Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

improbable trade idea(we all have 'em)

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

I think the other aspect to this discussion is that, if Okur is on the trading block, other teams will be able to make offers that are superior to what the Magic can offer.

We don't have high draft picks to offer, and we don't have any perceived talent outside of our top 3-5 players.

So, while the Jazz might consider doing something like this if it was their only option, I'm sure that it WON'T be their only option.

Which, I'm sure, is part of the reason you labeled this as improbable.

i totally agree with you

this is nothing against murphy but i have the feeling that some fans are forgetting that there are 29 other teams in the league and guess what, they also wanna to win. nobody's sleeping, everybody tries to get better short term or long term. so, as mr charisma already said, the other teams would have much more to offer for okur.

and there's still the question why would they trade him anyway? just to shed some money? definitly not, they could let him walk in the summer too. don't forget folks, the jazz are a top team as well, i give them some chances to win it all (i doubt it though). so they'd trade him only if they feel koufos can step up and if they can get a quality player with an expiring in return. i could see a okur & harpring for marion & filler trade happening. bogans and cook don't make any sense for them. they don't make them any better.

If Okur for Turk meant Lewis could go back to the SF while still spreading the court with Okur, I'd do it.

I mean, Okur's no softer than Hedo on D, and Rashard goes back to where he belongs.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

If Okur for Turk meant Lewis could go back to the SF while still spreading the court with Okur, I'd do it.

I mean, Okur's no softer than Hedo on D, and Rashard goes back to where he belongs.

I've tried to sell this idea a few days ago, but nobody buy on it.

It's not the better fit by any means (Okur is not a banger or great rebounder) but at least he's the size, can shoot the three (so we don't have to change our system) and has a history of buzzer beaters (Mr. Fourth Quarter)

Problem is: as Hedo he could opt out this summer, so he would be only a loan (altough he agreed in a extension before the trade)

i am aware that there are plenty of other teams out there that have better chips to offer for a player of that caliber...for a slow news day i just thought i would try to spark some conversation. besides, if you are first in line with a trade offer(as a gm), i am sure you might strike gold and get it to go through on occasion.

i bet we could get okur if we offered turk. question is, would we do that? i love turk i dont want to lose him...but a lineup with okur at the 4 and shard at the 3 is pretty sexy.