Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Alston Trade Puts Magic Among East's Elite

Hey everybody,

Check out my new story on the Alston trade:

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/..._trade_02202009.html

I stayed late after the cameras went off with a few media members and Otis and when he said that first quote (in the article) I had to laugh.

I'm a big fan of this trade. I covered the Rockets-Jazz series last year for NBA.com and being close to that whole enviornment I can't even tell you how much of a difference having Alston in their lineup -- even at 70-80 percent -- meant to that Rockets team. Those first few games with Bobby Jackson running the show were rough. I really think he'll be the boost this team needs right now.

We're working on a video so you can watch some of that press conference. Should be up on Orlandomagic.com in tab 2 in about an hour if you want to watch it. It will be the second bullet point right next to Read More when it's up.

Hey everybody,

I stayed late after the cameras went off with a few media members and Otis and when he said that first quote (in the article) I had to laugh.

I'm a big fan of this trade. I covered the Rockets-Jazz series last year for NBA.com and being close to that whole enviornment I can't even tell you how much of a difference having Alston in their lineup -- even at 70-80 percent -- meant to that Rockets team. Those first few games with Bobby Jackson running the show were rough. I really think he'll be the boost this team needs right now.

We're working on a video so you can watch some of that press conference. Should be up on Orlandomagic.com in tab 2 in about an hour if you want to watch it. It will be the second bullet point right next to Read More when it's up.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Savage:

Hey everybody,

thanks man.

i liked these two gems from the article, one is extremely true, the second is what i needed to hear from otis to make me think he's just not sitting around.

quote:
He

Thanks Dan! Nice read and good to get a little backround on our newest player.

I'd love to see Rafer and C Lee start in the back court and reak havoc defensively. Defense wins in the playoffs! With Rafer, Lee and Pietrus locking down the wings and Dwight anchoring the middle we could be a very tough team to score on when the playoffs arrive.