Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Your X-Factor for the ECF is...

I was thinkin who needs to have a big series for us to win. My answer?

The Rook. Courtney Lee.

Basketball is about matchups. Lee had a very favorable matchup in RD1 against Philly, and he showed it by being the 2nd best player in that series behind you know who.

RD2: The opponents starting SG plays a rare style of play that makes it difficult for Lee to guard him, BUT a guy who's been warming the bench for years plays the same style and steps up to guard him. Lee is put on a streaky shooter and holds him down.

RD3: Lee will once again have a favorable matchup while he is on offense. Starter Delonte West can probably match Lee's quickness step for step, but is smaller and not as strong as Lee and Lee should take advantage of this by being more physical with West. When he's being guarded by guys like Pavlovic or Szczerbiak, the answer is clear. He will blow right by those guys. I DARE Mike Brown to put one of those two on Lee.

Defensively, Lee will be a versatile wild card. He will sometimes be put on Mo Williams to perhaps stop his penetration and kick outs, or to slow the game down. He may be put on shooters like West, Pavlovic or Szczerbiak to prevent them from getting open looks. And of course, like he did in Cleveland, he will see some time guarding The King. He did a surprisingly good job this season on LeBron. He (just like everyone else) can't stop him, but he seemed to slow him down surprisingly well.

So, in your opinion, who has to step it up for us to advance to The Finals???

I was thinkin who needs to have a big series for us to win. My answer?

The Rook. Courtney Lee.

Basketball is about matchups. Lee had a very favorable matchup in RD1 against Philly, and he showed it by being the 2nd best player in that series behind you know who.

RD2: The opponents starting SG plays a rare style of play that makes it difficult for Lee to guard him, BUT a guy who's been warming the bench for years plays the same style and steps up to guard him. Lee is put on a streaky shooter and holds him down.

RD3: Lee will once again have a favorable matchup while he is on offense. Starter Delonte West can probably match Lee's quickness step for step, but is smaller and not as strong as Lee and Lee should take advantage of this by being more physical with West. When he's being guarded by guys like Pavlovic or Szczerbiak, the answer is clear. He will blow right by those guys. I DARE Mike Brown to put one of those two on Lee.

Defensively, Lee will be a versatile wild card. He will sometimes be put on Mo Williams to perhaps stop his penetration and kick outs, or to slow the game down. He may be put on shooters like West, Pavlovic or Szczerbiak to prevent them from getting open looks. And of course, like he did in Cleveland, he will see some time guarding The King. He did a surprisingly good job this season on LeBron. He (just like everyone else) can't stop him, but he seemed to slow him down surprisingly well.

So, in your opinion, who has to step it up for us to advance to The Finals???

Turk, he needs to make Lebron work on defense and make him work on offense. Turk is a difficult cover for Bron and he needs to put up reasonable numbers. We also have to take care of the ball. Bron in the open court is a nightmare and he is the best finisher in the NBA. Take care of the ball and make them a halfcourt team. Rafer will have to guard Mo on the perimeter unlike Rondo be cause he is money from out there.

Since you picked Lee im going to go with PIETRUS the guy had a great series against Boston and I look for him to do the same against the likes of Szczerbiak Pavlovic and West he should be able to drive on all 3 of them and get to the hole and if they lay off of him he looks like he is starting to knock down that jump shot!!!!!!! GO GET EM MAGIC!!!!!!!

Im gunna go out on a limb and say rafer alston is our x-factor....because we need him to push push push the ball on every play. I think we need solid minutes from him to win. everyone knows turk is not consistant everyone knows lewis is "for the most part" and Dwight cant get the ball to his self. Rafer Alston stack up the assists find our guys in the sweetspot then dissapear in the 4th Quarter and let hedo get to work!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I agree it has to be Rafer. The reason we blew them out when we did during the season is because we ran them out of the gym. We have to continue doing that. So Rafer has to push the ball as much as he can.

Pietrus on both sides of the ball. He will put in a lot of time on Lebron. He just has to slow him down with out giving him the lane and getting on the line.

If he looks for easier shots than the 3 and shoots like he has been recently that is absolutely huge off the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Hedo. Because you never know which one is going to show up.

/thread

If he turns into the same ol' step-back-3 machine again, we lose. If he plays even remotely under control, there's not a team that can beat us. He IS our wild card.