Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

C-Lee at point guard will bring us back to the top

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

KITNO, if we are going with your strategy, I think one guy we should trade for and add to the talent pool is John Salmons. He is an excellent defender, has a great contract, and plays point forward quite a bit, averaging just under 4apg. My guess is we could get him for something reasonable: Cook and Redick?

Using ESPN's new TM, Hollinger predicts said trade would add 6 wins to our season. Could Otis be this creative? Using point forwards to drive the offense?

The Kings are looking for expiring contracts in exchange for Salmons.

If it were only going to be a couple games then I would say ok, let Lee play PG. But with Nelson out for the season we need a more permanent solution. My vote is to trade Turk, we need a PG bad, and I mean bad.

It takes PG 4 to 5 years to learn the position. If CLee getrs back up minutes, and plays PG in the summer league, he could turn himself into a PG. But right now, he would struggle way too much.

If we somehow land a true point guard then obviously noone would be wanting to push Lee over to that position. The point is if we DON'T get a quality point guard through trade then I am certain Lee is a better option to start than AJ or Lue.

If he gets the starting minutes this means AJ and JJ would be getting the back up minutes at there respective positions and I think these two are more capable of playing back up minutes but we would still be very thin off the bench.

The rotation would look like this...

Lee

Peitrus

Turk

Lewis

Dwight

One thing I think we will see a lot more of now that Jameer is out is going to be a line up with Dwight and Battie at the 4 and 5 and Lewis playing a lot more 3 guard. Its going to be interesting to see if Stan the Man turns the switch on this 3 point shooting team and turns them into a big front line team that dominates the post and paint. He can do this by playing 3 7'0 footers at the 3,4 and 5

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

ball handling has nothing to do with it. He handles the ball well enough to get the ball up the court. The court vision and the passing is much more important.

Court vision and passing is more important on a team with a do it all forward, one of the best post scorers and the most proliferate shooter in the league today? Gimme a guy who can get the ball up the court consistently, sometimes on a break, and we have already improved over Johnson and Lue.

(Not saying that passing and vision aren't useful, just saying that he already brings more to the table than our other options)

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

At some point Stan the Man has to realize that these two has-been PG's are not going to get the job done.

I agree completely, but don't you mean never was'?

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

I'm not buying it...I have been watching him in the sparse minutes he has been given, trying to find it, and I just don't see it...defensively, I have no problems with him at the position, offensively, I don't think he will ever be a successful PG in this league...

I agree, Lee will never be a PG in this league, and I've been making that claim since the draft.

But, and there's a few buts...

It's simply illogical for a team to have it's 10th & 11th men playing the 6th & 7th most minutes. This is the epitome of diluting the talent pool.

This ignores the fact Lee is playing the minutes at point down the stretch. SVG is obviously trying to put his best 5 on the floor in crunch time, why ignore this reality for the other 42 minutes?

Offensively, not only is he a rook, but he's playing out of position. He'll get more comfortable and confident with time even if it's a temporary situation.

Why does Lee need to play like a PG simply because he playing PG?

Reality, AJ & Lue aren't going to do what Jameer did either. SVG is going to have to adjust the offense. Use more motion, better ball movement. That's the only way to compensate for a lack of floor general. Denver looked like they were playing a matchup zone half the game because nobody was moving and all 5 defenders had a foot firmly planted on the edge of the paint.

Use Lee & Redick off screens, exploit the other teams PG's defensively, force them to run through picks.

Bottom Line, get the 5 best remaining playa's on the floor, and adjust.

Bingo. Lee can't be that much worse offensively than AJ or Lue and is clearly a better shooter and defender so why not just let him get used to having the ball in hands? I don't see us really even being that competitive in the second round and we should use this time to speed up Lee's offensive development and give him confidence going into next season.

Anythings better then AJ & Lue..Atleast Courtney Lee can score, can dribble & if given more "lee" way he can get to the basket..Why not run the pick & roll with Lee..He has speed & ups, can shoot..I mean dang our Point guard play is horrible & Pietrus has been missing in action..I say try Lee out.

quote:
Originally posted by Howard:

I am more open to the idea of Redick being a point guard than Lee.

Redick is no point guard. Stan had him at point but JJ has to worry about defending the ball so he's not really looking up while running point.

Lee's not a point guard either but he is faster than Redick which gives him a edge. Lee should have been guarding Paul at the beginning, let AJ run point. AJ couldn't stay with Paul. I thought it was funny how the announcers make such a big deal out of Redick's defense (which actually was good) and I didn't hear them say anything about how awful AJ's was.

I think Lee can run the point. I saw him once running the point today and took the ball right to the hole and scored..if he could just get a little better and passing once he gets to the hole, he would workout fine there.

Put lee as the starting PG and, I can't believe I'm saying this, JJ at the SG. MP will kill most second string guys and can play late minutes if he has the hot hand and also bolster our horrid bench.