Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Bad move by the Sixers, they will deflate when Dwight shows up for game 6...

This was a bad move on the part of the Sixers coach to go crying to the league officials by basicall asking them to suspend Dwight. To me it looks like a last resort tactic for a chance to win the series. He now has his players hoping that Dwight will not be able to play and mentally that is not how you want to get ready for a big playoff game. This will show when they come out flat and Dwight puts up his first 30/30 game in Philly. Dwight does not have a history of playing dirty so I don't think that the league will suspend him.

This was a bad move on the part of the Sixers coach to go crying to the league officials by basicall asking them to suspend Dwight. To me it looks like a last resort tactic for a chance to win the series. He now has his players hoping that Dwight will not be able to play and mentally that is not how you want to get ready for a big playoff game. This will show when they come out flat and Dwight puts up his first 30/30 game in Philly. Dwight does not have a history of playing dirty so I don't think that the league will suspend him.

came across this on espn.com true hoop.

quote:
sbarnes (4/29/2009 at 9:44 AM) Report Violation

Howard gets HACKED, PUSHED, DRAG DOWN, CLAWED IN THE EYE, by opponets EVERY NIGHT he plays a game, some fouls get called but many of them don't. Dwight throws a little baby elbow that barely connected (let's face it if it did Dalenbert would've been counting sheep) and now people are calling for a suspension, give me a break people. I just think that Philly coaches, players, and (some) fans are begining to whine because they SENSE the end is near.....

dude makes a good point

the commenting on 3 seconds is one thing, and I dont know that I liked that at all, I sort of built up a like for DiLeo until last night, I dont hate him, but I didn't think that was his game...

Outside of that, I dont believe DiLeo was "lobbying" to get Dwight suspended while talking to the media, he barely touched on it just explained what had happened. Contacting the league about the elbow (or any play of the sort) immediately is pretty much protocol now in the league, same with "bad calls" especially in the playoffs, I mean can you blame them? it's all about strategies and advantages...it's tough to say for certain now after hearing some comments from our guys last night, but I would think that had Dalembert/Evans/Ratliff done the same thing to Dwight that we would want to do the same thing and possibly gain some leverage there...maybe not though, keep gutting it out, it's THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Goukas made a solid statement last night in the post game, saying that no war of words between coaches has ever won or lost any games, ever...I wonder how true that is...

you honestly think so though, seriously? I don't...That Crab Dribble didn't go unnoticed, that set off a huge wave, he still does it, but he's known for it now, it's a moniker now for him by many, has memes named after it and people chant it from the roof tops now...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

the commenting on 3 seconds is one thing, and I dont know that I liked that at all, I sort of built up a like for DiLeo until last night, I dont hate him, but I didn't think that was his game...

Outside of that, I dont believe DiLeo was "lobbying" to get Dwight suspended while talking to the media, he barely touched on it just explained what had happened. Contacting the league about the elbow (or any play of the sort) immediately is pretty much protocol now in the league, same with "bad calls" especially in the playoffs, I mean can you blame them? it's all about strategies and advantages...it's tough to say for certain now after hearing some comments from our guys last night, but I would think that had Dalembert/Evans/Ratliff done the same thing to Dwight that we would want to do the same thing and possibly gain some leverage there...maybe not though, keep gutting it out, it's THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Goukas made a solid statement last night in the post game, saying that no war of words between coaches has ever won or lost any games, ever...I wonder how true that is...

I disagree. I think he was lobbying. I mean you're talking to the media here...anything that is said in a press conference that is even borderline drama will be taken and run with by the media. Coaches know this, so I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing in making that comment.

Also, we don't know for a fact that it's protocol when bad calls happen in a game for the team to contact the league. At least I don't hear that happening very often. I can tell you there were 15 unbelievably ridiculous calls against the magic yesterday and I bet they didn't file any complaint to the league.

Dwight has never had an incident before so I think the commish will take that into consideration. Lets also not forget that Dwight is the NBA's leader in All Star voting so this isn't exactly something the league would benefit from. Although we all know the elbow was intentional, the footage isn't 100% clear cut that it was done on purpose. Plus it's about time Dwight defended himself since the refs won't. Ater getting beat up every single night, not to mention Ratliff grabs him by the arm and almost body slams him but that is just called a personal foul....its all blulsiht.

holy **** it just goes to show how bad the officiating is when it comes to Dwight. Take a look at the video before the elbow is thrown and look at Dalembert. His body is fully leveraged and has both fore arms pushing Dwight in the lower back and no foul was called??????? Seriously check out the video and watch the entire play...its rediculous.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

I disagree. I think he was lobbying. I mean you're talking to the media here...anything that is said in a press conference that is even borderline drama will be taken and run with by the media. Coaches know this, so I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing in making that comment.

Also, we don't know for a fact that it's protocol when bad calls happen in a game for the team to contact the league. At least I don't hear that happening very often. I can tell you there were 15 unbelievably ridiculous calls against the magic yesterday and I bet they didn't file any complaint to the league.

DiLeo was asked about the elbow correct? he didnt instigate that, and he hardly expounded on it...

as for the calls...think Foyle tip in vs. Rockets last year, Orlando immediately horned the league on that one...they have to be seen as fairly egregious, but with the variance of interpretation, that could be a whole lot of stuff...