Sign in to follow this  
Kaioshen

[NBA.com] Sizzling Magic brace for Celtics

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not...

quote:
After a horrendous stretch in which they lost seven of nine games, it appears as if the Boston Celtics have regained their championship form. The Orlando Magic are trying to prove to the league they are championship worthy.

On Thursday, they meet for the second time this season, as the defending champion Celtics head to Florida for a stern test against the Southeast Division-leading Magic (8 p.m. ET, TNT).

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/rob_peterson/01/2....20090120/index.html

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not...

quote:
After a horrendous stretch in which they lost seven of nine games, it appears as if the Boston Celtics have regained their championship form. The Orlando Magic are trying to prove to the league they are championship worthy.

On Thursday, they meet for the second time this season, as the defending champion Celtics head to Florida for a stern test against the Southeast Division-leading Magic (8 p.m. ET, TNT).

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/rob_peterson/01/2....20090120/index.html

I'm a little worried about playing this game coming off 4 days of rest, but it still should be a good game. Stan has had plenty of time to scheme for this game so I expect us to have a good showing on Thursday night.

quote:
Originally posted by Kaioshen:

After a horrendous stretch in which they lost seven of nine games, it appears as if the Boston Celtics have regained their championship form.

Really????

Against Tor, Tor, NJ, NJ, and Phx?????????

Try our schedule on for size bean-town.

Oh yeah, and enjoy your 6 game West Coast swing next month (@ NO, Dal, Uta, Phx, Den, LAC). Should be fun to watch after you went 1-3 on your first trip out West (@ LAL, GS, Sac, Por).

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Kaioshen:

After a horrendous stretch in which they lost seven of nine games, it appears as if the Boston Celtics have regained their championship form.

Really????

Against Tor, Tor, NJ, NJ, and Phx?????????

Try our schedule on for size bean-town.

Oh yeah, and enjoy your 6 game West Coast swing next month (@ NO, Dal, Uta, Phx, Den, LAC). Should be fun to watch after you went 1-3 on your first trip out West (@ LAL, GS, Sac, Por).

I remembered them playing those teams but didn't know they played NJ twice in a row. They got it to easy again and playing us will be the Ultimate challenge.

The Magic usually lose after long stretches of breaks where they can prepare for an opponent and easily win a the upcoming game.

BUT THATS NOT THIS YEARS TEAM GO MAGIC!

Bostons recent wins are nothing spectacular. Actually, they were walk-throughs actually.

But I AM worried about this long rest our guys are getting. Hope they won't be off their mark and looking lazy. Rest makes you lazy!

this is a huge game, but i hope no one puts too much emphasis on this game because its just 1 of 41 we have left, trust me i would love to win them all but thats not gonna happen, we are gonna lose some games which obviously is gonna freak some people out cause we've been unbeatable lately and people are getting use to seeing orlando coming out on top. The Celtics had a nice streak going than all of sudden they started losing and people were ready to crown a new champ..they are still the defending champs id like to see the Magic win thursday night on national tv, however id rather beat them 4 times in the playoffs!

I really hope we win this game. What really annoys me is if we lose this game, people would be like, "I told you that the magic are not championship caliber". We are held to a different standard. Losing this game would not prove that the magic are not a championship caliber team.

I think Stan Van Gundy, Otis Smith, Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu, Michael Pietrus, Courtney Lee, Jonathan Redick, Tony Battie, Brian Cook, Adonaly Foyle, Marcin Gortat, Keith Bogans, Anthony Johnson, Rashard Lewis, Mike Wilks, Jermemy Richardson, Patrick Ewing, Brendan Malone, Steve Clifford, Bob Beyer, Joe Rogowski, Tom Smith, and Stuff know the importance of this game.

quote:
Originally posted by chaney445:

I really hope we win this game. What really annoys me is if we lose this game, people would be like, "I told you that the magic are not championship caliber". We are held to a different standard. Losing this game would not prove that the magic are not a championship caliber team.

Exactly my friend, but you know how the media is.. they will say those things, but thats fine let them say and think what they want, the players, coaches, and Magic fans know that we are a contender... i could care less what most people think in the media anyway half of them don't know anything and contradict themselves every other night

I like the fact that we get Boston after playing @ Miami the night before. Hopefully Wade can keep it close to where Pierce, Allen and Garnett have to play big minutes and aren't too fresh.