Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

It's official...Magic trade Keith Bogans for Tyronn Lue(pg.15)

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

I didn't even read this thread - all I can say is 36 pages - come on - what are you guys thinking - there should have been one person starting the topic with 3 responses for a total of 4 postings - that is all it deserves - unless a few of you wanted to say goodbye to Bogans than say 11 posts - that is it people.

Come on 36 pages - that is sheer craziness - the thread should have been shut down as soon as it hit page 2 - this was a maximum 1 page topic. That is all I can say. Tyron Lue is part of this topic - come on now.

desi-drink.jpg

Ow! My eyes... I think I'm even more near-sighted than before now.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

After taking some time to think about our PG woes, I'm surprised that Marcus Williams name didn't come up in any of our discussions. The kid has been top 10 in the NBA in ast per 48min since he joined the league. He has started, he is certainly capable, he has an affordable expiring contract, and he is buried on the bench in GS (a team Otis has connections with).

He is precisely the type of player I would have liked to see Otis target. Young, expiring, affordable, starter experience, something to prove.

No thoughts about Marcus Williams?

I think the fact that he couldn't even sniff the court with the Warriors while Ellis was out and they were desperately hurting for pg depth speaks volumes.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

After taking some time to think about our PG woes, I'm surprised that Marcus Williams name didn't come up in any of our discussions. The kid has been top 10 in the NBA in ast per 48min since he joined the league. He has started, he is certainly capable, he has an affordable expiring contract, and he is buried on the bench in GS (a team Otis has connections with).

He is precisely the type of player I would have liked to see Otis target. Young, expiring, affordable, starter experience, something to prove.

I think the fact that he couldn't even sniff the court with the Warriors while Ellis was out and they were desperately hurting for pg depth speaks volumes.

Marcus never really fitted into Nellie system in the first place. The Warriors were desperate when they made that trade last summer.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Marcus never really fitted into Nellie system in the first place. The Warriors were desperate when they made that trade last summer.

are you sure about that? a trigger happy PG that is quick in transition and lacks in the defense department, that sounds pretty a typical for Nellie's system...

I think the right answer is he might have a horrible work ethic/attitude and his game might not be all it's cracked up to be...plus GSW had already picked up 2 other PG's to fill the need prior to trading for Williams...

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If a shoot first point guard with questionable work ethic can't play for Nelson he may need to rethink his career choices. The Warriors were desperate right up until the time that Ellis came back from his moped injury. They had a couple of guys come in off of the street and play for them while a former first round pick wasn't even dressing half the time. If you think he still has potential I question your sanity.