Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Need an Enforcer ... I Have One

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Okay, I'm back. Here's a question for you guys. Who would you have behind Warlock and Battie, Foyle or Horry? For me the answer is simple, Horry. Sure, his play has slipped. But he can defend athletic bigs (Sheed and KG) and shoot, unlike Aluminum. If my memory serves me correct, he defended Dwight and Amare quite well within the last two years. Plus, he is dirty and defends his team ... unlike anyone on our team. So unless we somehow trade for a player like him, yes, I'd like that man on our team.

Here's to Sheed coming to the Magic this summer!!! Magic 08-09 NBA Champions!

Well if you're behind Gortat and Battie you're not playing, so what's the point then? When's the last time Foyle was in a game?

If we bring in a four, it should be an upgrade to what we already have. Horry's not an upgrade.

quote:

Okay, I'm back. Here's a question for you guys. Who would you have behind Warlock and Battie, Foyle or Horry? For me the answer is simple, Horry. Sure, his play has slipped. But he can defend athletic bigs (Sheed and KG) and shoot, unlike Aluminum. If my memory serves me correct, he defended Dwight and Amare quite well within the last two years. Plus, he is dirty and defends his team ... unlike anyone on our team. So unless we somehow trade for a player like him, yes, I'd like that man on our team.

Also, this is a low-risk-high-reward situation since he'll play for a "minimun" amount of money on a short contract.

worst case: he sits on the bench wearing a suit

best case: he roughs up some of our opponents on the defensive end and drains a few three-pointers on offense

quote:
Originally posted by Sebi:

quote:

Also, this is a low-risk-high-reward situation since he'll play for a "minimun" amount of money on a short contract.

worst case: he sits on the bench wearing a suit

best case: he roughs up some of our opponents on the defensive end and drains a few three-pointers on offense

Exactly

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

Here's to Sheed coming to the Magic this summer!!! Magic 08-09 NBA Champions!

Well if you're behind Gortat and Battie you're not playing, so what's the point then? When's the last time Foyle was in a game?

If we bring in a four, it should be an upgrade to what we already have. Horry's not an upgrade.

We aren't going to be able to upgrade our 4 or 5 position without giving up a nice asset, which I've been told Otis will not do. Right now, Otis is only willing to trade Cook or the trade exception. With Horry, we can use him as another big when our current bigs struggle, like Marcin did recently against Detroit. Plus, we could use him for payback against the Nocioni's and Magloire's of this league.

I remember watching a few Spurs games in his last season and saying to myself that he stayed a bit longer than he needed to.

If were going to use a roster spot on a player, id rather pick up a marginal PG to spell AJ on nights where he isnt that effective as opposed to a guy that will flat out get his lunch eaten

My opinion anyway

he's perfect if it was skinny little white pgs roughing up howard, but i don't see horry as the type that would step up to the bigger players. He's a soft player.

You guys know those big scary sharks that swim around...well, now look underneath their side fins. Now, see that little fish that uses the shark for protection and feeds off whatever food that falls out of his mouth? That little fish is robert horry.

hold on, i'll make this a little clearer in a few minutes.

Personally, if we are going to use an asset to upgrade a position, I agree with you, Natmayo. AJ is so slow and an average dribbler.

As to Horry being soft against bigs, I really don't remember that. I could be wrong but I remember Horry playing well (and defending well) the 4 when the Spurs moved TD to the 5 at times.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the man soft. He was a tough competitor. However, he was never a particularly good rebounder or post defender and that is our area of need.

If he was 5 years younger I would be all about him.

I'm tired of Dwight getting beat up with nobody to defend him. Realistically, who are some guys that we could possibly get with Cook, the TE, or maybe a 1st?