Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

12/25: Hornets @ Magic, 12pm EST

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Stock Up'll be a bit delayed, I'm making Christmas dinner.

I wonder if KBo's getting a SD for shooting 0-2 and hitting one for the Hornets...

quote:
Originally posted by Nike:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Stock Up'll be a bit delayed, I'm making Christmas dinner.

I wonder if KBo's getting a SD for shooting 0-2 and hitting one for the Hornets...

Eh, he was alright. That wasn't his best spurt in rebounding for that little 3 minute stretch though, fo sho.

Nice to see Hedo have a breakout game!

Great D. Like seeing us put an end to CP3's steal streak.

Hard to criticize much after a dominate performance like that, but...

Can we please put Pietrus back in the starting lineup! As a side note, anybody claiming Lee is a better on the ball defender should check the 3 Qtr. when Pietrus found himself switch on CP3 twice. We don't have another player on this roster capable of staying in front of him. This idea Lee is better against smaller 2's is a complete myth & I've been saying it all year!

SVG rotation is so disjointed, I can't for the life of me figure out why he doesn't realize this leads to letdowns every time he goes to the bench. The rotation needs more consistency & continuity with the starters! Our substituition patterns just kill all of our momentum every single time.

The Orlando Magic delivered a present of offense in the first half, and a lump of coal for New Orleans defensively for the entire game.

Stock Up:

Three Point Shooting. (13 of 28 for 46.4 percent from Three Land and was our primary reason for blowing the Hornets away.)

Opponent Field Goal Shooting. (This was just as much the Hornets fault as it was due to the Magic, but they only shot 33.3 percent overall. That might be a season low for a Magic opponent.)

Three Point Defense. (Only 4 of 16 for 25 percent. They had a little stretch there in the 3rd qhere the Hornets shot 3 threes and a row, and that's why it's a 20 pointish margin rather than around 30, but other than that the Magic were lockdown once again from the perimeter.)

Turnovers. (Only 11 for the Magic, pretty awesome against one of the better defensive teams (on most nights) in the NBA.)

Hedo Turkoglu. (His best all-around game since the Portland game, 20 points on 50% shooting overall, 4 of 6 from downtown, 6 boards, 5 assists, a block, and the one negative was his 5 turnovers.)

Dwight Howard. (His play outside the boxscore screamed "We will not lose, and c'mon ref, I'm getting hacked all over the place here!"

12 points, 15 boards, 3 blocks, an assist and only one turnover. His one negative was he only shot 4 of 15 from the field. But he intimidated that Hornets so bad defensively in the paint, the game was all but over in the first half.

Stock Down:

No One. (It's Christmas! Holiday cheer for all.)

That's it, a short holiday version. Jameer, Pietrus, and Rashard all played well. C-Lee and Bogans both played great defensively, but neither brought much to the table offensively. And our free throw shooting is still "meh."

The Magic keep rolling, on and on at 23-6 and still Southeast kings.

So until another road trip begins in Minnesota Saturday night....

Good night and- God bless us, everyone!

Man, it's horrible reading the game Conversation at espn.com

Are these people just kids or just too lazy to write complete words or a full ten word sentance?

No really, kindergarten? More than half of the posts there you can't read without thinking "What is this guy trying to say? Is that even a word?"

A couple aside observations...

After Chandler picked up his 2nd foul, Hilton Armstrong had the same look on his face Michael Spinks did walking into the ring against Mike Tyson as he came onto the floor.

That female commentator on ESPN was very knowledgable. I enjoy Guokas' sarcastic view of NBA players, but she brought a wealth of knowledge about our players to the table I found interesting. She absolutely raved about Dwight's footwork & the way Pietrus plays.