Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

OrlandoMagic.com Injury Update

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

I believe in the Magic what do you believe in besides Ford, Kyler and BJ.

That says it all imo

Seriously. Every time anybody posts a quote from an analyst, expert, insider, you show up with your usual, "Well, they know about as much as my right butt cheek."

We get it. You don't value the opinion of anybody that isn't pucckering up to kiss JJ's arse.

The least you could do is simply say that you disagree and provide a cognizant rebuttal.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Except this is the same Chad Ford who has been trashing the Magic from day one. So if you want to go by what he says then that says you never Believed that the Magic could do anything.

Is there anybody who's opinion you value (other than JJ's personal assistant who gave you the code to his RDV locker so you rummage through his personal belongings)?

That says it all imo

i was going to say something, but then i thought to myself, "what's the point?" i might as well just beat my head against a wall for the next hour.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

It's amazing how red the pavements in greater Central Florida are today. People need to step back from the ledges!!!

Losing an all-star, potentially for the season, is reason to atleast toe the edge.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Except this is the same Chad Ford who has been trashing the Magic from day one. So if you want to go by what he says then that says you never Believed that the Magic could do anything.

I have already beaten my head against the office wall..

Is there anybody who's opinion you value (other than JJ's personal assistant who gave you the code to his RDV locker so you rummage through his personal belongings)?

That says it all imo

i was going to say something, but then i thought to myself, "what's the point?" i might as well just beat my head against a wall for the next hour.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

It's amazing how red the pavements in greater Central Florida are today. People need to step back from the ledges!!!

any finals aspirations are gone now...we might hang onto the 3rd spot, but we needed a higher seed to get thru the east. People have a good reason to be upset.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Chad Ford says we are finished....

quote:

Nimesh Patel (Orlando): Who are the Magic going to get at PG???

Chad Ford: If Nelson is out for the season or even for a month or two, they are in serious trouble. Anthony Johnson isn't a starting point guard. They may be a team that could make a run at someone like Jamaal Tinsley. The problem is they don't really have the assets to get much more unless they are willing to trade Hedo Turkoglu. This is really bad news for the Magic. We know their starting 5 was rock solid, but their bench has always been a serious concern. Now it's showing.

I agree...good luck Otis.

this is irony...

Chad Ford says last year "Orlando cannot win a title with Jameer at the point" and now it's "Orlando can't win a chip without Jameer at the point"...gotta love Chad, that's what makes him an expert...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

quote:

Chad Ford: If Nelson is out for the season or even for a month or two, they are in serious trouble. Anthony Johnson isn't a starting point guard. They may be a team that could make a run at someone like Jamaal Tinsley. The problem is they don't really have the assets to get much more unless they are willing to trade Hedo Turkoglu. This is really bad news for the Magic. We know their starting 5 was rock solid, but their bench has always been a serious concern. Now it's showing.

this is irony...

Chad Ford says last year "Orlando cannot win a title with Jameer at the point" and now it's "Orlando can't win a chip without Jameer at the point"...gotta love Chad, that's what makes him an expert...

I agree...don't care for Chad at all...he has been very crtical of our whole organization and more specifically, Otis.

I do think that even the most staunch or avid Magic fans will agree with him now...some to a lesser extent...some to it greater.

With an all-star caliber point guard playing at an extremely high level...and to subtract him from the equation does not bode well for beating the Cavs and Celtics of the world in the playoffs.

It's just a fact.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

quote:

this is irony...

I agree...don't care for Chad at all...he has been very crtical of our whole organization and more specifically, Otis.

I do think that even the most staunch or avid Magic fans will agree with him now...some to a lesser extent...some to it greater.

With an all-star caliber point guard playing at an extremely high level...and to subtract him from the equation does not bode well for beating the Cavs and Celtics of the world in the playoffs.

It's just a fact.

In your opinion you mean.

I think that the Magic will surprise everyone with or without Nelson.

They are the bounce back team and they have proved it several times this year.

and yes this is imo.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Savage:

Here is a press conference transcript: http://www.nba.com/magic/news/smith_press_02032009.html

That press conference tells me that Nelson is in holding pattern, but the rest of the team go forward no matter what and play as though he isn't going to coming back.

And I agree with Otis even with Nelson out this team is not finished there are plenty of All Star players on this team and they will bounce back from this so no need to freak out.

imo.