Sign in to follow this  
bro

advantages of getting the national attention?

In the forum today I came across to the discussion which states that we do not get the national attention which we deserve.Well to be honest I would really prefer being an underestimated team or a team out of the reach of the radar.We can use this for our sake and it will be sooner than one might expect.Hell with the so called authorities who have already announced the name of the divison,conference champions.ALWAYS MAGIC...

In the forum today I came across to the discussion which states that we do not get the national attention which we deserve.Well to be honest I would really prefer being an underestimated team or a team out of the reach of the radar.We can use this for our sake and it will be sooner than one might expect.Hell with the so called authorities who have already announced the name of the divison,conference champions.ALWAYS MAGIC...

Well, for one, it makes being an out of state fan easier.

Second, what are sports really about? In the end, is it not entertainment? And thus, isn't it more entertaining to hear more about your particular team? I personally would much rather have numerous articles written by the national media about the intricacies of the Magic, be they good or bad, than read the poo that the local papers put out there.

The only advantages of national attention:

1) For players, more exposure, thus better chances of getting endorsement deals.

2) For fans on most local cable networks, more national TV games to offset games on FSN.

3) For fans in general, more highlights and discussion on the major networks (i.e. - don't have to wait 20 minutes into Sports Center before seeing a 15-second highlight reel).

Other than those things, I can't think of a single advantage/disadvantage one way or the other.

This is not a sport where subjective rankings come into play. The games and the title are won on the court.

Some might argue that an additional advantage to notoriety might be more advantageous officiating, but I'm not sure.