Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

OrlandoMagic.com Injury Update

All I got to say is, the Magic went 4-1 when Jameer was out with hip flex injury earlier this season. The only loss during that stretch was against Boston, the defending champs.

Before any roster moves are even considered, I think the rest of the team deserves a chance to show the "lets do it for Jameer" type of attitude. They've come too far and I believe they will respond.

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

All I got to say is, the Magic went 4-1 when Jameer was out with hip flex injury earlier this season. The only loss during that stretch was against Boston, the defending champs.

Before any roster moves are even considered, I think the rest of the team deserves a chance to show the "lets do it for Jameer" type of attitude. They've come too far and I believe they will respond.

I'm hopeful they'll adopt that attitude, but at the same time you gotta have more personnel. Who comes in when AJ is tired for instance?

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

I love it that people keep bringing this up...but let me enlighten you.

Yes the lone loss was to Boston, but let me share what the WINS were:

Opponent Margin

@Philadelphia (+2)

@Washington (+15)

Indiana (+14)

@Boston (-19)

Minnesota (+11)

One more thing, check AJ's stats for those 5 games...That's November 26th-December 3rd:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3207/gamelog;_ylt=A...c_qQPfkDF8py15kyPKB4

I'm not a big advocate of stats, EXCEPT when we're talkin about percentages. And those are UGLY.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by DustinMyselfOff:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
On the extent of Nelson

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

And this was my point in the other thread. What good is a less than 100% Jameer when his whole game is being aggressive and physical. I think he should shut it down. If your timetable is correct about the 4-6 months of rehab, then get it done and this wont lag into next season.

Its a big blow but hes gotta look at the big picture here. We have a big window for our success and theres no reason to prolong this when in all fairness, hes not gonna be the same Jameer that has gotten himself or this team where they are now

Agreed. This is where having a GM like Otis is actually benificial. He is very big picture and won't do anything rash. If we resign Turk, we have three years with him and rashard at their peak and then dwight and meer will be coming into thiers. No reason to blow that up for a torn labia.