Sign in to follow this  
NInman

Possible Off Season Move

I don't know if anyone has thought of this but it came to me today, we may be better without Hedo.

This off season, Hedo becomes a free agent but so do a few PF's that we could pursue.

I just want to use Paul Milsap as an example. I don't know how attached he is to Utah

Paul Milsap is playing at a high level and will be looking for a large contract. If the Magic chose to not resign Hedo and pursue Milsap and offer him $8-9 million a year. With so much hype the Magic have moving forward, Paul Milsap could easily accept an offer with the Magic.

If we signed a PF instead of Hedo this summer, we can really put ourselves in a nice position come Playoffs

Nelson/Draft?

Lee/Redick/Pietrus

Lewis/Pietrus

Milsap/Battie

Howard/Gortat/Battie

Call me crazy, but that is a very nice line up. It would change the way we play, but we can always shift Lewis to the 4 and Peitrus to the 3 when Milsap is on the bench.

It would suck to see Hedo go, but this is a business and our goal is to win championships.

I don't know if anyone has thought of this but it came to me today, we may be better without Hedo.

This off season, Hedo becomes a free agent but so do a few PF's that we could pursue.

I just want to use Paul Milsap as an example. I don't know how attached he is to Utah

Paul Milsap is playing at a high level and will be looking for a large contract. If the Magic chose to not resign Hedo and pursue Milsap and offer him $8-9 million a year. With so much hype the Magic have moving forward, Paul Milsap could easily accept an offer with the Magic.

If we signed a PF instead of Hedo this summer, we can really put ourselves in a nice position come Playoffs

Nelson/Draft?

Lee/Redick/Pietrus

Lewis/Pietrus

Milsap/Battie

Howard/Gortat/Battie

Call me crazy, but that is a very nice line up. It would change the way we play, but we can always shift Lewis to the 4 and Peitrus to the 3 when Milsap is on the bench.

It would suck to see Hedo go, but this is a business and our goal is to win championships.

I vote rasheed this off season if we were to let hedo walk. He fits into our gameplan by being able to shoot the 3, and he can rebound and defend down low. He's also a veteran presence, and seems to be decent friends with dwight. I always hear about him giving dwight advice. Its to early to be talking off season though, we still have half a season left. If our guys can step it up we still have a shot at a title with or without jameer.

to get someone's worthwile starting pf/c we'd have to send more than hedo, it would have to be a sign and trade involving another, hopefully one that isn't pertinent to our winning like jj, battie, something.

milsap would be hard to get away from utah and sloan would litereally murder hedo's style of play and if he saw hedo breaking his rules he would just simply murder hedo, on the court, with witnsses.

i'm always open to suggestions, but i think milsap would be way too hard to pry away from utah, and hedo still is giving us 6'10 ball handling, i'd like to see some ort of ball handling in return, if not much... with some kind of shot, the perfect target that we'll never get, lemarcus aldridge.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

and sloan would litereally murder hedo's style of play and if he saw hedo breaking his rules he would just simply murder hedo, on the court, with witnsses.

LoL. So true.

we need to seriously look at bolstering our front end by acquiring at least one of Zaza Pachulia, Leon Powe, Anderson Varejao, Brandon Bass, Antonio McDyess, Rasheed Wallace and maybe Rasho Nesterovic, Hakim Warrick and Chris Wilcox...

Bass/AV/Sheed can and will probably demand the full MLE, which probably wont be a bad deal for either of the 3, Sheed is getting up there, and he has mentioned retirement several times in the past, but if he's out there, and Orlando can come to grips with his personality I think Sheed off the bench would be amazing...other wise, Bass would be amazing in his 6th man style role with this team, Powe would be nice for maybe half the MLE. AV will most certainly want the entire MLE, and if Cleveland doesnt win this year, he might be open to opting out and jumping ship, he loves the money as demonstrated last year...

either way, we need some grit up front...

If we signed Rasheed Wallace we would have the best starting 5 in the NBA, bar-none. If we stayed healthy, we'd be the favorite to win it all at seasons end.

He'd get to chuck up shots in an offensive system every player dreams of and would bring veteren leadership to an otherwise inexperianced squad. Best interior defense the league would have seen in quite a while

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

utah will probably end up letting boozer walk and milsap will be getting a very nice contract, there is no way we could get him for 8-9 mil.

I'm terrible at gauging value but can you think of some teams that would dish out 10 mil+ for a player like Millsap the year before 2010? Maybe I'm underrating his contributions this season but he just doesn't look like a player who can demand serious money in an offseason where teams are looking to either get in a position to add a superstar or stay there. He would look nice in a Magic uniform though. Definately my second option behind Rasheed because 'Sheed will be cheaper

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

If we signed Rasheed Wallace we would have the best starting 5 in the NBA, bar-none. If we stayed healthy, we'd be the favorite to win it all at seasons end.

He'd get to chuck up shots in an offensive system every player dreams of and would bring veteren leadership to an otherwise inexperianced squad. Best interior defense the league would have seen in quite a while

he also has balls and won't let other players take cheap shots on himself or dwight. We would see a spike in techs, but that's a small price to pay for what he would bring. I would love sheed here.

quote:
Originally posted by dullalive:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

and sloan would litereally murder hedo's style of play and if he saw hedo breaking his rules he would just simply murder hedo, on the court, with witnsses.

LoL. So true.

Hehe, he even got used to a never defending and 3 pt shooting C, so he would get used to Hedo or maybe eventually just kill himself instead