Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 2 Game 5: Playoffs Game Thread Magic at Celtics 5/12 8:00 PM

Bottom line. We did what the Celtics did two nights ago, got the lead on the road and lost it. We did not, however, have the other team given an extra point and possession. There is NO EXCUSE for an official to overturn another without being 10000% positive. Take away Ray-Ray's point and the extra possession and the game is tied with about a minute and 10 seconds, our ball. I like it.

All of these mistakes could have been made up for with a simple freaking jumpball between Big Baby and Rashard with about 7 seconds left.

God awful officiating and I am waiting for the public apology.

quote:
Originally posted by ALPHA OMEGA theEND forOtis:

quote:
Originally posted by BLACK MAGIC:

blew it big time. Once again.

I'm not blaming the refs 100%, but this is probably the worst game I've seen in a while from the officials. Especially at the most critical portion of the game. They failed to make the correct calls. Only to please the home crowd.

I disagree with you on this one. I think the refs were better than any of the other games in the series. You just need to stop being a ref sore loser and admit the truth.

I don't think anyone is NOT blaming the Magic, but it took the COMBO of the refs and the Magic sucking, taht is where it's sore.

Typical Orlando. Choke artists extrodinaire. If there's one thing this team knows how to do, its how to blow a lead down the stretch.

Dwight played like a scared little ***** the whole night. I can already see the Twitter posts and blogs about how he needs to step it up, etc., but GUESS WHAT DWIGHT? You should have STEPPED IT THE **** UP TONIGHT.

It's disgusting. I don't even know why I watch because its the same BS every single year. We have no poise down the stretch, we panic and turn the ball over. We stop playing defense. We just wait for the clock to run out.

I am absolutely sick to my stomach right now.

Rafer Alston should not have been in the game at crunch time. He panics and dribbles the shot clock down to 7, then passes forcing Hedo or somebody to throw it up.

And that ridiculous drive? It should have been Hedo at the point forward with JJ and Lee.

Why is Gortat not getting the PF minutes? Boston has ZERO answer for him. They do not know what to do with him when he is out there.

Dwight with no touches in the 4rth except for that inbounds play?

Coaching error after coaching error.

Fans are ignorant. It isn't a lack of heart that prevented our shots from going in the way that the Celtics did. It wasn't our lack of hustle that made the refs god awful. It wasn't a lack of courage that got Hedo wrecked by Perkins.

All we can control is effort and it was there. The outcome isn't what we like and in this instance it can be, in large part, blamed on things out of our control. And that makes it feel much worse

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by iddelen:

quote:
Originally posted by Wescoat:

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

quote:
Originally posted by brkdw:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Orlandonole:

Honestly what is that 3 or 4 games we had 14 plus point leads and either lost or almost did? This team has had this problem all year and it won't change until we get a go to guy for the end of games that just takes it over. It is even worse if we lose this series and they are missing KG and Poe.

We have a go-to-guy: he's injured.

His number is #14.

our go to guy should be #9 but somehow SVG doesn't trust him as much as he trust turk.

What the hell.. Hedo didnt touched the ball in this match.. Shard was the go to guy.. sucked all last 4 possesion. Stop pointing him every time you feel pain in your as-ss

I take it you didn't watch the game but Hedo was the one continuously missing the 3 and trying to drive the ball and get a mercy foul. He has the right idea to attack the rim but do it right and not clumsily. He has gone cold and should leave orlando this offseason.

You, sir, are so wrong!

Hedo went into panic mode when Boston went on a run. That kind of play actually helped Boston. Instead of getting the ball to wide open teammates Hedo forced shots that should have never been taken.

which shots, lol

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by iddelen:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Honestly what is that 3 or 4 games we had 14 plus point leads and either lost or almost did? This team has had this problem all year and it won't change until we get a go to guy for the end of games that just takes it over. It is even worse if we lose this series and they are missing KG and Poe.

His number is #14.

our go to guy should be #9 but somehow SVG doesn't trust him as much as he trust turk.

Were you ****ing watching another game? Shard went for 0/4 in ar row in the last minutes and was the cause of the Celtics run.

Look around the NBA and the elite teams have a guy they can count on to close out games. If you watched the Magic this year you know we have various guys and only sometimes hence why we lose big leads and lose close games.

Boston has Paul and Ray you just saw that in the Chicago series. Hell Philly has Iggy and Miller. I know not every team has a Wade, Kobe or LBJ but we have lacked a closer since T-Mac was traded. He may have lost in the playoffs but he did not near have the supporting cast this team does for D12. Before him we had Penny and Shaq. Again we need a guy who wants the ball at the end of the game and will attack. Do you think those types of guys really wait for a set play?

And how does that differ from what I am saying? I say Shard is not a 4th quarter guy. Never was, never will be.

quote:
Originally posted by duelingdragons:

Typical Orlando. Choke artists extrodinaire. If there's one thing this team knows how to do, its how to blow a lead down the stretch.

Dwight played like a scared little ***** the whole night. I can already see the Twitter posts and blogs about how he needs to step it up, etc., but GUESS WHAT DWIGHT? You should have STEPPED IT THE **** UP TONIGHT.

It's disgusting. I don't even know why I watch because its the same BS every single year. We have no poise down the stretch, we panic and turn the ball over. We stop playing defense. We just wait for the clock to run out.

I am absolutely sick to my stomach right now.

Boston did the exact same thing two nights ago. Except the officials didn't overturn themselves and they got a fair shot at winning it in the end.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Courtney Lee only played 11 minutes according to the box score...WTH!!!

Is that correct???

lee couldn't defend, svg benched him.

He sure couldn't. I was just sitting here thinking about that.

*Sigh* This team is so mentally soft it's just embarrassing. Hopefully losing this series will teach the guys what they need to do to keep it together.

quote:
Originally posted by Wescoat:

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

quote:

quote:

quote:

His number is #14.

What the hell.. Hedo didnt touched the ball in this match.. Shard was the go to guy.. sucked all last 4 possesion. Stop pointing him every time you feel pain in your as-ss

I take it you didn't watch the game but Hedo was the one continuously missing the 3 and trying to drive the ball and get a mercy foul. He has the right idea to attack the rim but do it right and not clumsily. He has gone cold and should leave orlando this offseason.

You should take 2 new eyes or brand new brain.. Everytime he went to rim he drowes the basket and get the foul except last attempth. and last one was clear foul just like svg mentioned at PC. You better leave orlando this offseason btw

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD SHUT THE F_UCK UP!!! THIS **** AINT OVER, ITS GOIN TO SEVEN. CMON GUYS, HAVE A DRINK, SMOKE A BOWL, CHILL, ITS NOT OVER YET, WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM!

Bucktown, you can't tell EVERYBODY to shut up. . .

These are Magic fans, they are heartbroken. . .so let them vent!!!!

Listen man im heartbroken too, I feel sick, I just want to think positive, and I hope the arena is rocking for game 6. Sorry if I offended anyone.

My girlfriend is feverishly doing the laundry and changing the cats litter box trying to avoid me right now, im so upset guys