Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

"Rumor" from Raptors RealGM board. {Turk related} - from 5/10/09

Take it for what it's worth. Just something else to discuss.

quote:
Ok, so here goes. Many on this board know me, I've been here for about 8 years now and I tend to post in discussion threads (generally longer posts and then some shorter ones in conversation following up). I have never posted a rumor of any kind nor have I claimed to have inside sources. However, I had an interesting conversation last night that I felt I would share with the group. I take it with a grain of salt and so should you, but it's the slow season and every discussion point at least livens things up. Mods, if this isn't OK then let me know. I've been a good citizen for this long, no reason to screw it up now. On to the story....

So I'm out at a high-end steakhouse in the city very recently. After about 3 hours, I go on a tour of the place with my waiter. The waiter relates to me the following.

He mentions that BC often comes in, with coaches/scouts/whoever etc along, and takes over one of the private rooms (that happens to have a flatscreen). He and the coaches will eat steaks and watch basketball on the TV and talk about players etc. One day when BC was there, Orlando was in town and Turkoglu was eating dinner in the dining room. BC this time was sitting at the bar watching another screen, so he goes over to Turk's table and sits down. They chill for a while, there seems to be a lot of laughter etc., and BC gets up looking very pleased. He comes back to the bar and remarks "I think he might be playing for us next year."

So that's the story. It's second hand info but it's something. Turk does fit a few of the things the raptors need (scoring and rebounding from the 3), he's European and likes the city (and we all know the raps like to go after the talented euro guys), he can terminate his contract in the offseason (when we have some cap room), and he's a guy who can score and still share the ball (about 5 APG each of the last 2 seasons). Bonus, it would weaken an eastern conference rival.

So there you go - it's a rumor. There's a story and you're not going to find a web link for it. If you want I'll start a blog and throw it up there and then set up a link, but that seems like a waste of time. Take from it what you will. I won't be holding my breath, but it seems like bringing in Hedo would be an upgrade IMO.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/v...cb4db01851c9902befa0

Take it for what it's worth. Just something else to discuss.

quote:
Ok, so here goes. Many on this board know me, I've been here for about 8 years now and I tend to post in discussion threads (generally longer posts and then some shorter ones in conversation following up). I have never posted a rumor of any kind nor have I claimed to have inside sources. However, I had an interesting conversation last night that I felt I would share with the group. I take it with a grain of salt and so should you, but it's the slow season and every discussion point at least livens things up. Mods, if this isn't OK then let me know. I've been a good citizen for this long, no reason to screw it up now. On to the story....

So I'm out at a high-end steakhouse in the city very recently. After about 3 hours, I go on a tour of the place with my waiter. The waiter relates to me the following.

He mentions that BC often comes in, with coaches/scouts/whoever etc along, and takes over one of the private rooms (that happens to have a flatscreen). He and the coaches will eat steaks and watch basketball on the TV and talk about players etc. One day when BC was there, Orlando was in town and Turkoglu was eating dinner in the dining room. BC this time was sitting at the bar watching another screen, so he goes over to Turk's table and sits down. They chill for a while, there seems to be a lot of laughter etc., and BC gets up looking very pleased. He comes back to the bar and remarks "I think he might be playing for us next year."

So that's the story. It's second hand info but it's something. Turk does fit a few of the things the raptors need (scoring and rebounding from the 3), he's European and likes the city (and we all know the raps like to go after the talented euro guys), he can terminate his contract in the offseason (when we have some cap room), and he's a guy who can score and still share the ball (about 5 APG each of the last 2 seasons). Bonus, it would weaken an eastern conference rival.

So there you go - it's a rumor. There's a story and you're not going to find a web link for it. If you want I'll start a blog and throw it up there and then set up a link, but that seems like a waste of time. Take from it what you will. I won't be holding my breath, but it seems like bringing in Hedo would be an upgrade IMO.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/v...cb4db01851c9902befa0

Well in an ideal world, a sign and trade would be nice. But Turk isn't required to do that and if Toronto makes an offer like Turk wants, then good luck to him.

Im still of the opinion that a nice offer to Brandon Bass and moving Shard back to the 3 would be a great move for the Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Well in an ideal world, a sign and trade would be nice. But Turk isn't required to do that and if Toronto makes an offer like Turk wants, then good luck to him.

Im still of the opinion that a nice offer to Brandon Bass and moving Shard back to the 3 would be a great move for the Magic.

ditto brandon would fit nicely here

skimming through that thread, most of their fans think if this happens, it'll be Turk for Marion.

haven't watched Marion the last year or two, but I'm assuming with the growth of Lee and coaches finally paying attention to Shard as #2 option, losing Turk won't be such a bad thing if it'll better us in rebounding and defense. Still not the bruiser we need though.

One thing for sure, I would not be on board if he's gonna cry like a lil biotch. Hopefully these last 2 years humbled him a bit.

Jameer/Skip/AJ

Lee/JJ/Pietrus

Shard/Pietrus/Marion

Marion/Shard/Battie

Dwight/Gortat

If he goes, we gotta S&T him.

If BC (Bryan Colangelo) did his homework, I think he knows that Turk could be a great fit here. With Calderon at PG, Turk doesn't have to do NEARLY as much ball-handling.

Will their coaching staff be able to control his wild jumpers? That's a different question for a different day.

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

I wouldn't be surprised if Colangelo was just joking. Not like it couldn't happen but I just won't read to much into an interaction like that.

I don't think any of us are. This is just something fresh to discuss. What-if topic.

Imagine our defensive lineup of:

Skip

Lee

Pietrus

Marion

Dwight

WOW.