Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

C-Lee at point guard will bring us back to the top

I would like to see CLee get the time at the point but that certianly isnt going to help us make any kind of run into the playoff this year.

You can tell by watching him he needs the time there, he sometimes gets anxious and picks the ball up instead of keeping the dribble. He also resorts to driving with his head down at times when the play is broken.

PG is the most diffucult position to learn and it took Jameer what 4 seasons to get it right.

If Otis had traded for Billups when he was being shopped, I dont know but somehow been able to pull that off, couldve started him at the 2 and let him run the point when Jameer was out or got hurt. We'd been in good shape now. Hindsight being what it is, but I also know alot of people we talking up trading for Billups back then.

As we stand now, Some nights are going to be hard to watch, Some nights we are going to lose to teams we should beat and there's not a thing we can do about it. Its really heartbreaking but "Its in the game". sadly shrug. Before Jameer went down we could play with anyone, now I dont think the same thing can be said.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

I dont understand the trade for Lue. Was he expected to be any kind of an asset or did we just need another body?

We needed another body at the PG position.

quote:

I dont understand the trade for Lue. Was he expected to be any kind of an asset or did we just need another body?

prime backup to AJ, brought in for his pick and roll play, speed and his outside shooting...and his expiring contract...

im sorry, i am looking for a bright spot at this point too...however, clee is not a point guard. sure, he could guard a lot of point guards, but thats not enough. he doesnt have the playmaking or decision making abilities to be anything other than a tweener sg. size of a pg with sg skills. i like the kid and i think he certainly has a spot in this league as a solid backup...but i would rather him be like keyon dooling than reece gaines, wouldnt you?

we are screwed at the pg spot right now, AJ is a good backup for our team, lue is a decent 3rd stringer...but we need a starter quality pg.

how about we just trade battie and cook for hinrich? im only half serious as we would be super thin at pf, but i would rather be thin at pf with shard, dwight, and gortat still on the roster than have AJ, turk and redick, and lue be our best pg options.

quote:

At some point Stan the Man has to realize that these two has-been PG's are not going to get the job done.

I agree completely, but don't you mean never was'?

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

I'm not buying it...I have been watching him in the sparse minutes he has been given, trying to find it, and I just don't see it...defensively, I have no problems with him at the position, offensively, I don't think he will ever be a successful PG in this league...

I agree, Lee will never be a PG in this league, and I've been making that claim since the draft.

But, and there's a few buts...

It's simply illogical for a team to have it's 10th & 11th men playing the 6th & 7th most minutes. This is the epitome of diluting the talent pool.

This ignores the fact Lee is playing the minutes at point down the stretch. SVG is obviously trying to put his best 5 on the floor in crunch time, why ignore this reality for the other 42 minutes?

Offensively, not only is he a rook, but he's playing out of position. He'll get more comfortable and confident with time even if it's a temporary situation.

Why does Lee need to play like a PG simply because he playing PG?

Reality, AJ & Lue aren't going to do what Jameer did either. SVG is going to have to adjust the offense. Use more motion, better ball movement. That's the only way to compensate for a lack of floor general. Denver looked like they were playing a matchup zone half the game because nobody was moving and all 5 defenders had a foot firmly planted on the edge of the paint.

Use Lee & Redick off screens, exploit the other teams PG's defensively, force them to run through picks.

Bottom Line, get the 5 best remaining playa's on the floor, and adjust.

my stance is that, if he's going to be a third PG, then whatever he does now is fine, just needs to refine his offensive game, however if people are pegging him to be a future start or main backup PG, then no, what he does now wont cut it...

quote:
I think CLee needs to start, with Pietrus as the energy guy off the bench. Stan reinserted Pietrus back into the starting lineup too soon.

this I agree with, MP is getting on my nerves...he needs to be our 6th man, period he doesnt seem to fit the SL...

quote:
Originally posted by Passenger57:

I think CLee needs to start, with Pietrus as the energy guy off the bench. Stan reinserted Pietrus back into the starting lineup too soon.

i dont think clee has any less energy than pietrus off the bench...and pietrus is better in every way compared to lee. pietrus should be starting. the only things pietrus does that i dont like is foul too much, but thats why you get six fouls in the nba. the other is play with reckless abandon on an injury plagued team. besides, i think lee and redick play well together off the bench. i actually think that with a dominant post presence in dwight that lee and redick could run a little college ball with dwight and we could be quite successful...i guess that kinda parallels what kitno was saying though.

If CLee's only problem is the decision making and feel for playing the position, then by all means he should be playing as many PG minutes as possible. The only way you learn how to be an NBA point guard is by being an NBA point guard. Takes some guys (Billups, Jameer, etc) years to learn it and turn the corner.

I agree, it even took Jameer 4 seasons to master the PG position, but if "knowing the system" is the issue, I feel clee has a much more explosive nature that we need in those times we're trailing like we were last night. We just simply do not execute with Mr. Awkward Dribbles or tlue who doesn't know the system yet, and who can blame him?

But is anyone looking at the fact that AJ had 22 minutes, 1-5 fg, 0-3 from beyond the arc, but most importantly FOUR turnovers??! Clee had 8 more minutes, not an impressive 3-7 fg, but made his 1 attempted 3, and had NO TURNOVERS. We lost last night because of turnovers and lack of follow through. I mean seriously...it's not rocket surgery: We lose because of turnovers and poorly chosen shots, Anthony exslowsive Johnson is not cutting it, put in the guy that had NO turnovers with more minutes in the SL with Pietrus as the more experienced explosive foul-crazed backup.

And maybe put AJ in a Stuff uniform since they have similar ball handling skills.