Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

2009 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

WAY to go bulls. Derrick Rose was an absolute beast, and keeping in mind Chicago plays way better at home...I'm not counting out an Orlando/Chicago 2nd round, with HOME court Advantage!

Awesome game - I managed to catch all of overtime. Great individual performances by Rose, Rondo, and Ray Allen. (Just kidding on that last one, seeing if you're paying attention... Allen shot a miserable 1-12 and missing a potentially game-tying 2 at the end of OT that was contested pretty well.) I still think Boston will pull this one out, but the longer it goes on the more exciting it will be to watch, and the better for the Magic!

It's not gonna happen. BUT. Who would YOU all like to see win this first game, Detroit or Cleveland? I'm kinda torn, I hate detroit, but I wouldn't mind them beating Cleveland and bringing Cleveland back down to earth, and just generally wear them down...

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

I just want to see Detroit get killed so they lose thier ****iness.

we match up well against Cleveland and the games would be better.

Right, and there's no way Detroit will win this or would win the 2nd round...I'm just sick of hearing about how holier than thou Cleveland is, an upset loss in the 1st round might shut up the canaries at ESPN for like....an hour, but that would be a beautiful hour...

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

quote:

Right, and there's no way Detroit will win this or would win the 2nd round...I'm just sick of hearing about how holier than thou Cleveland is, an upset loss in the 1st round might shut up the canaries at ESPN for like....an hour, but that would be a beautiful hour...

Trust me they wouldn't shut up...

the only way that's going to happen is when we beat Clevelands BUTT.

If the NBA allows that...LOL

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

quote:

Trust me they wouldn't shut up...

the only way that's going to happen is when we beat Clevelands BUTT.

If the NBA allows that...LOL

True.

I have to revise my predictions - I didn't know Garnett was out for the season.

Magic can beat Philly without Jameer - I don't see it being a sweep though - 5 games is my prediction with an outside chance of it being 6 games. I would be surprised if we sweep them, but I do think we win 4-1.

Second round, I think we face Boston, even though the Bulls are ahead in the series I think Boston will win. With Garnett out I think we win in 6 games. They need Garnett just like we need Jameer.

If Chicago somehow wins and I don't see it the Magic sweep Chicago or win in 5 games - if Chicago were the Magic's first round opponent the Magic would win in 4.

Against Cleveland, we don't have enough fire power, with Jameer out the only guy you have to seriously consider double teaming is Dwight. What that means is that teams can keep a guy on Hedo and Lewis all game long and make it tougher for those guys to score. We need Jameer to beat Cleveland - Jameer is another guy that can light you up and if he starts taking over you need to double team him then that makes it tough on the opponent because there are two guys you need to double team setting up either Lewis or Hedo and when they get easy shots you have to cover them and Jameer or Dwight lights you up.

We do play decent against Cleveland so I wouldn't rule us out. Rafer is decent and our season has been saved with him on our team, but he doesn't bring the offensive problems to the other team that Jameer does. Rafer is good, but he does not force the other team to consider double teaming him.

We lose to Cleveland in 6 games with a chance of it going 5 or 7.

If Garnett were playing then I would say the Magic lose to Boston in 5, but with Garnett out, the Magic win in 6.