Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

BREAKING NEWS Sources: Hornets to trade Chandler to Thunder

crayness...

I was listening to SportsNation and they heard the reported deal was Chandler+filler (possibly Daniels) to OKC for Smith/Watson/Wilcox/1st which is a much better deal...either way, I never thought NO would trade Chandler with how well he and Paul have played together, NO must be in a bad way financially, I guess it probably makes them a little bit deeper...Wilcox in that system could potentially do well, even if he's a rental player...idk, not a great deal really for NO...

well it's official, ESPN just reported Chandler and Hardin to OKC for Smith/Wilcox/1st...

wow...

and people thought we had something we could trade to OKC for Smith or Wilcox, lol...really surprised to see Presti come off a 1st rounder and not receive any...awesome deal for OKC, their going to be nice in a few years I think...

Hilton Armstrong, the spotlight is on you kid...

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why sign James Posey for 6m per in the offseason and then trade for a backup PG making another 6m per if you're gonna have to turn around and fire sale your starting center making 11m? Getting Chandler for PJ Brown is what made NO a legit contender and now they just officially became a boarderline playoff team again.

Well, if the future first has no top 10 conditions, you can assume that NO is pulling for OKC to get a top 5 pick (as if they wont), and they might look to bolster their front line with a big name rookie, maybe hoping that the likes of Griffin/Thabeet/Hill/Mullens fall into their lap...idk...Wilcox and Smith should be decent band aids for the loss of Chandler for the rest of the season. Plus they are in a somewhat similar situation to Utah with Boozer/Millsap, NO feels that Armstrong has the ability to be a Chandler close and at a fraction of the salary...either way, I still think it's a bad deal for NO right now...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

well it's official, ESPN just reported Chandler and Hardin to OKC for Smith/Wilcox/1st...

wow...

and people thought we had something we could trade to OKC for Smith or Wilcox, lol...really surprised to see Presti come off a 1st rounder and not receive any...awesome deal for OKC, their going to be nice in a few years I think...

Hardin got traded from OKC to NO, and NO didn't receive a 1st round pick.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

wow...

Hardin got traded from OKC to NO, and NO didn't receive a 1st round pick.

well I could have sworn that Hardin was drafted by the Sonics last year, but that is how ESPN reported it on the radio...with a future 1st, so take it up with them...if NO didnt get a pick in this deal, even worse...

I do not know about you guys and gals but if all it takes is a first round pick I would be willing to part with it to get Chris Paul on this team. I know he would be an overpaid back-up but I think he could slide in and play pretty well until Jameer gets back. I think his PPP makes it hard but I am sure a "cap expert" could make it work.

All of these short-sighted financially motivated trades make little sense but putting a Magic spin on it leads me to believe that with such rough economic conditions that Turk will be going nowhere because unless you are a superstar you are not getting superstar money anymore.

Look at baseball...The only guys who have signed are the elite guys signed by the Yankees and then a couple of lower level moves. I think we are going to see the same type of thing with basketball this summer although this is not the greatest free agent class in the world.