Sign in to follow this  
Natesroom

Faith and Family Night?

Did anyone go the game on Friday and Stay for the concert? I thought it was pretty cool.. I forgot to post and say i was going to that game.

I was wondering what the rest of you guys thought?

Did anyone go the game on Friday and Stay for the concert? I thought it was pretty cool.. I forgot to post and say i was going to that game.

I was wondering what the rest of you guys thought?

I was there! The game was awesome and I love Shane & Shane. I have seen them many, many times. I love Monk & Neagle, so it was weird only to see Trent Monk. I thought that he was good and reminded me of a mix between Gavin DeGraw and John Mayer.

I wasn't so down with the chick who sang or the chaplain. I guess we have different theological beliefs...but that's cool.

I was wondering what it would take to be the chaplain for the Magic? What do they do? Do they get to travel with the team? That would be an awesome job!

yeah he seemed a little baptist/pentacostal... but over all not a bad host though... he seemed pretty excited, lol.

I'd love to be the chaplain for the team especially since i'm working on being ordained in my denomination.

I liked trent, he did remind me of John Mayer and one of his songs actually shoplifted part of "your body is a wonderland" its in the same key and the first few measures are the same then he changes it up a little..

Shane and Shane, i wish they did a few more songs that were more common and lees originals though the last song was awesome.

Nathan, what denomination, if I may ask?

I too would relish the opportunity to be the Magic chaplain. Wonder if my working towards military chaplaincy would give me a leg up?

I'm with the C&MA (Christian & Missionary Alliance)

If your not sure oabout them or never heard about them check out they're website. The denomination has been around 100+ years and heavily dedicated to missions..

U?

I am a frustrated LC-MS Lutheran (frustrated not because of the doctrine, but because of the staunch German mentality of the whole group. They de-emphasize missions, are stuck on tradition, and the organization as a whole is deeply flawed in terms of how they treat their workers. Unfortunately, they maintain the best doctrine that I've ever encountered.)

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

yeah he seemed a little baptist/pentacostal...

C'mon Nathan. First rule is you have to spell the denominations correctly. It's Pentecostal.

If it makes it easier, just call us Holy Rollers. Everyone knows what that is.

LOL.

I was at the game, but I didn't stay for the concert. I am in my 50's, so the music style is a tad young for me, but I think it is awesome that they have these kinds of events. And it sounds like it was enjoyed, so that's great !!

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

I am a frustrated LC-MS Lutheran (frustrated not because of the doctrine, but because of the staunch German mentality of the whole group. They de-emphasize missions, are stuck on tradition, and the organization as a whole is deeply flawed in terms of how they treat their workers. Unfortunately, they maintain the best doctrine that I've ever encountered.)

Hey Rev...if you lived in Orlando i'd invite you to my church...i believe you would fall right in line doctrinally and probably enjoy the fact they emphasis missions whether abroad or at home.

I'll be honest with you Nathan...never heard of that denomination. Where is your church?

I am a youth pastor at a non-denominational church. It is good times. I love ministry life.