Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

FINALLY...NO SMILES!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Sportsmanship doesn't win championships.

lol...how profound. It doesn't lose them either now does it? This is just another thing for fans that watch too much espn to ***** about after a loss. It really doesn't matter, but whatever i'm not going to argue about something this stupid.

If you take losses personally then you tend to play harder to prevent them from happening. While a 'oh well' attitude doesn't contribute directly to losses, it certainly doesn't help.

quote:

quote:

lol...how profound. It doesn't lose them either now does it? This is just another thing for fans that watch too much espn to ***** about after a loss. It really doesn't matter, but whatever i'm not going to argue about something this stupid.

You're one of those guys who thinks they shouldn't keep score in Little League aren't you?

someone answer me how high-fiving the other team before and after the game or cracking a joke on the bench is going to lead to a loss? Similarly, how is acting like you're at a wake during a loss going to lead to more wins? There is no logic AT ALL to this line of thinking. It baffles me that some of you can think like this.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

I wouldn't expect that from Rafer on a nightly basis, for some reason that guy just owns us. You guys just so happened to acquire 2 cavs killers in him and Lue. Yes, Tyronne Lue is a cavs killer, it is sad I know.

i also wouldn't expect our big 3 to struggle offensively the way they did in this game. Overall, the loss to cleveland is actually encouraging. Almost our entire team (rafer and lee excluded) had a bad night offensively, there were a few calls that didn't go our way, lbj had an insane game and we were playing in a very difficult place...and we loss by 4 pts and actually had a lead in the final minute.

if we meet the cavs in the playoffs, it's going 6 and we're winning. We will then celebrate my mixing whiskey with david stern's tears.

I don't want my team to ACT like they are pissed off I want them to actually get pissed off. If you are a competitor then you don't like to lose. Plain and simple. Some guys don't mind losing as long as they are getting paid, probably about 95% of pro athletes. The great ones like Jordan, Bird, Magic don't like to lose in a game of paper rock scissors. So if you want your players to be giggling and telling jokes after a nail biting loss then you want a team that doesn't really mind losing. Not Champions

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

I don't want my team to ACT like they are pissed off I want them to actually get pissed off. If you are a competitor then you don't like to lose. Plain and simple. Some guys don't mind losing as long as they are getting paid, probably about 95% of pro athletes. The great ones like Jordan, Bird, Magic don't like to lose in a game of paper rock scissors. So if you want your players to be giggling and telling jokes after a nail biting loss then you want a team that doesn't really mind losing. Not Champions

everything about this post is wrong

just because they crack jokes and shake hands doesn't mean they don't mind losing. Once again...no logic at all.

if you actually think that 95% of pro athletes don't care about winning in losing, then you're a very cynical person. There are some that just want to get paid, but the vast majority of them are trying to win.

quote:

Your right, there is nothing funnier than failure.

I got a new slogan for young atheletes all over the world..

LAUGH WHEN YOU LOSE!!!!!

let me ask you a question...if you have a bad day during your job at mcdonalds, maybe the burgers keep sticking to the grill or something. Do you sit and pout and ***** and moan and cry? or do you try to lighten the mood by joking with your fellow burger flippers?

does joking make you a bad burger flipper?

your logic is on the level of a 3rd grader...there is no correlation between a team laughing and them losing. Especially since the team you're crying about is one of the best in the league. I guess the laughing and hand shaking must be working for them.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

If you take losses personally then you tend to play harder to prevent them from happening. While a 'oh well' attitude doesn't contribute directly to losses, it certainly doesn't help.

I think this is exactly right. There's nothing wrong with sportsmanship, but the truly elite teams aren't satisfied when they lose. It sticks in their craw. I think this is part of what makes Greg Popovich a great coach, and guys like Jordan and Kobe killers in the clutch. It's supreme confidence in their ability, and it's the competitiveness, the fear if you will, of not being the best man on the floor on any given night.

You shouldn't be cool with whatever happens at the upper echelon of a given profession. If every game isn't at least a baby step towards being the best... why are you bothering, with the exception of just doing your job and trying to get a paycheck? Getting paid and winning is all professional sports is about, after all.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

I wouldn't expect that from Rafer on a nightly basis, for some reason that guy just owns us. You guys just so happened to acquire 2 cavs killers in him and Lue. Yes, Tyronne Lue is a cavs killer, it is sad I know.

Don't worry, we have Jannero Pargo on our Killer resume, and he's not even in the league anymore.

quote:

quote:

Your right, there is nothing funnier than failure.

I got a new slogan for young atheletes all over the world..

LAUGH WHEN YOU LOSE!!!!!

let me ask you a question...if you have a bad day during your job at mcdonalds, maybe the burgers keep sticking to the grill or something. Do you sit and pout and ***** and moan and cry? or do you try to lighten the mood by joking with your fellow burger flippers?

does joking make you a bad burger flipper?

your logic is on the level of a 3rd grader...there is no correlation between a team laughing and them losing. Especially since the team you're crying about is one of the best in the league. I guess the laughing and hand shaking must be working for them.

technically your analogy doesn't work because those other burger flippers are on the same 'team' as you