Sign in to follow this  
Hank Moody

Question

Question for everyone:

If you could place the blame on one person for this game who is the most at fault for this loss?

A)Hedo Turkoglu

B)Rashard Lewis

C)Stan Van Gundy

D)Eric Dampier

E)Magic Bench

If you answered C, and we dont get past the first round (highly unlikely) would you prefer a coaching change for next season?

Question for everyone:

If you could place the blame on one person for this game who is the most at fault for this loss?

A)Hedo Turkoglu

B)Rashard Lewis

C)Stan Van Gundy

D)Eric Dampier

E)Magic Bench

If you answered C, and we dont get past the first round (highly unlikely) would you prefer a coaching change for next season?

im going to answer in order

E

A

C

B

D

The magic bench gave up a bunch of points and did not score any

Hedo was part of the lineup that gave up the 18 pt lead and he missed the game winner. The ball is always in hi hands

SVG should redo this lineup

shard didnt have a great game but it's not something we cant overcome. hasn't played in a while either

eric dampier just sucks.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

Question for everyone:

A)Hedo Turkoglu

B)Rashard Lewis

C)Stan Van Gundy

D)Eric Dampier

E)Magic Bench

A coaching change? Are you serious..... our shooters were off, they wont be for the entire post season.

It was game 1 after a very successful season of which our all-star PG missed half, remind me why Stan is even an issue?!

Question SVG's lineup and sub pattern while the lead was being sqandered away.

Also its all Jameers fault for being hurt and not being able to play. Joking aside, not having him in there to lead, go to, and finish is going to really hurt I'm afraid.

Answer:

There is plenty of blame to go around. Everybody except Dwight should be taking a good, long, hard look in the mirror. Lee played brilliantly in the 2nd/3rd quarter, not so brilliantly the other 18 mins.

Coaching change?

No, but if this team fails to reach the ECF given the golden opportunity in front of them, it's time for Otis & SVG to admit this small ball thang ain't gonna get it done, & adjust.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

No, but if this team fails to reach the ECF given the golden opportunity in front of them, it's time for Otis & SVG to admit this small ball thang ain't gonna get it done, & adjust.

This is the 4th game I can remember in the last 30-45 days where Rashard Lewis' man grabbed an offensive rebound in the last few seconds that changed the outcome of the game. This is also the 3rd time I can remember during that same span where Hedo Turkoglu was guarding the guy that hit the game winning shot.

Small ball is great when it wins you 55+ games, but it's tough to swallow when the losses occur.

My point - Hollinger's stats make a big deal out of win differential (7.3ppg) where the Magic rank in the top 3 in the league. But look at our loss differential of 9.2ppg, and it tells the full story. When our shots are falling, we win big. When they're not, we lose bigger.

I agree with KITNO and Smack. Guys, nothing matters until the playoffs. And in the playoffs, the game slows considerably, gets much tougher, and isolation plays in 4th quarters increase. This team needs better toughness and better isolation, wing play. And I am not willing to call out just one guy. Many, many Magic players lack in these categories: Turk (sporadic), Lewis, MP (hot or cold), Redick, and even Gortat (at times).

Here's another question: Are the tougher guys, Howard, Alston, Lee, AJ and Battie, upset with SVG? I would guess, no.

Lastly, that Kebo trade is looking silly and pointless now. Not that he hung the moon but at least he would play physical defense at the 2 or 3 much better than Turk.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

This is the 4th game I can remember in the last 30-45 days where Rashard Lewis' man grabbed an offensive rebound in the last few seconds that changed the outcome of the game. This is also the 3rd time I can remember during that same span where Hedo Turkoglu was guarding the guy that hit the game winning shot.

Small ball is great when it wins you 55+ games, but it's tough to swallow when the losses occur.

My point - Hollinger's stats make a big deal out of win differential (7.3ppg) where the Magic rank in the top 3 in the league. But look at our loss differential of 9.2ppg, and it tells the full story. When our shots are falling, we win big. When they're not, we lose bigger.

I forget who took the shot leading to Donyell's three, but it was so ill-advised and so painfully off that their guy (Miller, I believe) caught it along the baseline. There was nothing our guys could do, in fact most, if not all, were positioned under the basket ready to pull the rebound down.

When you've got such a porous shooting team like Philly taking these shots throughout the span of an entire game, you're going to have loose balls flying at seemingly every direction.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I forget who took the shot leading to Donyell's three, but it was so ill-advised and so painfully off that their guy (Miller, I believe) caught it along the baseline. There was nothing our guys could do, in fact most, if not all, were positioned under the basket ready to pull the rebound down.

When you've got such a porous shooting team like Philly taking these shots throughout the span of an entire game, you're going to have loose balls flying at seemingly every direction.

Are you talking about the game tying three? Thaddeus Young grabbed that board over Shard then the ball was kicked out to Marshall. What I want to know is who was asigned to guard Marshall? He didn't have a defender within 20 feet of him. Shard rushed out and closed quickly from the paint but was too late.

And if you know that your opponent is forced to take jump shots, because our entire defensive scheme is to keep points in the pain from occuring, then I think your game plan should account for long rebounds.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Are you talking about the game tying three? Thaddeus Young grabbed that board over Shard then the ball was kicked out to Marshall. What I want to know is who was asigned to guard Marshall? He didn't have a defender within 20 feet of him. Shard rushed out and closed quickly from the paint but was too late.

And if you know that your opponent is forced to take jump shots, because our entire defensive scheme is to keep points in the pain from occuring, then I think your game plan should account for long rebounds.

Hedo was. Why would he leave Marshall who is not mobile and is nothing more than a spot up 3 point shooter now? I don't know, if you figure that one out please help me with it because I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. After someone figures that one out please help me with why the rest of the team doesn't get in Hedo's face every time he picks another player to point the finger at when he loses his man.

By Hedo's account he's never been responsible for a single player on the floor.

quote:

What I want to know is who was asigned to guard Marshall? He didn't have a defender within 20 feet of him. Shard rushed out and closed quickly from the paint but was too late.

I haven't the slightest clue. You figure they'd guard their lone perimeter threat, but I suppose they expected Iggy to drive to the paint, I know I did.

Either way, what I'm trying to say is that Philly played better. Looking back, I have no clue how we lead by 18 when Philly shot over 50% for the course of the entire game while we shot less than 50%. Looking at the 4th quarter rebounding, Philly only out-boarded us 11-10. Taking into account how poor a shooting team Philly is, when you factor in that they shot 51% from the field and 58% from 3pt range, while we shot 28% from three, this loss doesn't bother me in the least.