Sign in to follow this  
thebestbet12

What direction are we going in?

I have been a Magic fan for about 6 years now and I have seen this before all too often. We go in a slump after the All-Star break. This team really needs to think about what their doing. Their season is slipping right before their eyes. Firstly, anyone should know that our team is lazy. There is hardly any other team in the NBA that is as slow paced as ours. How do you expect to win games when your not playing with a full out enthusiastic tempo. Walking up and down the court isn't helping. Secondly, defense. There's not much to say except that we don't play defense..what so ever. Brian Hill it's not that hard to take a look at other teams and pick up some of the same defensive plays you could use with your team. That's really all it takes because every good team in the NBA can play defense. We have th players but not the energy. Get these guys pumped up or something. You're so emotionless. All you can do is just whine when there's a bad call. Lastly, fix Grant Hill's contract. Despite what kind of man he is he is hurting our team. He has done some great things for the community and has tried to be the best he can be, but he is hurting our team. I know our team can make a name for itself. I think we deserve to be on ESPN and TNT and get some new fans. But its just minor changes that need to be made. Grant Hill is not worth the millions of dollars that this organization pays him. I've lost a lot of respect because he hasn't done anything to change the team. Get a shooting guard for Christ's sake, and grow some balls. You're in the NBA now play like it. I know they all have the talent, so lets see it. Because this losing is pathetic. Somebody needs to say this. PUSH IT!

P.S. -

Think if we still had Gordon Giricek, Drew Gooden, Tracy McGrady, Cuttino Mobley?? We lost everyone from that big trade. Think what we could be. Grow some brains..who is running this team????

I have been a Magic fan for about 6 years now and I have seen this before all too often. We go in a slump after the All-Star break. This team really needs to think about what their doing. Their season is slipping right before their eyes. Firstly, anyone should know that our team is lazy. There is hardly any other team in the NBA that is as slow paced as ours. How do you expect to win games when your not playing with a full out enthusiastic tempo. Walking up and down the court isn't helping. Secondly, defense. There's not much to say except that we don't play defense..what so ever. Brian Hill it's not that hard to take a look at other teams and pick up some of the same defensive plays you could use with your team. That's really all it takes because every good team in the NBA can play defense. We have th players but not the energy. Get these guys pumped up or something. You're so emotionless. All you can do is just whine when there's a bad call. Lastly, fix Grant Hill's contract. Despite what kind of man he is he is hurting our team. He has done some great things for the community and has tried to be the best he can be, but he is hurting our team. I know our team can make a name for itself. I think we deserve to be on ESPN and TNT and get some new fans. But its just minor changes that need to be made. Grant Hill is not worth the millions of dollars that this organization pays him. I've lost a lot of respect because he hasn't done anything to change the team. Get a shooting guard for Christ's sake, and grow some balls. You're in the NBA now play like it. I know they all have the talent, so lets see it. Because this losing is pathetic. Somebody needs to say this. PUSH IT!

P.S. -

Think if we still had Gordon Giricek, Drew Gooden, Tracy McGrady, Cuttino Mobley?? We lost everyone from that big trade. Think what we could be. Grow some brains..who is running this team????

this is what im talking about:

Grant Hill's NBA career looked promising from the outset. He was the 1994-95 co-Rookie of the Year, sharing the honor with Jason Kidd. Hill helped the U.S. win the gold medal in the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. He was the first Detroit Piston since 1983 to post back-to-back 40-point games.

Hill went south to join the Magic prior to the 2000-01 season, signing a seven-year, $93 million contract.

That investment has hardly paid dividends. As of the end of the 2002-03 season, Hill played in only 47 games for the Magic. Last year was his most productive in Orlando. He played in 29 games, and his scoring average was 14.5. This season, the Magic will again be without Hill's services.

Hill's contract is worth an average of $13.3 million a year. Using that figure, each game he appeared in last season cost his team about $458,000.

Hill's contract will be fixed because it runs out after this season.

Giricek is in danger of falling out of the league and Drew Gooden can't focus or play anything other than the 4 so neither of those guys are any big loss. I would be nice to have Tracy or Cat but if we have Tracy then we are talking about dealing with injury issues and I for one am tired of pinning hopes on guys that can't play a full season.

Here is the problem, we are headed in no direction at the moment. We are just spinning our wheels. If we want to prepare for the future we should be running the guys that are our "future" and getting them used to playing with each other. Our GM is preaching the big picture while our coach is trying to win now. If we are going to play like crap we should at least be playing like crap with our future on the floor.

Sorry thebestbet12, we've been going at this for 3 months straight and we can't seem to change the coaches acts as much as he has heard from us from others that are part of this organization.

Welcome to the board but whatever you do, don't start a post on any specific player because you will get jumped by their avengers.

I love this team guys, and I'll say whatever I think, nothing wrong with that. I love having this message board because everyone can get their voice in which is what I'm trying to do. I just think we could play with a little more tempo. We are the kind of team that can do that. I read somewhere that the team is going to fire Coach Hill after the season..now why would you say that already?? He probably is just going to let this season slip away like we've been seeing so far lately. I hope we just get some cap room so this team can get some more publicity. Because with the help of fans we could really get booming much like the Mavs or Pistons. I hate watching the games on t.v. and the weak enthusiasm from the fans. I just want the best for the team.

Brian Hill knows he is in danger of losing his job and probably has known for a long time now. And what does he do? Drags the team down with him. We're so uninspired it's repulsive. Get Brian Hill out of there now and let Ayers try to get us in the playoffs. I've seen enough.

Hi to all!

So i agree with marc, about giricek and gooden. Totally agree. I think we dont have to trade mike miller. but is now what i really wants to say.

We dont have to hunk in our past, in our trades of the past in our past contracts. We need to think in our present, in our future and our close future. ight now, WE NEED DEFENSE, ENERGY AND PLAYOOF HUNGRY.

Thats all we need. We have the players we have the talent. If brian hill cant send that message to the players, ok other coach can do it well. Thats we need. Just that. A message.

quote:
Originally posted by thebestbet12:

I love this team guys, and I'll say whatever I think, nothing wrong with that. I love having this message board because everyone can get their voice in which is what I'm trying to do. I just think we could play with a little more tempo. We are the kind of team that can do that. I read somewhere that the team is going to fire Coach Hill after the season..now why would you say that already?? He probably is just going to let this season slip away like we've been seeing so far lately. I hope we just get some cap room so this team can get some more publicity. Because with the help of fans we could really get booming much like the Mavs or Pistons. I hate watching the games on t.v. and the weak enthusiasm from the fans. I just want the best for the team.

You are more than welcome to express your opinions here bro. Of course there will be people that will disagree with you and express that. I think the other guy was warning you (even though you didn't really say anything bad) that some people have a tendicity to lash out on the boards.

There were a few things in your previous posts that were wrong and Marc answered most of them already but here's two things that I noticed.

1) You can't really call the team lazy because of the tempo that they play. 90% of that is dictated by the coach. The Suns run up and down the whole game but that doesn't mean they are the hardest working team in the league.

2) I liked what Mobley brought when he played for us but he was a free agent at the end of the season. There is a very good chance we would have lost him anyways because I can't see the Magic matching the offer the Clippers gave him. We should have been able to get someone better than Christie for him. That's the only problem with that trade.

Welcome to the boards!

quote:
Originally posted by thebestbet12:

I read somewhere that the team is going to fire Coach Hill after the season..now why would you say that already?? He probably is just going to let this season slip away like we've been seeing so far lately.

If the team fires Hill why wait until the season is over. Firing Hill would be the next best thing to winning a championship.

Hey thanks for the responses..Yeah I think I was a little misinterprated there..I know this team isn't lazy at all. There are a lot of young guys that know how to push it. That's why I'm disappointed in Coach Hill. And then telling the media their plans on firing him before the season is over and during the most important part of the season?? Come on. Why would you do that? I don't know what they do when they prepare for a game but it's not working very well..Remember 13-4 ? Oh yeah one more thing. I'm not just trying to bring up the past and everything but I was just trying to connect with everyone else that's a Magic fan, just those players that did so much for us. And what our team would be like if we still had some of them here. Cuttino could shoot 3's all day, I remembe when Garrity could too.