Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Is it time to change the "whole" backcourt? Including Rafer(Daily Dime)

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

No.

Lol. Spoken like a true conservative. (By the classical definition, no politics intended.)

The best line-up by far, taking into consideration both sides of the ball is:

Lee

Pietrus

Turk

Lewis

Dwight

Smack, that line-up with Gortat has been pretty much talked about all season but not implemented much by Van Gundy...I would be shocked if he did it now.

IMO, Gortat's playing time has diminished considerably since his infamous Stan "panics" comments...I would like to see Gortat get more playing time but I'm afraid the writing is on the wall for him...especially since yesterday's news about the Magic being interested in a Euro stud.

I also thought Boston could have attacked Redick much more aggressively than they did...Pierce seemed to want to take things into his own hands.

There were multiple possessions where Ray Allen finally took J.J. into the post...and he was wide open...J.J. was trying to front him...If I'm Rando I could have made that pass easily...but he chose not to...Dwight or whomever was on the other side of the lane...your basic post-up, isolation play.

Anyhow, much more minutes for Clee and Pietrus...less for Redick...spot minutes.

There is no doubt in my mind we are a better team with those guys on the floor...Kitno's Lenovo stat thread bears that out...that was taken from a sampling of the whole season...not just two games.

You take JJ out of the game last night and only give him spot minutes and the game isn't a one point game at the buzzer, Celtics still win.

JJ was our assist leader, finding guys like Dwight and Gortat for easy buckets and keeping the ball moving.

Lack of ball movement by our PG's and horrible shot selection from Hedo were our downfalls last night, why on earth would you want to make things worse by limiting the one guy that was doing the thing we need to most of to win in this series?

You give more minutes to Lee, Pietrus, and JJ by limiting the minutes of Alston, AJ, and Hedo when they are playing like they did last night.

Don't forget that Redick was the assist leader with 7. Which was 3 more assist than any other player. Also NO turnovers. Redicks mins in game 5 should depend on how he shoots early. If he comes out cold and goes 0 for 4 then he sits. Redicks been cold the last couple of games but defense and assists count for alot. Hopefully his shot will return in game 5.

And Lee wasn't exactly on fire. He made some big shots at the end but went 3 for 8. Better than Redick but not great. Lee will probably start but Stan shouldn' forget about Redick.

I think some of you will take a bullet for Redick. This man has become the new Pat Garrity. We drafted him to shoot the ball and he sucks at doing it. Talking about his assist when he could have made some of those shots, and we win the game easily. He needs to do what Big Baby did and go practice his shot.

I agree JJ isn't shooting well, but neither is anyone else. He is a great ball-passer and mover, and is good on defense. I don't care if JJ starts as long as he gets as many minutes as Lee. We don't have much choice in changing the pg situation. Alston and AJ were equally bad in the last game. Go with the hot hand. If AJ is having a great game, I hope SVG will keep him in. I don't think rearranging our "whole backcourt" is the answer.

quote:
Originally posted by 3 years left:

I think some of you will take a bullet for Redick. This man has become the new Pat Garrity. We drafted him to shoot the ball and he sucks at doing it. Talking about his assist when he could have made some of those shots, and we win the game easily. He needs to do what Big Baby did and go practice his shot.

I may take a bullet for Redick. If he agrees to pay me good, its not life threatening and I can live a normal life.

If you go back and read the game page I call Redick out and said if he would have made 1 or 2 of those threes we would have won. I don't blindly follow anyone. But there is also more to playing basketball than scoring. It doesn't matter what you draft a player for. It matters what they do during the game. Look at Baby Davis. I'm sure they have him on the team for scoring. Right?

I don't care who the PG is, but they need to push the ball! I'm absolutely sick of watching this team walk the ball up the floor. It's also puzzling after the success they had in games #1 & #3 pushing the tempo why they become content to play Boston's game after getting a W.

JJ has done a good job defensively & he moves the ball extremely well, but his shot can't be MIA if he wants burn with the way Lee & Pietrus are playing. Pietrus should be told he can't shoot a 3 until he's been in the game for at least 3 minutes & made 2 another shots. Then he's not allowed to shot consecutive 3 pointers. Lee needs to be more aggressive like he was in the first series. Boston doesn't have legit shot blockers.

An another note, I can't take watching Shard give up 10+ uncontested layups per game. For God Sakes, bring in Gortat, & slide Lewis down to SF where he can eat Pierce alive in the post!!!

Well regardless of the fact, he will only be on the team for one more year and we won't have to worry about him period. We'll see if any other coach will start him the playoffs again.

Just trying to get my opinion but honestly the few times we have seen Lue in the court he has made his shots ... why not go to him early in the second quarter just to see if he achieves something which our other pg's aren't achieving???