Sign in to follow this  
Mac Man

Change the match up on Defense

I have one question is Dwight the only guy on the team who can play 1 on 1 defense or defense at all. I honestly believe if Lee and J.J. are in the game at the same time one playin point guard we can play better defense. Alston does a great job offensively but in when Howard is not in the game they go after him in hedo 1st. It would make more since if we had some bigger body on Green and Miller. And please not Antony Johnson Stan.

I have one question is Dwight the only guy on the team who can play 1 on 1 defense or defense at all. I honestly believe if Lee and J.J. are in the game at the same time one playin point guard we can play better defense. Alston does a great job offensively but in when Howard is not in the game they go after him in hedo 1st. It would make more since if we had some bigger body on Green and Miller. And please not Antony Johnson Stan.

i think redick is out of this series for better or worse. AJ has done better than i thought this series. i am all for mixing up defensive assignments, but, there isnt much that can be done...except maybe taking turk completely out of the lineup at endgame because whoever he is guarding is getting the gamewinning bucket.

aside from better D, we need better offense in the first half.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

I think MP needs to be glued to AI for the Magic to get back into this series.

thats the easy answer, now, who do we put on thad?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

I think MP needs to be glued to AI for the Magic to get back into this series.

thats the easy answer, now, who do we put on thad?

Well unless we want to invent people that do not exist on this team, you have to throw different guys on who is hot. If Thad is hot, you put Shard on him for a bit. Yes, shard is not amazing at D, but he is long and you can see how he defends the SF slot for next year. You throw combos of Hedo and Shrd at him because last time I checked, that's all we have.

The main thing is keeping AI in check. If you do that, the 6ers are not nearly as good.