Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Name your Worst magic player top 5.

There is no way that Pat Garrity is one of the worst Magic players. There were a couple of seasons where he consistently scored in double figures, and was a big threat from the 3 point line. Yea, he got old and useless during his last couple of years, but there were guys a lot worse than him.

Jacque Vaughn was maybe the worst shooter in Magic History.

Jeryl Sasser was just terrible at everything.

Pat Burke was comically bad, and was one of those guys that you couldn't believe was in the NBA.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

There is no way that Garrity is on the top 5 list. Its not his fault that he was given a contract that was just ridiculous. Before injuries robbed him of his jumpshot he was a good contributor to the team. He's not in Gaines and Sasser's company.

In relation to the PT he received, he's hands down the very worst!

I breathed a sigh of relief when Pat Burke entered the game, watching 6' pg's outmuscle him for offensive rebounds spoiled my fan going experience more times than I can count, and I wanted to kill him with my bare hands every time he put the ball on the floor.

But, even I have to admit, that was like watching Larry Bird in his prime compared to watching Blarity shuffle up and down the floor launching 100 mph 3 point shots every time the ball makes it into his face stuffers.

Garrity if far from the worst five. I suggest taking a look at the list of every former Orlando Magic player to refresh your memory in the slew of useless players in this organization's brief 20 year history.

Garrity was far from a good player, but he had his moments.

All right, after much deliberation, here's my Magic All-Suck Starting Five:

PG - Jacque Vaughn

SG - Jeryl Sasser

SF - Doug Christie

PF - Pat Burke

C - John Amaechi (even though I loathe Steven Hunter)

Want to see how far we've come, check out the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Magic_all-time_roster

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by Garthran:

I agree with most of the names but am surprised DeClerq didn't get some love (or, I guess, hate). That man had hands of stone.

Otherwise known as the "Hammer!"

Only guy I have ever seen that had the potential for being called for a foul just for entering the game.

5. Steven Hunter

4. Doug Christie

3. Jon Koncak

2. Brian Cook

And way out ahead of the pack for number 1:

1. Anthony Avent. Playing on a team that had almost no bench, Avent was by far our worst bench player, and that's incredible.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

5. Steven Hunter

4. Doug Christie

3. Jon Koncak

2. Brian Cook

And way out ahead of the pack for number 1:

1. Anthony Avent. Playing on a team that had almost no bench, Avent was by far our worst bench player, and that's incredible.

Yes indeed..

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by Garthran:

I agree with most of the names but am surprised DeClerq didn't get some love (or, I guess, hate). That man had hands of stone.

Otherwise known as the "Hammer!"

Only guy I have ever seen that had the potential for being called for a foul just for entering the game.

Mario Kasun would like to have a word with you.

I'm glad Kitno brought up Brandon Hunter. He wasn't here long, but my god was that guy awful. If anyone could shatter a backboard with a shot, it would of been him.

This is easy.

5.Nick Anderson-This guy was a hack, remember when he missed 4 straight free throws in the NBA Finals?

4.Penny Hardaway-Stupid name and terrible player.

3.Tracy McGrady-This guy is a loser, and still is. Did anyone see him miss a dunk the other night? LOL

2.Shaquille O'Neal-He's fat.

1.Dwight Howard-Easily the worst player to ever wear a Magic uniform, we need to trade him. It's a shame he's taking up minutes from Brian Cook.

Im sorry I refuse to watch the garrity video...Ive seen it before and still dont believe it. I think it was doctored. Pat must have sold his soul for his one dunk. Garrity got a 4 year cntract as a bad player and only got worse. He was an albatross around the neck of this organization a la grant hill. Hill at least deserved the contract when he got it....garrity didnt but a few well placed nanny cams over at old man devos' house got him some dirt to hold over the owner....Im convinced.

He wouldnt leave and his contract never ended. Then when he should have just hung it up he cashed in on his player option for one more year...dont get me wrong I would have did it too....but it was bad for the team to waste cap space and a roster spot.

How many times did he get passed the ball, fumble it, fall on the ground to pick it up and then get called for a foul. It was just like watching a fat drunk guy cross an icy road...you just knew what was going to happen.

Ameche had one good year too...and was a great teammate. In fact during team meetings he was so nice he always offered to push in everyones stool....ohhhhhh!