality of the game. I was actually in 8th grade when Shaq left and it was one of the most unpleasant things for me as a magic fan. I slowly digested it and now it is out of my system. I enjoyed every Magic game in spite of our failures to become a dominant team, and I no longer hold anything against Shaq due to leaving the magic.

The Lakers obviously offered more money than the Magic would have; however, I do agree that he went there to be a Laker mainly so I can give you the benefit of being right. My point is that you should not base your perception of him just for that. My point is that whatever comments that Shaq made were solely based on Stan Van Gundys comments. In a way Stan Van Gundy should have kept his outspoken comments to himself.

I honestly think that Shaq and Dwight would have gotten along great together IF Shaq hadn't talked all the garbage he did.

Dwight and Shaq are very similiar. Pretty much the same play style, same childish behavior in the lockerroom to keep spirits up, same showmanship on and off the court *Except Dwight hasn't made HORRENDOUS films like Kazahm* and Shaq would have been a great mentor to the game, how to work the refs etc. Dwight would have 2 hall of fame centers teaching him everything he could ever want.

BUT Shaq had to open his mouth and burn everything he had helped build with this franchise to the ground. As much as I hated to see Shaq go, the bitterness in me vanished after a few years. Until he started talking about my "hotter girlfriend."

In short, Shaq would have to publicly apologize to Dwight, SVG and the city of Orlando for being a p r i c k, which we all know will never happen.

quote:
Originally posted by fansince89':

I honestly think that Shaq and Dwight would have gotten along great together IF Shaq hadn't talked all the garbage he did.

Dwight and Shaq are very similiar. Pretty much the same play style, same childish behavior in the lockerroom to keep spirits up, same showmanship on and off the court *Except Dwight hasn't made HORRENDOUS films like Kazahm* and Shaq would have been a great mentor to the game, how to work the refs etc. Dwight would have 2 hall of fame centers teaching him everything he could ever want.

BUT Shaq had to open his mouth and burn everything he had helped build with this franchise to the ground. As much as I hated to see Shaq go, the bitterness in me vanished after a few years. Until he started talking about my "hotter girlfriend."

In short, Shaq would have to publicly apologize to Dwight, SVG and the city of Orlando for being a p r i c k, which we all know will never happen.

I see your analogy there and it is just in my opinion. I don't think he owes an apology to Stan Van Gundy as he was the one who spoke first and provoked his comments. Stan Van Gundy has made many improvements over the years as a coach and is a hell of a great coach, if not the top 3 coach in the league. Coming in to 1 win away with the finals with an inconsistent group of guards is probably a lot of good coaching. Stan Van GUndy's ways may have been unfavorable with the Heat; however, things have changes in Orlando for the good of everyone. Personally, I can't change the way people feel about Shaq and he has merit that for taking the high road. Just for that reason alone, I will hope Shaq never lays a finger in any type of Magic ownership along with Grant Hill(his contract set ups back, players like Kemp and Ewing made us look like a retirement home).

quote:

Right, and you are basing your comments on my supposed age? Just because I choose to let go of the past and not cry about Shaq leaving doesn't mean that I am younger than you, or know less than your "profound" knowledge of basketball. I know Shaq is a piece of crap for leaving (many people leave their jobs to get better ones) his fanbase but this is just the reality of the game. I was actually in 8th grade when Shaq left and it was one of the most unpleasant things for me as a magic fan. I slowly digested it and now it is out of my system. I enjoyed every Magic game in spite of our failures to become a dominant team, and I no longer hold anything against Shaq due to leaving the magic.

The Lakers obviously offered more money than the Magic would have; however, I do agree that he went there to be a Laker mainly so I can give you the benefit of being right. My point is that you should not base your perception of him just for that. My point is that whatever comments that Shaq made were solely based on Stan Van Gundys comments. In a way Stan Van Gundy should have kept his outspoken comments to himself.

No, I wasn't basing my comments on your age, but assuming that you were younger, I thought perhaps Shaq's leaving didn't impact you as hard as it did me. Thanks for setting me straight.

I have to say though that your post above is of a different tone than the first one I responded to. You have shifted from being a Shaq apologist to now sounding more like an upset Magic fan who has moved on. And that is great that you can do that. I cannot, and I've got thousands and thousands of fellow Magic fans who are steadfastly with me on this point.

I don't base my perception of Shaq on his recent comments about Howard or SVG; instead, they only add fuel to the already-blazing inferno of his ruined reputation here in Orlando, as well as Miami, and even in LA too.

Oh, and the Lakers did not obviously offer Shaq more money. In fact, the Magic offered more.

And although I'm sure it is true that I possess more basketball knowledge than you, I never brought it up, nor did I describe it as "profound." Having said that, thanks for the compliment!

quote:

quote:

No, I wasn't basing my comments on your age, but assuming that you were younger, I thought perhaps Shaq's leaving didn't impact you as hard as it did me. Thanks for setting me straight.

I have to say though that your post above is of a different tone than the first one I responded to. You have shifted from being a Shaq apologist to now sounding more like an upset Magic fan who has moved on. And that is great that you can do that. I cannot, and I've got thousands and thousands of fellow Magic fans who are steadfastly with me on this point.

I don't base my perception of Shaq on his recent comments about Howard or SVG; instead, they only add fuel to the already-blazing inferno of his ruined reputation here in Orlando, as well as Miami, and even in LA too.

Oh, and the Lakers did not obviously offer Shaq more money. In fact, the Magic offered more.

And although I'm sure it is true that I possess more basketball knowledge than you, I never brought it up, nor did I describe it as "profound." Having said that, thanks for the compliment!

Well as a true magic fan I felt destroyed and it is still on the back of my mind but I learned to let it go since I thought we had some memorable seasons with average talent. I did shifted my tone mainly to let you know how I felt but I put that behind me already. I think Shaq is just one of those players who say stupid things and I known that but his recent comments on Gundy(over 8 weeks ago) it was SVG who started the ignorant comments. As you knowing more than me on basketball then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Drinks are on me!

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well as a true magic fan I felt destroyed and it is still on the back of my mind but I learned to let it go since I thought we had some memorable seasons with average talent. I did shifted my tone mainly to let you know how I felt but I put that behind me already. I think Shaq is just one of those players who say stupid things and I known that but his recent comments on Gundy(over 8 weeks ago) it was SVG who started the ignorant comments. As you knowing more than me on basketball then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Drinks are on me!

i wouldnt say svg's comments were ignorant. Shaq did flop and for a player who's been lobbying against flopping his entire career it was disheartening.