Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

With Jameer finally breaking out.....

I think it's now the perfect time to deal Hedo. He's becoming more and more disapointing and may not even be a top 3 offensive option with Jameer playing like he is....I think it's time we deal him for a PF that can help this team rather than let him walk or overpay him this offseason. What do you guys think?

I think it's now the perfect time to deal Hedo. He's becoming more and more disapointing and may not even be a top 3 offensive option with Jameer playing like he is....I think it's time we deal him for a PF that can help this team rather than let him walk or overpay him this offseason. What do you guys think?

Can we enjoy Jameer without having to think about dealing Hedo? Apparently no one sees the small things that Hedo does. Also that a star player doesn't want Hedo traded...also that our second star player doesn't need to be traded...also that we are winning with Hedo....also that this team isn't broken so why do anything to mess it up?

I think he is going to Europe no matter what next year so if we dont move him we lose him for nothing. I have been saying this since we got knocked out of the playoffs last year. His game is tailored for Euro ball and he can pretty much write his own ticket.

In Europe he has; Big contract, Endorsments, first option, and being closer to home. It'd be one thing if this was 5-10 years ago but the Euro leagues are good now and Hedo could be one of if not the best player on that side of the pond. Plus he is much more endorsable there.

I really worry we will lose him for nothing but on the same note I think will be ok without him. We have Dwight, Shard, Meer locked up for awhile and Lee and Gortat look great as far as prospects. If we can draft well and talk some twilight vets into winning rings with dwight(shouldnt be a problem) then we will be in great position to be a title threat for the next 5-6 years atleast.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Can we enjoy Jameer without having to think about dealing Hedo? Apparently no one sees the small things that Hedo does. Also that a star player doesn't want Hedo traded...also that our second star player doesn't need to be traded...also that we are winning with Hedo....also that this team isn't broken so why do anything to mess it up?

I'm thinking more into the future too. If he we lose Hedo for nothing, or sign him to an extension in which he will be overpaid it's a bad situation for the Magic. I think it's better long term to deal him now that Jameer has stepped up into a great offensive weapon.

Currently I don't know who would be the best replacement of a point forward. In a situation where we had three star players and now have four of them with the recent showing of Jameer Nelson, I may be really crazy for saying this but it looks like we could get a ring with the guys we have now. *Blocks out after quotes with loud lalalalalas and "I can't hear you"s *

Question to Magic fans: After Turk leaves next season, would running small ball with Pietrus at the 3 and Lee manning the big guard work at all? Think it would hurt us defensively because we are smaller or make us better because of superior athleticism and defensive effort?

quote:

Currently I don't know who would be the best replacement of a point forward. In a situation where we had three star players and now have four of them with the recent showing of Jameer Nelson, I may be really crazy for saying this but it looks like we could get a ring with the guys we have now. *Blocks out after quotes with loud lalalalalas and "I can't hear you"s *

I have a hard time considering Hedo a star player. Or even Lewis for that matter. Jameer is playing like one recently, but his numbers will drop off, though I think he's finally found his nitch and will be an effective player for some time now. We need more interior defense and rebounding right now.

To tell you the truth, I honestly can't see who can replace the Hedo as a clutch shooter. The Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu high pick and roll in the fourth quarter is just..damaging to opponents. Dwight and Hedo's chemistry has built for years and he's been here since Dwight was drafted.

If I see any trade that involves Hedo Turkoglu that actually brings more to us then the opponent, I'll agree with it. I have no idea what trade that will be since I have disagreed with all of them.

quote:

To tell you the truth, I honestly can't see who can replace the Hedo as a clutch shooter. The Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu high pick and roll in the fourth quarter is just..damaging to opponents. Dwight and Hedo's chemistry has built for years and he's been here since Dwight was drafted.

If I see any trade that involves Hedo Turkoglu that actually brings more to us then the opponent, I'll agree with it. I have no idea what trade that will be since I have disagreed with all of them.

How about that guy we signed to that huge contract last year. I've seen him be pretty clutch and run the pick and roll. He may not be able to set up the offense but like LOD said in his latest Fan Voice Meer can handle those assists its just nice to have two options. I think once we adjust to not having Hedo we will be in a much better situation with a banger at the 4. I think a player of the Rasheed Wallace mold would be the perfect fit for our team.

quote:

Rashard Lewis has hit a lot of big shots, and has veins of ice. I just feel the team we have is not good enough to win a playoff series against someone like Boston, LA, or one of those teams and giving Hedo a big deal would put us in an awful cap situation and we are stick with this, and losing him for nothing hurts for obivious reasons. I'm not saying we need to deal Hedo for anything but with Jameer stepping up I feel we can afford it more.

Don't get me wrong here, I've seen Rashard make his killer threes in the final 2 minutes of the game to give us the lead to end the game for the last 20 or so games. I have yet to see him hit some wild incredible shot going in and thus winning the game at the buzzer. That's only happened once against Detroit. I wanna see him do it again.

Rashard Lewis is pretty locked up. The guy is on terror mode this season but no one can't say that he hasn't been as clutch as Hedo Turkoglu this season. It seems like we're arguing amonst players ala....Carlos/Jameer. Not starting it.

I'm entitled to my opinion (Not saying your attacking my opinion). I just want to see a trade that will benefit and keep us at elite status.