Sign in to follow this  
Nessloch

1st Round Opponent - 2 possibilities - 1 day

I dont see why Lebron would play the last game. I think philly could win that game. Cavs should have home court vs lakers locked up by their last game.

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

I dont see why Lebron would play the last game. I think philly could win that game. Cavs should have home court vs lakers locked up by their last game.

Cavs have to play at Indiana tommorrow...a tough road game...they might lost to Boston today...who knows.

Lakers have two easy home games left...not sure who owns the tie-breaker between the Cavs and Lakers.

Should be interesting...

Seeds 5-8:

5. Miami 41-38

6. Philadelphia 40-39

7. Chicago 40-40

8. Detroit 39-41

Miami Heat 41-38 (26-23 conference) (2-2 vs. PHI) (3-1 vs. CHI) (2-1 vs. DET)

4/10 @ Boston (L)

4/12 New York

4/14 @ Atlanta

4/15 Detroit

Philadelphia 76ers 40-39 (24-25 conference) (2-2 vs. MIA) (2-2 vs. CHI) (2-1 vs. DET)

4/9 @ Chicago (L)

4/10 Cleveland (L)

4/12 @ Toronto

4/14 Boston

4/15 @ Cleveland

Chicago Bulls 40-40 (23-27 conference) (2-1 vs. DET) (2-2 vs. PHI) (1-3 vs. MIA)

4/9 Philadelphia (W)

4/11 Charlotte (W)

4/13 @ Detroit

4/15 Toronto

Detroit Pistons 39-41 (26-24 conference) (1-2 vs. CHI) (1-2 vs. PHI) (1-2 vs. MIA)

4/8 @ New York (W)

4/10 New Jersey (W)

4/11 @ Indiana (L)

4/13 Chicago

4/15 @ Miami

I believe if Philly wins today against TOR, it would not be possible for us to face DET. This would give MIA and PHI both 41 wins with 2 games remaining and DET 39 wins, however both teams own tie breakers over DET winning the season series 2-1.

IF DET wins against CHI tommorrow there is a good chance they will be the 7th seed as the season series would be 2-2, however DET would hold the better conf recored as both teams would be 8-8 in the division.

GO PHILLY!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

I believe if Philly wins today against TOR, it would not be possible for us to face DET. This would give MIA and PHI both 41 wins with 2 games remaining and DET 39 wins, however both teams own tie breakers over DET winning the season series 2-1.

IF DET wins against CHI tommorrow there is a good chance they will be the 7th seed as the season series would be 2-2, however DET would hold the better conf recored as both teams would be 8-8 in the division.

GO PHILLY!!!!

Both Philadelphia and Miami have to win today to guarantee we'll avoid Detroit. A Philly win today is much more important because of their schedule - I don't think we have to worry about Miami.

BUT Miami and Detroit play on the last day of the regular season, so Detroit would have a chance to tie up the season series AND take the conference record lead if Miami loses their remaining games.

Probably nothing to worry about, but stranger things have happened.

Miami wins which pretty solidifies the 5th seed for them...ptetty much means they'll probably rest D. Wade for their game with the Pistons on Wednesday since the game won't matter to them.

Philly loses...with two games left Tuesday night's game against the Celtics will be huge...they'll be at home...I heard the announcers talking about today that the Cavs will be going for some kind of homecourt record on Wednesday so Philly will have a hard time winning that game.

The Pistons are at home tommorrow night in a huge game against the Bulls...Bulls are great at home...but terrible on the road!

What does all that mean...? We are one step closer to drawing the Pistons in the 1st round.

I've changed my opinion...I agree with Dwight...BRING ON THE PISTONS!!!

i'm kinda torn on who i want us to face...on one hand, i def. think if we can't beat detroit then we have no business being champs. And if we do beat detroit (which i am confident about) then i think that may give this team the mental and emotional momentum to beat the celtics. But there is another part of me that thinks man, of all the teams we still draw the pistons..ugh

Heat are locked in with 1st round series with Hawks.

God, I do not want to play the Pistons.

Go Bulls!! Go Sixers!!

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Heat are locked in with 1st round series with Hawks.

God, I do not want to play the Pistons.

Go Bulls!! Go Sixers!!

Ha-Ha...at least it gives us something to entertain us until the playoffs start.

Some of these games that are meaningless are hard to watch...

Seeds 6-8:

6. Philadelphia 40-40

7. Chicago 40-40

8. Detroit 39-41

Philadelphia 76ers 40-40 (24-26 conference) (2-2 vs. CHI) (2-1 vs. DET)

4/9 @ Chicago (L)

4/10 Cleveland (L)

4/12 @ Toronto (L)

4/14 Boston

4/15 @ Cleveland

Chicago Bulls 40-40 (23-27 conference) (2-1 vs. DET) (2-2 vs. PHI)

4/9 Philadelphia (W)

4/11 Charlotte (W)

4/13 @ Detroit

4/15 Toronto

Detroit Pistons 39-41 (26-24 conference) (1-2 vs. CHI) (1-2 vs. PHI)

4/8 @ New York (W)

4/10 New Jersey (W)

4/11 @ Indiana (L)

4/13 Chicago

4/15 @ Miami

Three more nights, guys. We may not know until April 15th.

can anyone tell me when the playoffs will likely start.

im trying to plan something for myself and some friends but i would like to have an idea of how soon playoffs start after the regular season ends

So...let's get this straight.

The Sixers and Bulls head to head is knotted at 2-2.

Sixers over Pistons 2-1.

Bulls currently own series with Pistons, 2-1. BIG game on Monday night!

Conference record, still to be had. Chicago: 23-27 ; Philadelphia: 24-26 ; Detroit: 26-24. All three teams have 2 remaining games in conference.

The next tiebreaker is Winning Percentage against Playoff Teams in the East. I currently feel motivated enough to figure this out. Don't get used to this kind of treatment. teehee.

PHILADELPHIA:

Cleveland: 0-3 (1 remaining vs. Cleveland)

Boston: 0-3 (1 remaining vs. Boston)

Orlando: 0-3

Atlanta: 2-1

Miami: 2-2

Chicago: 2-2

Detroit: 2-1

8-15 = .533

CHICAGO:

Cleveland: 1-3

Boston: 1-2

Orlando: 1-3

Atlanta: 0-3

Miami: 1-3

Philadelphia: 2-2

Detroit: 2-1 (1 remaining vs. Detroit)

8-17 = .471

DETROIT:

Cleveland: 1-3

Boston: 1-3

Orlando: 3-0

Atlanta: 0-3

Miami: 1-2 (1 remaining vs. Miami)

Philadelphia: 1-2

Chicago: 1-2 (1 remaining vs. Chicago)

8-15 = .533

I was gonna go through and type out what it takes for each team to be the Magic's opponent, but it's just too complicated. This race is so tight, it's ridiculous.

Let's just put it this way. Go Sixers. If they win both games, they will be the 6 seed.

It seems like they'll beat Boston, but you gotta wonder how hard Cleveland will play. Will the Cavs have clinched best overall record on Monday vs. Indiana? If so, will they try to tie the all-time best home record? Or rest their players in preparation for next weekend?

I know our Boys in Blue play tomorrow night, but during commercials and half time, I recommend Bulls-Pistons on NBATV at 7:30.

What a final 3 days this will be!!!