Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Game Thread: Magic vs. Celtics 1/22/09

also before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, i agree that we need pietrus back to face the celtics in the playoffs 100%. but not at the 2. we need him at the 3.

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I value this guy's opinion a little more:

quote:

Paul in Gainesville, Fla.:

You and I agreed about the Raptors game that Stan drew up a last shot for J.J. and we didn't like the strategy. I asked Bill I. why he was playing over Lee(or Bogans) in the 4th quarter vs. the Spurs. He said the team is showcasing him. You agree?

Coach Mike Moreau:

Lee and Bogans are both better players. Has anyone asked the question point blank to SVG?

Also, see my location...

I'll bet you this, we'll be lucky to win one round in the playoffs if Stan plans on giving J.J. that many minutes and in crunch time too.

but JJ doesn't get blocked by the rim and backboard like Bogans.

I mean seriously, his drives are so terrible the oppossing players start boxing out when they see him drive and give him a free lane.

acuwill lol your right, neither of them should drive, but defense wins championships, i think we all saw what defense did last night. jj's really good defense is equal to bogans' good defense, when peitrus comes back to start and lee comes off the bench first we'll have a strong defensive front at that position along with offense that can shoot and drive, so this is a moot point. there is starting to be a positive correlation with jj's minutes and our losses not considering blowouts. he didn't lose the game last night, the team did, but the correlation is still there.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

We really need Pietrus to save our bench.

That game was so bad that Pietrus wasn't going to save the Magic. It was just one of those games where almost everything didn't work for the Magic. Pietrus would have fouled out before Dwight that would have been the only difference with him in the game.

Jazz Head Coach Jerry Sloan

"Size doesn't make any difference; heart is what makes a difference."

Nelson has this kind of heart as does Redick for the game of Basketball and life.

lol why can't you like everyone on the team? or is it the people who get or will get minutes in front of jj?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

A tough, physical game like this clearly demonstrates why we need Pietrus, and why Battie is the most overrated & useless "commodity" on this team.

I'd like to retract my previous statement, when I said we can "get by" with Battie, Gortat and Cook. Obviously I came to that conclusion only after enjoying more than a few heavy c0cktails.

Complete and total agreement...

And I'm still waiting for somebody to explain to me how J.J. Redick played 27 minutes at the shooting guard position and only took two shots...?

I suppose he was out there for defense and rebounds...?

Even though Lee and or Bogans weren't shooting well they were both better options in my opinion because quite frankly they are both better players.

last night redick was the best SG we had. bogans is a goner(imo), and lee is due for a bad stretch. im not saying the redick will be better 3 years from now than lee, but redick has consistency and better bball IQ than lee right now. why did he only take 2 shots? because he played distributor more than shot taker. when everyone else is busy chucking up bad shots, someone has to get them the ball dont they?

lol i'm guessing your pec's husband? lee starts so we don't bleed points against wade, do you know what wade would do to us if we start jj at the sg? considering the potential firepower we have on our team we'll need lee's defense there even if he doesn't score a single digit in the next three games.

jj is running around better, but still needs alot of screens, and if we can play the entire game with dwight in the middle and jj on the perimeter inside/out it would be great, but a good coach will figure it out. i thought he did a good job on house last night but house is another perimeter guy, and stop wishing people in front of jj bad thoughts, lee isn't in a bad stretch, he isn't lucky, he's a hard worker. i'm not saying jj isn't, i'm just saying that starting spot is lee's for right now.

I don't see how anyone could defend Keith Bogans after his performance in that game, or in EVERY game for the last month except the Kings game.

He was atrocious on both ends, end of story. Unfortunately it hurts extra from Bogans because he's one of the few guys (or the only guy, really) that can somewhat... IN THEORY... play small forward behind Hedo.

He's got reputation on Lee and Redick, and that is IT right now.

quote:
He's got reputation on Lee and Redick, and that is IT right now.

Not for nothing, his nose is very, VERY hard.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A tough, physical game like this clearly demonstrates why we need Pietrus, and why Battie is the most overrated & useless "commodity" on this team.

I'd like to retract my previous statement, when I said we can "get by" with Battie, Gortat and Cook. Obviously I came to that conclusion only after enjoying more than a few heavy c0cktails.

And I'm still waiting for somebody to explain to me how J.J. Redick played 27 minutes at the shooting guard position and only took two shots...?

Even though Lee and or Bogans weren't shooting well they were both better options in my opinion because quite frankly they are both better players.

last night redick was the best SG we had. bogans is a goner(imo), and lee is due for a bad stretch. im not saying the redick will be better 3 years from now than lee, but redick has consistency and better bball IQ than lee right now. why did he only take 2 shots? because he played distributor more than shot taker. when everyone else is busy chucking up bad shots, someone has to get them the ball dont they?

lol i'm guessing your pec's husband? lee starts so we don't bleed points against wade, do you know what wade would do to us if we start jj at the sg? considering the potential firepower we have on our team we'll need lee's defense there even if he doesn't score a single digit in the next three games.

jj is running around better, but still needs alot of screens, and if we can play the entire game with dwight in the middle and jj on the perimeter inside/out it would be great, but a good coach will figure it out. i thought he did a good job on house last night but house is another perimeter guy, and stop wishing people in front of jj bad thoughts, lee isn't in a bad stretch, he isn't lucky, he's a hard worker. i'm not saying jj isn't, i'm just saying that starting spot is lee's for right now.

youve seriously got to come up with some more clever insults.

if i remember correctly redick did just fine on wade when he matched up against him keeping wade scoreless in limited minutes(9 i think) in the first half last time they played in miami. so, again, you are speaking out of your arse. if lee's defense was as great as you say it is, then why didnt he play more last night? i have been cautious when it comes to lee because i know people like you think that if i criticize anyone on the team it must be for redicks benefit-which is asinine...but anyway lee isnt as good as some including you believe he is...not even close. he was hot on offense for a while-hitting wide open shots. but, his D isnt that great. yeah, hes quick, but he makes more than one bad defensive mistake every game that goes unnoticed a lot here. he seems lost on offense more often than anyone on our team just about, and he make mistakes rotating on D leaving others out to hang-especially the pg. sure he works hard, hes a rook...he better be working hard. its lee's rookie season and more will be known about him this time next year. with redick we know what he was like when he came into the league two years ago, we know what he was like at the beginning of this season too. the fact is that redick possesses the wherewithal to show thats he's noticeably improving as time goes on. he's got the mentality to become a good PRO in this league. lee hasnt shown that yet. he has shown potential in the way that a reece gaines has shown potential. not taking anything away from lee, but he has gotten a lot of accolades from people like you for nothing really imo. i liked the guy in the draft for us and im glad we have him, and he has the potential to be a fantastic backup sg. i hope he gets better and becomes a full time starter in this league...but...you are more on his crotch than i am on my wife's crotch after spending 18 months in iraq. and thats just not right man. have a little bit more foresight. i know your young, but you have to be more open minded.

Everyone can calm down, and stop picking our team apart.

Yes pietrus would have helped, yes turk and a stiff neck , dwight got some BS calls on him.

BLAH BLAH BLAH......

How about We just had an extreemly poor game and an unusualy bad shooting night?

Some of that was bostons defense but most of it was our guys where not playing with energy purpose and heart! I was beging for us to push the tempo and it didnt happen till late in the fourth. We are better than boston hands down but mentaly we are not on the same level of focus they have.

What gets me is we shot arround 40% and still only lost by 10, if our shots where falling and a moderate rate then we would have won this game hands down.

Lets not make excuses people....they beat us fair and square this time, and to be honest im kinda happy they did.

This is a loss that will sting for a while in our players minds and hopefuly better prepair us to go head to head with boston come playoff time.

re-group and start another streak!

BRING ON CLEVELAND! they will feal the pain im sure of it!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

youve seriously got to come up with some more clever insults.

if i remember correctly redick did just fine on wade when he matched up against him keeping wade scoreless in limited minutes(9 i think) in the first half last time they played in miami. so, again, you are speaking out of your arse. if lee's defense was as great as you say it is, then why didnt he play more last night? i have been cautious when it comes to lee because i know people like you think that if i criticize anyone on the team it must be for redicks benefit-which is asinine...but anyway lee isnt as good as some including you believe he is...not even close. he was hot on offense for a while-hitting wide open shots. but, his D isnt that great. yeah, hes quick, but he makes more than one bad defensive mistake every game that goes unnoticed a lot here. he seems lost on offense more often than anyone on our team just about, and he make mistakes rotating on D leaving others out to hang-especially the pg. sure he works hard, hes a rook...he better be working hard. its lee's rookie season and more will be known about him this time next year. with redick we know what he was like when he came into the league two years ago, we know what he was like at the beginning of this season too. the fact is that redick possesses the wherewithal to show thats he's noticeably improving as time goes on. he's got the mentality to become a good PRO in this league. lee hasnt shown that yet. he has shown potential in the way that a reece gaines has shown potential. not taking anything away from lee, but he has gotten a lot of accolades from people like you for nothing really imo. i liked the guy in the draft for us and im glad we have him, and he has the potential to be a fantastic backup sg. i hope he gets better and becomes a full time starter in this league...but...you are more on his crotch than i am on my wife's crotch after spending 18 months in iraq. and thats just not right man. have a little bit more foresight. i know your young, but you have to be more open minded.

lol crotch jokes? who is younger? we all know i can insult to the point of me getting kicked off of this forum, it's why i'm not wasting my time with it for jj anymore, he's got a good shot, he can run well in a straight line..... off screens and stuff, he does have the attitude i wish some other players have, i know his basketball iq is high, but peitrus and lee play extremely athletic basketball to the point that it amazes me how fast they both are and how high they can sky. and it's not like they are lacking a 3 ball shot, a jumper and basketball iq of their own.

the guards didn't win or lose this game tonight, the overall team did, so i'm not going to do this dance anymore, jj's good at what he does and that's 3rd or 4th string on this team when peitrus comes back to start at sg, and i really don't need to argue this point.

i respect the fact that you spent 18 months in iraq, but i don't know what it has to do with this forum, or this particular post, i know you weren't trying bring it up as a valid basketball point, but it was one of those toss outs that lets people know why they should respect you or something. lol the 'just not right man' thing made me laugh like i'm just jj bashing today or soemthing for no reason, i'll list what he's good at and what he's bad at without saying that bogans sucks, now that's pretty open minded i think.

Well? Bogans does suck right now. That was the worst 8 minutes played last night that I have ever seen. ****stut, I believe you have become a bit more open minded but come on! Jumping higher makes you a better basketball player? Who had more rebounds last night? Bogans? Lee?

Just for your stats. Bogans has had only one more assist then Redick in 250 more minutes played. This screams of what team play means. And the last time I checked, BB was a team game.

quote:
Originally posted by futuremg:

Well? Bogans does suck right now. That was the worst 8 minutes played last night that I have ever seen. ****stut, I believe you have become a bit more open minded but come on! Jumping higher makes you a better basketball player? Who had more rebounds last night? Bogans? Lee?

Just for your stats. Bogans has had only one more assist then Redick in 250 more minutes played. This screams of what team play means. And the last time I checked, BB was a team game.

i guess the truth is in the numbers if you want to work it like that, and thanks for the props on my little bit of open mindedness, but if i'm van gundy and i'm looking at wade and possile switch offs on lebron coming up, i'd have lee and bogans out there while we're missing peitrus, i know no one else can do much against the lebron train, but i'd rather throw bogans in front of lebron than mr. redick, if the game comes down to a last second three, i think jj would be in my top 3 to take that single shot, well with the recent play jameer could make it 4.

Didn't read all 30 pages so if this has been hit on then, my apologies. Last night was just a let down from the entire team. What i find interesting is that SVG said in a snippet of his postgame comments on Channel 13 news that they had a better game plan (paraphrasing) and executed better. It seemed that we had no plan b, and maybe it's because we were just so horrible offensively. Whatever it was, we could not find an effective way to put the ball in the basket. We don't have any plays like San Antonio uses with Parker at the top of the key, and one side of the court loaded so when they run that pick with Duncan the ballhandler (more than likely Jameer, but Hedo also) has loads of space on the free side to work with? That play alone would of at least given us a few more decent looks. We need some new plays.

I am not worried, though. Almost everything that could happen to throw us off, did happen. Too much rest, not enough focus in the beginning, all shooters going cold at the same time,playing the championship team, blahbety blahbety blah. It is one game. I do however see the need for the front office to look at this because, as another poster said somewhere, this brand of physical slow-down bully basketball takes us out. Detroit, Boston, and even Cleveland is going to give us fits if we don't look at bringing in that banger PF to not only help out during games with a more physical presence for us, but also to bang with Dwight in practices because he needs to learn how to deal with the physicality of these teams. Battie and Gortat may not be enough of a challenge to him to push him into his next level.