Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 3 Game 2: Playoffs Game Thread Magic @ Cavaliers 5/22 8:30 P.M.

quote:
Originally posted by Animorphfan:

quote:
Originally posted by MAGICFAN365:

if anywone has it on tivo or whatever...when they clock misteriously ran down to 0:00 during that timeout. is/was there a difference between the clock before and after it was reset? i am probably reaching but that seemed random.

Actually, they had it at 13.8 before the timeout and then they put it at 13.6 after for some reason

thanks it was a reach but whatever.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I hate to overly critical after that great game, but two things really stand out to me...

1) When you have the last possession in a tie game, there is only one unacceptable outcome in regulation. I wouldn't label it poor clock management, but it was obviously less than perfect.

2) Why was Hedo on LeBron for that final play? LeBron got space from Hedo and was able to get his feet set for a straight away shot. Hedo might be more difficult to shot over than Pietrus, but LeBron never would have had that space, and would have had to come back further to meet the ball. Not to mention, if I'm SVG there, I put Gortat on the out of boards passer, or double LeBron.

There is no such thing as a moral victory in the NBA playoffs, but Cleveland has only managed to beat Orlando with miracle 3 point shots at home this season. It will be very interesting to see if Orlando owns Cleveland at home now or if this will indeed be a tight series throughout...

Exactly, this is a game we should have won. The comeback was great but should be expected because we are just a better team. They have played well for 2 quarters, we have shot really well from 3. SVG just admitted that he made a mistake on his post game conference for that last play. It is true and from a basketball perspective it was poor defending. He had a TO and should have used it when he saw what they are running.

quote:

I hate to overly critical after that great game, but two things really stand out to me...

1) When you have the last possession in a tie game, there is only one unacceptable outcome in regulation. I wouldn't label it poor clock management, but it was obviously less than perfect.

You wanted the play ran so the player would take the shot so time would run out while the ball was in the air? Easier said than done. The player looks at the clock to time when to make his move, but after he starts his move, he's looking for his shot.

I think Hedo played it great.

I'll take my chances on leaving the other team with one second left.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

You wanted the play ran so the player would take the shot so time would run out while the ball was in the air? Easier said than done. The player looks at the clock to time when to make his move, but after he starts his move, he's looking for his shot.

I think Hedo played it great.

I'll take my chances on leaving the other team with one second left.

Agreed as well. Stan said it himself it was a coaching decision which he thinks he couldve played differently but still we had a very good chance to win it. I dont feel that bad actually. This type of game makes me believe our team can destroy Cleveland in the next 2 games.

i said magic in 5 from the jump....tonights win by the cavs was heart wrenching cuz of the factors at hand..turk hit a big shot...there was only 1.0 secs on the clock..the game was ours and it got snatched so thats why it hurts so bad...but i DID say magic in 5...so hopefully this is the one win the cavs take from us....

From another thread.

I feel like ripping my hair off. Unbelievable.

When I saw that should have been technical on Mo I thought like "now we lose by 3" when Mo scored the 3pt shot.

This is just so heartbreaking, blown call after blown call and we lose by 1.

And I don't know what to do with these broadcasters. They just keep talking like they're local Cavs analysts or coach assistants.

You guys need to remember that Orlando always blows a home game. With that said, we're probably looking at the series right there. We needed this game, we did.

I hope I'm wrong, but I need to vent, because between the refs and the broadcasters gave me a hard time only a Magic win could have overcome hehehehe.

i know that we lost this game more than cleveland won it..and we are no doubt the better team...they can barely win in their own arena..but it pisses me off looking back at how lebron had like 4 mini time outs for all his cuts (which they shouldve just taped up from the beginning). all those breaks give him time to get some energy and disrupt the fluency. i guess im just super infuriated right now and am reaching...ppl are blowin up my phone talking smack

I'm proud of our team. It was a great game, you can point out everything they did wrong and I'll counter it by what they did to fight themselves back.

This team is starting to peak at the right moment.

Seriously screw the NBA, why don't they just make it a 2 team league KOBE and whoever vs Lebron and the Le'Brons!! If I wanted to watch something that was pre determined, I'd watch the WWE!!!