Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Possible PG for Next Year

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Devin Harris via a trade? He is a back-up right now and nearing the end of his rookie deal ... meaning Dallas will have to pay up and go further into luxury tax land OR trade him. He is tall (6'3'') and seems very quick. Anyone know more about him???

Tall?...Arroyo is 6'2"

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

The PG answer isn't anyone on our team, right?

I like that idea to draft a big PG and develop him, ibonedteribell, but Otis has made it pretty clear we aren't going to "wait" long on our team. He expressed that sentiment in the STH video where he described our need to pick up a wing scorer now b/c we can't afford to wait a few years for Ariza to mature into one.

I mentioned in my previous post, I think Acie Law might be a great pick up for us. He's predicted to go late lottery / mid first round and is a 6'3" point guard that is known for his decision making, low turnovers, and clutch shooting. He sounds like a player that might just fit the bill for us if we can trade into the 1st round to grab him.

I would agree with your first statement but would have to qualify it like this. "A champtionchip level PG is isn't anyone on our team". I think Arroyo could be our answer for the next couple of years backed up by a taller PG developing through 15-18 mins a game for our true championship team when Ariza/Howard make free throws and have a consistent mid range shot. I really do not see many better options that are achievable. For starters, Billups only questionmark is how many millions since he will be a piston next year. I would be open to getting the next livingston and ask Arroyo to be Cassel and develop him. When the kid is ready to take over Arroyo can be his back up. I would rather spend my money on Darko/Howard/Ariza and not hire a big gun like Billups in a position that we are adecuate at; as long as we stop calling Nelson our leader.

yeah good idea about drafting another PG, Travis & James could use another person to talk to on the bench. Jameer is Brain's man & I am sure Brian will make it work that Jameer is in a Magic uniform next season. Unless he is fired, you're not going to see any rookie PG in uniform next season that is for sure...btw, Devin went to school in Wisconsin which has recently brought some good players in the NBA.

quote:
As mentioned Luke Ridnour seems to be a potential possibility to be let loose. This is the guy for me and I do believe we have the tools to do play in this one. This is also being discussed in the free agent thread.

As someone who lives in Seattle, I wholeheartedly agree with this: a true pass-first PG.

quote:
Originally posted by Diener34Fan:

Mo Williams from the Bucks is a free agent. How about him?

Well that would be great but very unlikely. I would also like to see Raja Bell in a Magic uniform but we would probably end up with Billups before that ever happened. I say draft a big PG and pay the money for a Raja Bell type player, not a vince carter type player. G Hill can be one of our bench players next year.

If steve Nash was playing for the Magic ,he will be averaging 6 assist a game.Its Brian Hill's style of play,that does not help our PG to perform good.That half court offense really strugles with inconsistency.

Super Chucky Atkins could come cheap from Memphis! He's a free agent and we wouldn't have to break the bank on or get rid of Jameer! Atkins reminds me a lot of Darrell Armstrong. But I guess he would get abused by Billups though huh?

quote:
Originally posted by Magicalfan4ever:

Super Chucky Atkins could come cheap from Memphis! He's a free agent and we wouldn't have to break the bank on or get rid of Jameer! Atkins reminds me a lot of Darrell Armstrong. But I guess he would get abused by Billups though huh?

Why bring in another back up? We have Diener and Arroyo and our star jameer.(sarcasm) Who would you keep as starter?

quote:
I say draft a big PG and pay the money for a Raja Bell type player

The problem with that is that there are loads more Sassers out there than Kidds or Nashes. Great PGs in college don't necessarily turn into great PGs in the NBA. Still, a big pass-first PG couldn't hurt.

I think if b hill gonig on in this coach suit (I REALLY HOPE NOT) i make this:

Trade Nelson and travis. And one or two second picks for a 1stround pick.

Then maybe we can trade hedo and this first round pick for a better round pick first round.

Other plan is trade nelson and travis for somthing (i liek Barea) maybe sign Blake.

If nothing of this work maybe we can sign with the second rounds pick pure PG of europe. that league is so competitive, i see so much games.

I think too Arroyo can be the PG starter, he is a great PG. All knows that, ithink IS NOT a backup, is a starter. He can do it that. Just ned another coach (a serius one) and more time. He as the PG starter at utah and he make 6 assist per game.

And arroyo is not tall for love of god! he