Sign in to follow this  
Nessloch

1st Round Opponent - 2 possibilities - 1 day

Bring on Detroit!

Id rather beat them in a 6-7 game series and finally get that monkey off our backs than sweep Philly with tons of rest and lack of focus going into round 2.

And we would get mega respect.

No. If we beat Detroit in 6 or 7 games it will drain the Magic and make it much tougher to get past Cleveland and Boston.

I think beating Detroit would be a huge plus for our mentality and though it might drain us physically, it would super charge us in the confidence department. It's harder to imagine us going all the way and being the best when we know there's that one team out there that can beat us like a red headed step child.

I think if we beat Detroit, we can look in the mirror and say, "Hey, we really are the cats pajamas, and we're going to win the O'Brien Trophy, because there's nobody we can't beat."

MY3CATS499x377.jpg

I wish we could just play Detroit and win in no more than 5. That would be definitely great.

I just can't see how this team continues to struggle against Detroit. I know they have strengths that work against the Magic, but there's a reason they're losing many games. Is it really that hard? Is the Magic really uncapable of making the needed adjustments?

Seeds 5-8:

5. Miami 41-37

6. Philadelphia 40-38

7. Chicago 39-40

8. Detroit 38-40

Miami Heat 41-37 (26-22 conference) (2-2 vs. PHI) (3-1 vs. CHI) (2-1 vs. DET)

4/10 @ Boston

4/12 New York

4/14 @ Atlanta

4/15 Detroit

Philadelphia 76ers 40-38 (24-24 conference) (2-2 vs. MIA) (2-2 vs. CHI) (2-1 vs. DET)

4/9 @ Chicago (L)

4/10 Cleveland

4/12 @ Toronto

4/14 Boston

4/15 @ Cleveland

Chicago Bulls 39-40 (22-27 conference) (2-1 vs. DET) (2-2 vs. PHI) (1-3 vs. MIA)

4/9 Philadelphia (W)

4/11 Charlotte

4/13 @ Detroit

4/15 Toronto

Detroit Pistons 38-40 (25-23 conference) (1-2 vs. CHI) (1-2 vs. PHI) (1-2 vs. MIA)

4/8 @ New York (W)

4/10 New Jersey

4/11 @ Indiana

4/13 Chicago

4/15 @ Miami

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

Chicago Bulls 39-40 (22-27 conference) (2-1 vs. DET) (2-2 vs. PHI) (1-3 vs. MIA)

4/9 Philadelphia (W)

4/11 Charlotte

4/13 @ Detroit

4/15 Toronto

Detroit Pistons 38-40 (25-23 conference) (1-2 vs. CHI) (1-2 vs. PHI) (1-2 vs. MIA)

4/8 @ New York (W)

4/10 New Jersey

4/11 @ Indiana

4/13 Chicago

4/15 @ Miami

This is NOT homerism. BUT:

I think the Pistons will finish 2-2. They'll start off 2-0 with wins over the lowly Nets and Pacers. Then they'll lose a thriller against Chicago on Monday. They will then travel to Miami and get blown out by 17 points.

The Bulls, in the mean time, will go 3-0. I worried about the Philly game, but they took care of business. Now their only tough game is at Detroit. As stated above, I think they'll win that one in a great game. They'll take care of business against the Cats and Raps.

Magic will, of course, over take Boston for that 2nd seed simply because of Boston's tough schedule and the Magic's easy schedule.

2 Magic vs. 7 Bulls in the First Round of the 2009 NBA Playoffs. Book it!

Detroit go to 7 and play Boston at 2.

Orlando at 3 and play Philly.

Detroit brings Boston to game 7...and Orlando sweep Philly and got plenty of rest.

Rasheed take down Gernett along the way.....

Orlando face Boston in Boston...

Is that a good scenario?

either the cavs or celtics are going to have their hands full with the pistons imo. i know detroit hasnt played played well this year but when they are motivated and firing on all cylinders(like they typically do against us) they could take that 1vs8 or 2vs7 matchup to 6 or 7 games.

if thadeus young is out for the playoffs i want philly but if not give me chicago. they are capable of shooting lights out like we saw last time we played them but then again how often do they really shoot like that? not very. i say we would win either one of those matchups in 5 tops

Seeds 5-8:

5. Miami 41-38

6. Philadelphia 40-39

7. Chicago 39-40

8. Detroit 39-40

Miami Heat 41-38 (26-23 conference) (2-2 vs. PHI) (3-1 vs. CHI) (2-1 vs. DET)

4/10 @ Boston (L)

4/12 New York

4/14 @ Atlanta

4/15 Detroit

Philadelphia 76ers 40-39 (24-25 conference) (2-2 vs. MIA) (2-2 vs. CHI) (2-1 vs. DET)

4/9 @ Chicago (L)

4/10 Cleveland (L)

4/12 @ Toronto

4/14 Boston

4/15 @ Cleveland

4/9 Philadelphia (W)

4/11 Charlotte

4/13 @ Detroit

4/15 Toronto

Detroit Pistons 39-40 (26-23 conference) (1-2 vs. CHI) (1-2 vs. PHI) (1-2 vs. MIA)

4/8 @ New York (W)

4/10 New Jersey (W)

4/11 @ Indiana

4/13 Chicago

4/15 @ Miami

Now that getting the 2nd seed is pretty much over I think I now "WANT" the Pistons in the first round...I think we need to get over that hump and it'll better prepare us for the physical style of play that Boston will bring...in the playoffs, the defensive intensity gets wratched up more than a couple notches...Detroit will prepare us for the animal that is the Celtics.

That is "IF" we get by the Pistons and "IF" we end up playing them...

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Now that getting the 2nd seed is pretty much over I think I now "WANT" the Pistons in the first round...I think we need to get over that hump and it'll better prepare us for the physical style of play that Boston will bring...in the playoffs, the defensive intensity gets wratched up more than a couple notches...Detroit will prepare us for the animal that is the Celtics.

That is "IF" we get by the Pistons and "IF" we end up playing them...

My thoughts are similar. But part of it is because I'm so mad at our effort that I just want to see how we react against a team that has owned us. We may deserve it, at this point. Besides, if we still can't beat Detroit, we probably don't deserve to make it to any further than the 2nd round.

I wanted the Pistons when I thought we didn't have a chance of getting past Cleveland and Boston just so that getting out of the first round would mean something. Now I think we have that chance, albeit slight. Therefore the Pistons are an obstacle we don't need.