Sign in to follow this  
Hutchence

We Need More Cow Bell!!

KBerto, did you read my post about big markets with tradition vs. small markets with young teams?

The Magic need something to tie this community together, one central symbol that points towards following the Magic. The Pistons used to give out Big Ben afro's, the Rays had the blue mohawks, the Dodgers had Manny Ramirez dread wigs, heck, even the Packers have cheeseheads. Back in the Magic's last title run, the Statue of Liberty in Orlando wore Horace goggles. Realistically, there needs to be something to signal the beginning of "Magic Fever". Unfortunately, our team is pretty non-descript as far as looks and accessories. I somehow doubt we could feasibly convince grown adults to wear capes in honor of Dwight. What can we do to create solidarity in O-Town?

quote:
Originally posted by killakuma:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

To add on to my other post, I would be in favor of handing out black shirts to everyone and having a "blackout" crowd. I'm not sure if black has been used before in the NBA, but it sounds cool to me.

David Stern would probably deny it though because he's an asshat.

I've never understood why Stern is against uniforms with the primary color of black, has he ever explained this or even stated he was against it?

Its the color of his heart so he will not allow anyone else to have it unless they are Canadian.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

What would you recommend? As I stated previously, we need something to bring this community together around the Magic.

Just do what I do, when I

quote:

KBerto, did you read my post about big markets with tradition vs. small markets with young teams?

The Magic need something to tie this community together, one central symbol that points towards following the Magic. The Pistons used to give out Big Ben afro's, the Rays had the blue mohawks, the Dodgers had Manny Ramirez dread wigs, heck, even the Packers have cheeseheads. Back in the Magic's last title run, the Statue of Liberty in Orlando wore Horace goggles. Realistically, there needs to be something to signal the beginning of "Magic Fever". Unfortunately, our team is pretty non-descript as far as looks and accessories. I somehow doubt we could feasibly convince grown adults to wear capes in honor of Dwight. What can we do to create solidarity in O-Town?

Being 33-8 should be all the motivation needed to garner excitement and solidarity among the fans. However, I would be in favor of handing out SVG mustaches and turle necks.

quote:

quote:

Being 33-8 should be all the motivation needed to garner excitement and solidarity among the fans. However, I would be in favor of handing out SVG mustaches and turle necks.

i'm on the same page with him, no excuses, just be loud, our funny gimmick could be dressing up like stan and yelling at the players to move, move mooovvveee!!. lol

i'm your subconcious kberto, now that would be scary.

Regular season success might be good for the average hardcore fan but they are already there. Like Ty said it takes years of tradition and winning (besides the Cubs) to get people totally involved in games.

When I worked at the Lightning we won the Stanley Cup but it was a struggle towards the end of the regular season and the 1st couple of rounds of the playoffs to get sellouts. And I know you are saying hockey sucks but once they played in the ECF and SCF the sell outs were automatic and people were really into it. The crowds were so loud and crazy and it was great to behold. Now we went through the lockout and the next season still sold out every single game that year in a warm weather market after a year without hockey. Why because winning was fresh on everyones minds.

The foundation of this team right now is mediocrity and the impression I get is oh how cute Disney World has a basketball team. Over time this will change but it does take time not just one half season of stellar play.

With that said bring on the cowbells.

quote:

OK, so I guess we can be the cute little Disney team with the cow bell fans. Sounds FANTASTIC............

Sounds like somebody has a case of the Thursdays or needs a sarcasm detector.

Anyway Magleeto I agree on the gimmicks. I do not like thundersticks or white outs or the like but the casual fan does not get into it until its the fun thing to do.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

OK, so I guess we can be the cute little Disney team with the cow bell fans. Sounds FANTASTIC............

Anyway Magleeto I agree on the gimmicks. I do not like thundersticks or white outs or the like but the casual fan does not get into it until its the fun thing to do.

Maybe I need to work on my techniques because I was also being facetious.

I actually like the idea of black shirts though. I just think that would look amazing.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

Maybe I need to work on my techniques because I was also being facetious.

I actually like the idea of black shirts though. I just think that would look amazing.

lol we should get dark red shirts because some people don't show up to games and it would hide the gaps.

Its kind of funny when you do the T-shirt thing because the people who dont do it stick out like a sore thumb.

I would be in favor of black but definitely not the white out. It looked really dumb when the heat did it.