Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

OrlandoMagic.com Injury Update

Stay posted to Orlandomagic.com over the next few hours. I will shortly be posting a story about last night's contest and how the Magic look to fill Nelson's shoes. And soon after we'll be posting the video of GM Otis Smith's press conference taking place at 2 p.m.

Edit, Story is up: http://www.nba.com/magic/news/nelson_void_02032009.html

Press conference up too: http://www.nba.com/magic/news/smith_press_02032009.html

Really??? We're no going to do anything?

This isn't like the first time when Jameer was injured for a mere 5 games. He could be out for the season. And even if not, like the article says, his entire season is now clouded with uncertainty.

Getting a replcement pronto should be priority #1, even if it is a D-leaguer with a chip on his shoulder and a will to compete at the next level. Unlike Otis, I always feel something is better than nothing. How can nothing be better than something??????

While I agree that we do need to find someone, I also think that you don't go out there and grab the first guy off the street. What I mean is that, to me, what the guys(players and coaches) are saying is that for right now, they will step up and hold the fort down. But that doesn't mean nothing will be done.

I just think it would be stupid to make a quick decision, trade or signing someone, without evaluating it first.

You could say that they should have been doing this all season long, since Wilks went down, so they should have an idea of what they want or can get. But we don't know what goes on behind doors. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

Thing is that I like the attitude of not freaking out, trying to stay confident and knowing they can still win, although it will be much harder.

Chad Ford says we are finished....

quote:

Nimesh Patel (Orlando): Who are the Magic going to get at PG???

Chad Ford: If Nelson is out for the season or even for a month or two, they are in serious trouble. Anthony Johnson isn't a starting point guard. They may be a team that could make a run at someone like Jamaal Tinsley. The problem is they don't really have the assets to get much more unless they are willing to trade Hedo Turkoglu. This is really bad news for the Magic. We know their starting 5 was rock solid, but their bench has always been a serious concern. Now it's showing.

I agree...good luck Otis.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Chad Ford: If Nelson is out for the season or even for a month or two, they are in serious trouble. Anthony Johnson isn't a starting point guard. They may be a team that could make a run at someone like Jamaal Tinsley. The problem is they don't really have the assets to get much more unless they are willing to trade Hedo Turkoglu. This is really bad news for the Magic. We know their starting 5 was rock solid, but their bench has always been a serious concern. Now it's showing.

Except this is the same Chad Ford who has been trashing the Magic from day one. So if you want to go by what he says then that says you never Believed that the Magic could do anything.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Except this is the same Chad Ford who has been trashing the Magic from day one. So if you want to go by what he says then that says you never Believed that the Magic could do anything.

yeah guys, if you've ever agreed with anything he has said, you agree with everything he has said. That's bulletproof logic there!

quote:

Is there anybody who's opinion you value (other than JJ's personal assistant who gave you the code to his RDV locker so you rummage through his personal belongings)?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Is there anybody who's opinion you value (other than JJ's personal assistant who gave you the code to his RDV locker so you rummage through his personal belongings)?

I believe in the Magic what do you believe in besides Ford, Kyler and BJ.

That says it all imo

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

I believe in the Magic what do you believe in besides Ford, Kyler and BJ.

That says it all imo

Hey PEC, can you troll back over to RealGM where you came from and brag about how big your boobs are over there...?