Sign in to follow this  
ma

Hollinger: Why can't Orlando and Boston make 3-pointers?

quote:

As Orlando and Boston resume their thrilling series with Thursday night's Game 6 in O-Town, we have two kinds of stories to track.

The first is the obvious, on-the-radar story about Dwight Howard's criticism of coach Stan Van Gundy and whether "Superman" will step up and prove himself deserving of the post touches he clamored for.

I've already said my piece about Howard. Of far greater intrigue to me now is the under-the-radar story: How come neither team can make a 3-pointer?

Two of the best outside-shooting teams in the league have spent five games flinging bricks from the perimeter -- both teams are shooting exactly 32.2 percent from downtown in the series, a mark that every team except Philadelphia exceeded in the regular season.

Read more at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...&page=PERDiem-090514

Also, at 6pmET today, JVG will be on ESPN radio (can listen at espn.com)

quote:

As Orlando and Boston resume their thrilling series with Thursday night's Game 6 in O-Town, we have two kinds of stories to track.

The first is the obvious, on-the-radar story about Dwight Howard's criticism of coach Stan Van Gundy and whether "Superman" will step up and prove himself deserving of the post touches he clamored for.

I've already said my piece about Howard. Of far greater intrigue to me now is the under-the-radar story: How come neither team can make a 3-pointer?

Two of the best outside-shooting teams in the league have spent five games flinging bricks from the perimeter -- both teams are shooting exactly 32.2 percent from downtown in the series, a mark that every team except Philadelphia exceeded in the regular season.

Read more at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...&page=PERDiem-090514

Also, at 6pmET today, JVG will be on ESPN radio (can listen at espn.com)

Defense should have been good. But in ORL case, I can remeber multiple times in which the guys have been comfortable and still don't make the shot.

Idk, but it's been a pain in this series for the Magic. Those 3s were much needed.

quote:
Eddie House made nine of his first 12 long-range shots before the Magic put Courtney Lee on him the past two games; he didn't make a triple in either and attempted only two. (My new nickname for Lee is "Stucco" -- he's got House completely covered.)

Love the nickname for Lee!