Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

"Magic kept rubbing it in" Sac Bee

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

GOOD.

One of the few things this team has been missing is that desire not to just win, but beat another team. Drive that knife in and twist it, saying: "You can't compete with us. At all. Ever."

When a team starts doing that, when they're ABLE to do that, it sends a message and other teams take notice. Maybe get worried. And then that's on their psyche when they play the Magic.

Fantastic point. There's something to say about intimidating the other team. All 10 of the starters are walking onto the court and half of them are shaking in their sneakers. Boston's the leaders in the clubhouse as a team when it comes to that. Kobe, LeBron, and Wade all have that aura. The Spurs and Rockets defenses have that aura.

That when an NBA player or team see "Celtics" or "Lakers" on the calender, they go, "Ah, ****it." The Magic as a team need that. Dwight pretty much has that intimidation as a defender, but not really us as a team.

-------

Kevin Martin's statement speaks volumes about the Kings' mentality, and how broken it is. Obviously they know nothing about us, because they must not realize we only have 2 PGs on the team! Lee is our default emergency PG, so of course he might be out there in ultra garbrage time, as long as he hasn't played a ton of minutes as a starter. And the point is they should be furious at their Golden State/Washington quality defense, not that they had an NBA record reign down on their heads.

Their defense was so bad, I'm gonna start picking on them in Pick One Challenge. It seriously was one of the five worst NBA defensive games I've seen in this decade. Even my vocabulary can't capture it.

I hope they take it to heart and play with a chip on their shoulder. They are a better team than they have been showing.

I also doubt very much that they believe that crap though!

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

here is a gif I made real quick to illustrate last night...

94cdaafb909ddfcea25c7dcpz7.gif

Good stuff. I love the look on K-Mart's face while he's sitting on the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Nike:

The only reason CLee was still in was because he didn't play that much before the 4th because of foul trouble - he ended the game with only 16 minutes, a bunch in the fourth, and four personal fouls. And they're complaining about Bogans being out on the floor? I mean, we only have 12 guys to play, and all 12 of them did. You have your starters - that's 5 players, then your second-string, which is allegedly 5 players as well (though Hedo often plays with that unit.) That leaves 2 or 3 players for third-string, meaning... at least two or three "second-string" players (read: Bogans in this game) must be playing!

And yeah, c'mon, we played Jeremy Richardson and Brian Cook, for heavens sake. How were we rubbing it in?

plus, Lee is our third string lead guard/point guard.

quote:
I think in the pros its ridiculous to talk about another team rubbing something in.

Agreed. There's something to be said for rubbing it in on college kids who get paid nothing to play. But these are pros. The Kings showed very little interest in even trying last nite. And they're paid to.