Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 2 Game 5: Playoffs Game Thread Magic at Celtics 5/12 8:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Orlandonole:

Honestly what is that 3 or 4 games we had 14 plus point leads and either lost or almost did? This team has had this problem all year and it won't change until we get a go to guy for the end of games that just takes it over. It is even worse if we lose this series and they are missing KG and Poe.

We have a go-to-guy: he's injured.

His number is #14.

our go to guy should be #9 but somehow SVG doesn't trust him as much as he trust turk.

quote:

I'll trade Dwight for Perkins. Straight up.

Of course I'm joking, I ****ing LOVE Dwight...

But me thinks he fancies himself too much of an offensive player.

What's wrong with being a defensive dynamo, who CAN be an offensive powerhouse sometimes?

Thank you. Dwight is just plain horrible more than 5 feet from the basket. He really needs to think of himself as a Bill Russell type and forget about offense. He just throws the ball at the hoop. With that said where does this team go from here?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Orlandonole:

Honestly what is that 3 or 4 games we had 14 plus point leads and either lost or almost did? This team has had this problem all year and it won't change until we get a go to guy for the end of games that just takes it over. It is even worse if we lose this series and they are missing KG and Poe.

We have a go-to-guy: he's injured.

His number is #14.

we have a go to guy its #12... we just never go to him

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD SHUT THE F_UCK UP!!! THIS **** AINT OVER, ITS GOIN TO SEVEN. CMON GUYS, HAVE A DRINK, SMOKE A BOWL, CHILL, ITS NOT OVER YET, WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM!

cmon bro i am the biggest magic homer and i know there is no way in hell they'll let us win game 7 if it even gets there

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Courtney Lee only played 11 minutes according to the box score...WTH!!!

Is that correct???

lee couldn't defend, svg benched him.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Courtney Lee only played 11 minutes according to the box score...WTH!!!

Is that correct???

Lee 5 points in 11:21

Redick 3 points in 28:58

We shot 12 free throws tonight....12. Dwight only got 3. Combine that with the Ray Allen non 3pter and the 'oh hey Doc complained we better change the call' shot clock violation we have all the proof necessary to prove the league gets what the league wants. I've never seen such an important call in a playoff game reversed like that, where NONE of the refs went running saying they saw it hit the rim before they conferenced. NONE of them saw what happened for sure and they guessed. Rewatch the game down the stretch and call after missed call went against the Magic, specifically Hedo getting nailed by Perkins (no foul) and Dwight being pushed and pulled on the Alston lob attempt (no foul). It's easy to say one team wanted it more, but if the refs are literally NOT MAKING ANY CALLS against Boston how can the Magic execute their offense?

quote:
Originally posted by BLACK MAGIC:

When we are up with a 20 point lead and the other team calls a timeout, what does SVG say to our players during that timeout?

Whatever he is saying or doing, he needs to change his words to our players.

I dunno. I want to blame SVG too because his team has been super sloppy, but I noticed something interesting. During one of the Magic's final timeouts, Battie grabbed the team before they went back on the floor and yelled "Take SMART shots! And box the f*** out and get a rebound! Cmon!"

...shortly after that, Perkins got THE key rebound in the game on that "airball". No Magic player was even near the basket for the rebound. Even Battie can't get through to these guys.

We don't have "IT".

Period. The refs blew it, sure, but we were up by FOURTEEN MOTHER ****ING POINTS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER.

Dwight is a ****ing *****. He is repeatedly destroyed by middle of the road players.

We lost our balls when Jameer went down.

Guys this is all on Dwight and his defense in th 4th quarter.

- Big Baby took him to school 1 on 1 3 times.

- He left Perkins twice undguarded for easy lay-ins.

- He did not box out Perkins on the controversial call.

- He went up with 1 (!!!) hand for the rebound after the Celtic's miss.

I am serious when I am saying that on THIS particular game, if Gortat was in there these last few minutes, we would have won.