Sign in to follow this  
iddelen

With Hedo no wonder we lost

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by ClubMed:

Unless you are black, you cant talk about racism. It maybe prejudicism at most.

Wait...what??!!

Read what DOM has been writing, then ask me, ok????

There cant be racism amongst the same race. There can be predujicism, he keeps mentioning racism.

I want to know what he is talking about.

Ask him.

Instead of wait whatting me, stop him cursing people off, calling people idiots, and defaming everybody who doesnt agree with him.

Looks to me like DOM isn't the only one who needs to chill. As for your statements on racism and prejudice, they are misguided at best, flat out wrong at worst.

Racism absolutely exists within a single race. I will also say that just because two people from different parts of the world might like the same or at least similar to each other in comparison to someone else, it doesn't mean they are of the same race. This is a general comment, not necessarily addressed to you specifically.

quote:

Looks to me like DOM isn't the only one who needs to chill. As for your statements on racism and prejudice, they are misguided at best, flat out wrong at worst.

Racism absolutely exists within a single race. I will also say that just because two people from different parts of the world might like the same or at least similar to each other in comparison to someone else, it doesn't mean they are of the same race. This is a general comment, not necessarily addressed to you specifically.

I dont care what he thinks, he has to live with his ignorance.

As many of you figured, my initial post was actually quotes from the game thread. It is incredible that this thread already has 50 replies and 1154 views by now. Well, it seems like a good scapegoat is nearly as welcome as a solution to the problem.

Hedo's play at the end of games is a coin flip...

Heads - you get some remarkable step back 3's, hand in the face fade away baseline shots or some Pierce like "And 1's"....

Tails - you get uncoordinated, unfocused garbage out of him.

you never know what ur gonna get with him... thats why im not fan.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

Hedo's play at the end of games is a coin flip...

Heads - you get some remarkable step back 3's, hand in the face fade away baseline shots or some Pierce like "And 1's"....

Tails - you get uncoordinated, unfocused garbage out of him.

you never know what ur gonna get with him... thats why im not fan.

Tough, but true. He can't go all game inconsistant with the shooting and then start settling for fade away threes, aka Antawn Walker, at the end of games.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wait...what??!!

There cant be racism amongst the same race. There can be predujicism, he keeps mentioning racism.

Ask him.

Instead of wait whatting me, stop him cursing people off, calling people idiots, and defaming everybody who doesnt agree with him.

A lot to cover.

First: prejucism isn't a word. The word you're looking for is prejudice, or prejudiced.

Second: your suggestion that all black people are the same race and all white people are the same race is easily the most racist thing I've ever seen written on this board.

Third: To answer your question about who am I to be prejudiced against anyone, I'd say that I've shown no prejudice against anyone, ever, and I'm getting a little tired of your repeated mangling of the meaning of the term. Prejudice implies I formed an opinion of something before experiencing it, i.e. without knowledge. I formed an opinion of Hedo over multiple seasons of watching him play for several different teams. That's the exact opposite of demonstrating prejudice. As for my supposed prejudice against Turkish people, I don't get where that even comes from. At no point have I disparaged the country of Turkey, nor have I belittled anyone here or anywhere else for being from Turkey. I've mocked people on this board for saying things that were stupid, pedantic and a whole lot of other adjectives, but the fact that they were or weren't Turkish had nothing to do with it. I've mocked plenty of Americans for saying dumb things. And I will continue to do so. But none of that makes me a bigot.

Christ, I went to a liberal arts college where over half the male population was gay and lived in a apartment building where I was one of 4 white people in the building. I'm a regular grand wizard.

Fourth: You said I was a self-proclaimed expert. That's not wholly untrue, since I've repeatedly told people I'm basically an expert at my job(since I, you know, am), but since I'm assuming you're referring to basketball, that statement is ridiculous since I've never claimed to be an expert and have, in fact, claimed twice in the last week that I'm NOT an expert, pointing out both times, both to rabid Hedo fans, that there is a difference between thinking I'm smarter than you and thinking I'm an expert.

Fifth: This is the only name I use on this board. Anyone who posts that they agree with me is a person agreeing with me. Seriously though, who is it that you think is me on a fake name?

Sixth: No one has to live with their ignorance of anything, since willful ignorance is a choice. That said, I've asked multiple times since you joined this board for you to explain some of your ramblings so that I could decipher them, since comments like "I seriously think DOM has been waiting for us to open the border so he can embrace civilization. At least he is hoping for his relatives. He knows what I am talking about." make absolutely no sense to me in any way, shape or form. You've refused. Oh well.

Lastly: I fail to see how I'm being a big bad meanie for saying another poster's idea is stupid and that's bad, but you, agent magic and vellasco can have a back and forth about how racist I am, and lets be adults here and not try to pretend that's not what that whole: "There are ethnic groups that can't stand a Turk being successful" argument was about, and that's totally cool.

You want me to treat you with respect? Say something worth respecting. But following me from thread to thread and writing increasingly indecipherable messages isn't the way to go about doing it.

Wow.

If you want a shock to the system, try reading page 1 of this thread, and then skipping straight to page 4. LOL.

Turkoglu has been so great in the playoffs. His 13.9 pts on 41% shooting is irreplaceable. I can't even imagine a Magic team with such great production!

And Lewis! He is so overrated. His 20ppg on 46% shooting is clearly inferior to that of Turkoglu.

Clearly, we should give the ball to Hedo more. He is so great. If only he would hold back a little so not to make Lewis look so bad.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wait...what??!!

Ask him.

A lot to cover.

First: prejucism isn't a word. The word you're looking for is prejudice, or prejudiced.

Second: your suggestion that all black people are the same race and all white people are the same race is easily the most racist thing I've ever seen written on this board.

Third: To answer your question about who am I to be prejudiced against anyone, I'd say that I've shown no prejudice against anyone, ever, and I'm getting a little tired of your repeated mangling of the meaning of the term. Prejudice implies I formed an opinion of something before experiencing it, i.e. without knowledge. I formed an opinion of Hedo over multiple seasons of watching him play for several different teams. That's the exact opposite of demonstrating prejudice. As for my supposed prejudice against Turkish people, I don't get where that even comes from. At no point have I disparaged the country of Turkey, nor have I belittled anyone here or anywhere else for being from Turkey. I've mocked people on this board for saying things that were stupid, pedantic and a whole lot of other adjectives, but the fact that they were or weren't Turkish had nothing to do with it. I've mocked plenty of Americans for saying dumb things. And I will continue to do so. But none of that makes me a bigot.

Christ, I went to a liberal arts college where over half the male population was gay and lived in a apartment building where I was one of 4 white people in the building. I'm a regular grand wizard.

Fourth: You said I was a self-proclaimed expert. That's not wholly untrue, since I've repeatedly told people I'm basically an expert at my job(since I, you know, am), but since I'm assuming you're referring to basketball, that statement is ridiculous since I've never claimed to be an expert and have, in fact, claimed twice in the last week that I'm NOT an expert, pointing out both times, both to rabid Hedo fans, that there is a difference between thinking I'm smarter than you and thinking I'm an expert.

Fifth: This is the only name I use on this board. Anyone who posts that they agree with me is a person agreeing with me. Seriously though, who is it that you think is me on a fake name?

Sixth: No one has to live with their ignorance of anything, since willful ignorance is a choice. That said, I've asked multiple times since you joined this board for you to explain some of your ramblings so that I could decipher them, since comments like "I seriously think DOM has been waiting for us to open the border so he can embrace civilization. At least he is hoping for his relatives. He knows what I am talking about." make absolutely no sense to me in any way, shape or form. You've refused. Oh well.

Lastly: I fail to see how I'm being a big bad meanie for saying another poster's idea is stupid and that's bad, but you, agent magic and vellasco can have a back and forth about how racist I am, and lets be adults here and not try to pretend that's not what that whole: "There are ethnic groups that can't stand a Turk being successful" argument was about, and that's totally cool.

You want me to treat you with respect? Say something worth respecting. But following me from thread to thread and writing increasingly indecipherable messages isn't the way to go about doing it.

If only you backed up this wonderful post with your wonderful basketball opinions.

It seems you are interested in anything but basketball.

I ve clearly stated several times I have no problem with you not liking the way Hedo plays.

It can only be a matter of opinion.

But your opinions about politics are way overrated.

Do you honestly think I would let it go after you made those unjust remarks about my country and my countrymen, on top of everything on a basketball forum?

Then answer this. Why does everybody have problems with you? Since you are as clean as a whistle, what is this bickering all about?

Why would we pick on you?

This is not the way to get attention. It might be for you, but at least it is not the place for it.

I have not once mentioned racism, you are the one who always brings it up.

I dont follow you, it seems you read every post and feel like you have to say something degrading about everything. In return you expect nobody to respond in any way. Moreover I dont know why but you dont respond to basketball related posts.

Thats a dream world, and it only exists in your dreams.

I have not once showed any reaction to your basketball related posts. Does it give you a clue?

I kindly asked you, not to call anybody idiot. And the person you called idiot was not Turkish. In return you said it was your opinion, and you were free to say it out loud.

I have a problem with your attitude. Either you have not been spanked good, or you are a spoiled brat. Here you go, this is my opinion and I say it out loud just like you.

From now on I wont post anything other than basketball related topics. I am here for basketball.

Dont bother writing anything in return, I wont even read it.

I have to say this, those were good days when skywise was doing stock comments. There was more basketball less bull back then.

quote:

If only you backed up this wonderful post with your wonderful basketball opinions.

It seems you are interested in anything but basketball. I actually hate basketball. That's why I joined a basketball forum 14 months before you did.

I ve clearly stated several times I have no problem with you not liking the way Hedo plays.

It can only be a matter of opinion. Agreed. But still somehow I'm a Hedo hater and just hates on Hedo and "is one of those people who doesn't want to see a Turk succeed on the international stage". And I didn't use the word racist there, even though that's clearly what that quote means, because apparently we're incapable of calling a spade a spade and acting like adults on this board.

But your opinions about politics are way overrated. Unless you've been patrolling the Race to the White House thread, my opinions on politics are private and rarely get shared on this board. I made one off-the-cuff joke over a month ago that was neither racist nor particularly interesting. If you're still upset about that, then I'm sorry. Not because I think I said anything worth being upset about at all, much less weeks later, but some people are sensitive I guess.

Do you honestly think I would let it go after you made those unjust remarks about my country and my countrymen, on top of everything on a basketball forum? What unjust remarks have I made about your country or your countryment? I've said multiple times that I've never been to Turkey and I've never met any Turks.

Then answer this. Why does everybody have problems with you? Since you are as clean as a whistle, what is this bickering all about?

Why would we pick on you? Who is it that doesn't get along with me? I'm in the chat during every game. We have a blast in there. And amazingly, we manage to talk about basketball and other stuff too. It's almost like we're multi-functioning animals. Except Cutestory.

This is not the way to get attention. It might be for you, but at least it is not the place for it.

I have not once mentioned racism, you are the one who always brings it up. When someone states that I probably don't want Hedo to succeed because I don't want a Turk to be successful on an international level, they're implying I'm racist against Turks. When you agree with the comment, you are agreeing with the implication, whether you say the word "racism" or not.

I dont follow you, it seems you read every post I read less than 10% of the posts here, and respond to less than half of that. and feel like you have to say something degrading about everything. In return you expect nobody to respond in any way. Moreover I dont know why but you dont respond to basketball related posts. I wrote a lengthy post about the Sampson/Olajuwon Rockets this afternoon in response to something you wrote. You even quoted it. Now you're just being ridiculous.

Thats a dream world, and it only exists in your dreams.

I have not once showed any reaction to your basketball related posts. Does it give you a clue? I have no clue why you'd ignore things I write. I don't live in your head. But once again: you said I don't ever write anything about basketball, and then in the same **** post you say that I do write things about basketball, and you just don't read them. This is why you sound ridiculous.

I kindly asked you, not to call anybody idiot. And the person you called idiot was not Turkish. Actually, I said his argument was idiotic, not that he was an idiot. There is a difference. In return you said it was your opinion, and you were free to say it out loud. No. What happened was you said I shouldn't tell someone his opinion was idiotic because everyone was entitled to their opinion. I then asked if that really meant everyone was entitled to an opinion except my opinion that his was idiotic. Again, there is a difference. The whole point of my post was that you can't say everyone's entitled to an opinion and then say that someone else isn't. Either every opinion is ok or none of them are.

I have a problem with your attitude. Either you have not been spanked good, or you are a spoiled brat. Here you go, this is my opinion and I say it out loud just like you. Ok. Cool. You have an opinion and you shared it. Isn't life awesome?

From now on I wont post anything other than basketball related topics. I am here for basketball.

Dont bother writing anything in return, I wont even read it. Atta boy.

I have to say this, those were good days when skywise was doing stock comments. There was more basketball less bull back then.