Sign in to follow this  
COLOMBIANO

Me-Mac still a quitter?

i supported me-mac almost to the end until he made those comments to SI about not always playing hard every game. Pathetic, he could have been one of the greatest scorers in the history of the game if he always applied himself, he took wearing that number 1 and idolizing penny to seriously.

It looked like he was limping on that play on the NBA recap.

It doesn't change the fact that he keeps settling for too many jumpshots, he should take it to the hoop more.

That play looked sad. If you're hurting that much you need to sit. I remember a very telling comment when TMac signed with the Rockets. He said he was there to HELP Yao win a championship. That said it all for me. He might be a great piece somewhere but not the piece.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

Did you guys see this article?

http://blogs.chron.com/franblinebury/2009/01/sittin_on_...dock_of_the_bay.html

I know most of us know letting T-Mac go was good for us while some say it was a huge mistake. The guy has a lot of talent, but he's lazy, gives up on your team and is always injured.

It was good to let him go, but I think we could have gotten a better deal for him. The suns had the best deal I thought.

This was my post on the blog:

"A lot of us were sad to see T-Mac leave, but after he admitted that he gave up on us, it didn't hurt too bad.

Now looking back, if T-Mac was still here, our team would be held down. It might be more talented, but the work habit would not be the same.

For all the times I hear that Rashard Lewis is overpaid, at least he goes out there and plays hard every game. He plays at a different position than he used to and actually plays better defense at this position than the one he played at when we got him. I'm so much happier having Lewis than T-Mac."

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

This was my post on the blog:

"A lot of us were sad to see T-Mac leave, but after he admitted that he gave up on us, it didn't hurt too bad.

Now looking back, if T-Mac was still here, our team would be held down. It might be more talented, but the work habit would not be the same.

For all the times I hear that Rashard Lewis is overpaid, at least he goes out there and plays hard every game. He plays at a different position than he used to and actually plays better defense at this position than the one he played at when we got him. I'm so much happier having Lewis than T-Mac."

Remember when we lost 19 straight games??? He wanted to retire and he was only about 23 years old. He should think about it now!!!

The only good thing about that season is that we were able to draft Dwight Howard and that we traded Me-Mac shortly afterwards.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

Remember when we lost 19 straight games??? He wanted to retire and he was only about 23 years old. He should think about it now!!!

come on now, it isn't fair that teams were allowed to play zone D against him! What other options did he have other than retiring?

/sarcasm

this guy had as much talent as anyone that has ever played, but he was a mental midget that didn't know what to do with it. He never had anyone force him to be accountable for his failures and i couldn't be happier that he never had the chance to be around howard.