Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Bulls close to trading Hughes to Nets for Simmons

quote:
The Bulls might be close to trading veteran guard Larry Hughes to the New Jersey Nets for former DePaul forward Bobby Simmons.

A league source confirmed a report in the Bergen (N.J.) Record that the teams have had serious trade talks. It

quote:
The Bulls might be close to trading veteran guard Larry Hughes to the New Jersey Nets for former DePaul forward Bobby Simmons.

A league source confirmed a report in the Bergen (N.J.) Record that the teams have had serious trade talks. It

getting rid of Hughes and his contract is an instant plus for the team shipping him out, no matter what comes back in return...Bulls win this deal handily as a young team trying to add assets in the future those few million left over for the next two seasons could be very valuable...

talent wise, if you had a gun to my head I would say Hughes>Simmons based on offensive capabilities, overall talent, prior to Simmons last injury there was no question that Simmons had way more game...it's pretty much a wash now...As for Ager, meh, all hype no real game at this point unless your an uptempo team running all open court offense...

Nobody is worse than Laura Hughes on offense. Nobody. Talk about shooting around 15 pull up 20 footers on the fast break only to clank 14 of them off the rim. I don't think you guys realize how much cavs fans hate Larry Hughes. And Chicago fans are starting to see why.

imo this is pretty much a lateral move. one bad player with a bad contract for another bad player with a bad contract. maybe the change of scenery will do both of them good but that is still highly doubtful

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

Nobody is worse than Laura Hughes on offense. Nobody. Talk about shooting around 15 pull up 20 footers on the fast break only to clank 14 of them off the rim. I don't think you guys realize how much cavs fans hate Larry Hughes. And Chicago fans are starting to see why.

What's worse is that we let Hughes score his career high one game. At the time, I thought the Cavs trade last year was terrible, but now I see that it's the reason that they're having so much success this year (besides Lebron playing out of his mind.)

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

What's worse is that we let Hughes score his career high one game. At the time, I thought the Cavs trade last year was terrible, but now I see that it's the reason that they're having so much success this year (besides Lebron playing out of his mind.)

Not only did we get the better players, but it had way better long term benefits also. It ended up getting us Mo for basically a very old big man and a garbage PG, and we have Wally's expiring contract to trade if we wish, maybe for a player like Mike Miller or Marcus Camby. Then you would be looking at:

Hughes

Gooden

Garbage (Hughes doesn't go here, he is worse than garbage).

for

Ben

West

Williams

Camby/Miller

Looks better now huh. icon_biggrin.gif

I disagree, I think the Bulls get the better of the deal. I'd rather have Simmons' on court talents by a slim margin, and Hughes' contract pushes this over the top.

As a matter of fact, I don't understand why the Nets, who seem to be rebuilding "on the fly," would even do a trade like this at all.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

Camby/Miller? counting those eggs way before they hatch arent we?

You misunderstood my post. I was just giving an example of 2 players names that have been thrown around in trade talks. It may not be them. There are some people that believe the cavs will stand pat. Still, put into place any player that is on the block for an expiring where Camby/Miller is and that is what I meant. I was just using an example.

For another example, the cavs turned down the Kings offer of Brad Miller for Wally straight up recently, which isn't bad, but that makes me think Ferry has something up his sleeve, and he is usually a very low key guy. Another name they have been linked to is Gerald Wallace, and in the off-season the cavs offered Wally for VC straight up and the Nets thought long and hard before rejecting. I am just giving examples of guys they could get, but to be honest, I not really expecting a trade. (mainly cause I don't want to be disappointed if he doesn't make one, but I probably will be anyway)