Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

Gentlemen, it's as simple as this......

Turnovers and missed free throws. We correct some of those and it's a completely different ball game. Presumably Dwight. If he's ever going to be someone who can carry us throughout the playoffs, then he has got to hit his free throws.

Also, Tony just cannot play during this series. I would rather see Bo. This guy is continually torched by Rasheed Wallace.

I like what I saw from Darko, and Dwight (defensively), and Keyon during that spark run. Jameer played pretty well down the stretch too.

One more question though, why no J.J.?!?!

Can anyone fill me in on why he didn't play? Or was it just B. Hill displaying his stupidity again.

Turnovers and missed free throws. We correct some of those and it's a completely different ball game. Presumably Dwight. If he's ever going to be someone who can carry us throughout the playoffs, then he has got to hit his free throws.

Also, Tony just cannot play during this series. I would rather see Bo. This guy is continually torched by Rasheed Wallace.

I like what I saw from Darko, and Dwight (defensively), and Keyon during that spark run. Jameer played pretty well down the stretch too.

One more question though, why no J.J.?!?!

Can anyone fill me in on why he didn't play? Or was it just B. Hill displaying his stupidity again.

quote:
Originally posted by serviviente:

i think jj did not played because he lacks defense. honestly i dont think he will be able to defend rich hamilton.

I seriously doubt we could have done any worse on him.

I'm glad to see your back to your senses This is the Year. We win the game if we correct those free throws and turnovers.

Look, not only is Redick a rookie he hasn't played a whole lot this year either. Honestly, he gets lost defensively any time you put him in a pick-an-roll situation. The best way to play him would be call a timeout after we score and then put someone else in there when the Magic are on defense.(lol)

Truthfully, we didn't need his shot anyway. We shot as a team something like 60% from the field. The initial part of your post was the problem, turnovers and free throws.

jj plays "like" hamilton but he does not defend like hamilton...big difference. i just think that if dooling who is one of our better defenders were not able to control him i cant imagine jj do in it. i do hope to see jj in the playoffs...he can contribute and he needs the experience.

They showed some promise in the fourth quarter. Dwight NEEDS to make his free throws. FT shooting was a major issue in this game. Its just clear who the better team in the series is. The Pistons have been here before and they will be tough to beat. Orlando came close tonight so hopefully they can make this a competitive series.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I'm glad to see your back to your senses This is the Year. We win the game if we correct those free throws and turnovers.

Look, not only is Redick a rookie he hasn't played a whole lot this year either. Honestly, he gets lost defensively any time you put him in a pick-an-roll situation. The best way to play him would be call a timeout after we score and then put someone else in there when the Magic are on defense.(lol)

Truthfully, we didn't need his shot anyway. We shot as a team something like 60% from the field. The initial part of your post was the problem, turnovers and free throws.

lol, when was I ever out of them, Junkie? True though. Nice thing to see though is that we stood with them till the very end while committing 21 TO's, and missing 18-36 free throws! Also, you have to take into account that Billups is about as clutch from the line as you can get.

I had no problem with JJ not being in tonight, but I have a real problem with the lack of timely substitutions. Why do we continually let our "second" team outplay the starters...

I'm really starting to wonder about Brian Hill.. he doesn't appear to have a grip on substitutions, rotations - what is he thinking not playing Ariza in the second half?

And you nailed it with Battie - he is not the answer against Rasheed. I like the guy but he's wasting a spot when he's out there, I think you can even go small at that spot if Dwight or Darko is in. I think Ariza, Redick, Dooling and maybe even Arroyo need to be out there more. He should really rotate this line-up more, this starting line-up is just not clicking - we need to try SOMETHING, anything - even if you don't go small, I don't like our starting five..

..yeah, and why not even try Bo Outlaw?