Sign in to follow this  
Mr Charisma

Open Letter to Magic Media

It takes guts to come back from a serious sickness and participate in a championship run. That's why he deserves it.

They could have cut down on the number of people speaking. I guess nobody knew the length of Alonzo's speech.

I had to chime in on this one.

I am a fan of both the HEAT and the Magic. (You can start throwing rocks at me now)

I was born and raised in Miami and have lived in Orlando for the past 8 years but my love of the Magic goes back to when they drafted one of my favorite players of all time, Penny Hardaway.

Whether Zo's dedication was 24 or 42 minutes he deserved it. Yes, Zo screamed and yelled after a lot of plays. That is what made him great.

In the day and age of T-Mac style quotes about wanting to quit or "not caring", it was a pleasure to see someone be as psyched for a pre-season game as Game 6 of the 2006 Finals in Dallas.

Yes, I know most Magic fans have no love for Zo. But take a step back and realize the energy and passion he brought to the game in addition to all the great work that he has done and continues to do for the South Florida community.

Don't believe me? There are two guys sitting on the Magic bench that will testify to how great Zo was.

One day, they will lift #12 in the rafters of the O-Rena, Vol II. And will anyone even care how long the ceremony is? Probably not.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

Speaking of Alonzo freaking out about rebounds, dunks, or blocked shots...how about all the times he's been posterized by Vince Carter? They should put a Carter jersey in the stands for all the wonderful dunks he let the Miami Heat see. Vince > Alonzo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7hhxkh4oOs

maybe they should just put vince's nuts on the chest of the jersey

LOL. That's a winner !!

quote:
Originally posted by jrc407:

I am a fan of both the HEAT and the Magic. (You can start throwing rocks at me now)

No, we just stand here stunned at you being a universal anomaly, is all. =P