Sign in to follow this  
Nessloch

1st Round Opponent - 2 possibilities - 1 day

We may end up with the Pistons the way is shaking out, but why we would WANT our worst matchup out of the four is beyond me. I'm not looking at the playoffs as the place to prove ourselves by beating the one team that has owned us in the playoffs.

I'm looking at the playoffs as the place to probe ourselves by advancing as far as we can go. If we can get by Philadelphia, then face the heat in the second round, Chicago in the conference finals and meet Dallas is the finals because all the big guys got upset, I would not mind it at all.

When people remember champions, calling out the list of victims is rarely what comes to mind.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

We may end up with the Pistons the way is shaking out, but why we would WANT our worst matchup out of the four is beyond me. I'm not looking at the playoffs as the place to prove ourselves by beating the one team that has owned us in the playoffs.

I'm looking at the playoffs as the place to probe ourselves by advancing as far as we can go. If we can get by Philadelphia, then face the heat in the second round, Chicago in the conference finals and meet Dallas is the finals because all the big guys got upset, I would not mind it at all.

When people remember champions, calling out the list of victims is rarely what comes to mind.

true

you know someone once said that the team that wins the title in a sport isnt always the best team. personally i've never heard a dumber comment in my life. if we win the nba championship we are the best team regardless of if we play detroit or not in the first round.

I want no part of Detroit or Miami. Facing Wade in the first round? Thanks but no thanks! I like how we match up against the Sixers the best, lets hope for them.

Well, my bitterness with our last two efforts has subsided. Let's hope Indiana can knock off Detroit tonight and give Philly and Chicago some breathing room.

Granger has been phenomenal lately and Indiana is fairly solid at home. I predict it comes down to the wire.

"Granger has averaged 29.0 points in his last 11 starts and scored 30-plus points in five of the last seven. He scored a career-high 42 in a Dec. 12 loss in Detroit and has averaged 33.0 points in the season's three meetings.

The Pacers, winners of four of their last five home games, are 17-6 at Conseco Fieldhouse since Jan. 3."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/...iew?gameId=290411011

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Now that getting the 2nd seed is pretty much over I think I now "WANT" the Pistons in the first round...I think we need to get over that hump and it'll better prepare us for the physical style of play that Boston will bring...in the playoffs, the defensive intensity gets wratched up more than a couple notches...Detroit will prepare us for the animal that is the Celtics.

That is "IF" we get by the Pistons and "IF" we end up playing them...

My thoughts are similar. But part of it is because I'm so mad at our effort that I just want to see how we react against a team that has owned us. We may deserve it, at this point. Besides, if we still can't beat Detroit, we probably don't deserve to make it to any further than the 2nd round.

Everybody that follows this team knows our habits...we seem to focus much better when we know the competition is stronger...Philly is missing a key player...we would probably go into a series with them thinking we got this...especially if anybody on our team surfs the internet and reads how everybody thinks we'll sweep the Sixers.

Point being, I don't think we'd have any trouble getting motivated or focused to play Detroit...like we're having this problem right now.

I want the Pistons...

Note to readers:I'm a pistons fan. I think you guys are slightly over worried about us. Yes, we've had your number the past few seasons, but imo this year is a different year, and I think you guys would beat us 4-2 or 4-3. I kind of want the Pistons to face the Celtics, to wear them out for you guys at the very least. I know we can take a couple games from them. I honestly don't see us playing u guys though, I'm pretty sure Philly owns the tiebreaker with us, so we would have to win out (unlikely) and they would have to choke and lose two games. (also unlikely)

I thought Detroit losing last night meant we were garunteed of not seeing them in the 1st round...until I checked.

Detroit is 1 game behind the Bulls and 2 games behind Philly.

BUT...

The Pistons play the Bulls tommorrow, "AT HOME".

Philly has 3 tough games remaining beginning with tonight's game in Toronto...then they play Boston and Cleveland.

Here's the kicker...the Pistons, OWN THE TIE-BREAKER AGAINST EITHER TEAM...

All they have to do is be tied with them.

I'm predicting a Magic/Pistons 1st round match-up again...

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

pistons do not hold the tie breaker vs either team. philly is 2-1 vs detroit thus owning the tie breaker.

If they beat the Bulls tommorrow the Pistons will be tied with them...the season series would be tied(pretty sure)...the Pistons have a better conference record thus giving them the nod.

You're right about Philly...but, they could easily lose their last 3 games...tonight at Toronto...and then they play Boston and the Cavs...while the only games Detroit has left is tommorrow at home to the Bulls and then a road game at Miami which most likely won't mean anything to the Heat and they'll probably shut down D-Wade...

Anybody correct me if I'm wrong...