Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

How Will Warriors Create Spot For Monta? - RealGM (3rd PG options)

quote:
With guard Monta Ellis coming off the suspended list this week, the Warriors must either waive a player or agree to a 2-for-1 trade to make room.

Golden State coach Don Nelson is rumored to like rookie forward Rob Kurz, which means that the team might have to swallow a guaranteed contract like that of Marcus Williams, Richard Hendrix, or DeMarcus Nelson if a trade partner can't be found.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55984...eate_spot_for_monta/

I found this to be pretty interested, and I think if we can find a 3rd team, we'll be able to pull a trade off with them.

Warriors get our 3.3 TPE

Magic get either Marcus Williams and Branden Wright or Marcus Williams, Marco Belinelli, and Richard Hendrix.

Third team get either Redick, Bogans, or Cook. Which ever one of them they want.

quote:
With guard Monta Ellis coming off the suspended list this week, the Warriors must either waive a player or agree to a 2-for-1 trade to make room.

Golden State coach Don Nelson is rumored to like rookie forward Rob Kurz, which means that the team might have to swallow a guaranteed contract like that of Marcus Williams, Richard Hendrix, or DeMarcus Nelson if a trade partner can't be found.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55984...eate_spot_for_monta/

I found this to be pretty interested, and I think if we can find a 3rd team, we'll be able to pull a trade off with them.

Warriors get our 3.3 TPE

Magic get either Marcus Williams and Branden Wright or Marcus Williams, Marco Belinelli, and Richard Hendrix.

Third team get either Redick, Bogans, or Cook. Which ever one of them they want.

the TPE for Marcus Williams would be cool, the others you listed are bad ideas

hendrix would rot on our bench, no idea why you included belinelli considering our SG situation, and they definitly wouldnt give Wright away for the TPE

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

the TPE for Marcus Williams would be cool, the others you listed are bad ideas

hendrix would rot on our bench, no idea why you included belinelli considering our SG situation, and they definitly wouldnt give Wright away for the TPE

Marcus Williams makes under 1.5m, and our TPE is worth 3.3m. Branden Wright has been in Nelli doghouse, and has felt behind Randolph in the rotation, and since the Warriors are trying to cut some cap space. They might bite.

As far as Belinelli, I was looking ahead, because I don't see Bogans or Redick being back with the team next year. Belinelli would be insurance for us at the SG spot. Hendrix would be a player that we let develop in the D-League.

Do we have to use the entire TPE when we use it? I was under the impression that it could bring us a player up to $3 million.

It would be nice to get multiple good players out of it but lets be realistic. Marcus Williams for the TPE would be a solid deal for us. No scoring out of him but he could come in and distribute the ball while Jameer rests. Id rather use him than AJ.

As a Magic's fan in the Bay Area there is no way the Warriors trade Brandon Wright after trading J Rich for him last year, much less for a partial TPE. Also, since they gave up a first rounder to NJ for Williams this past offseason I don't see them trading him for the TPE either. As for Belinelli, he has been making progressive improvements lately and is getting more playing time with Maggette out, so I don't think they'll trade him either. While the Warriors are trying to clear cap space, I hear they are looking to unload Maggette and go young, more so than trade their young players away. But with the Warriors, nothing is for certain. I would have liked to have seen the Magic make a push for Harrington before he got traded to NY, seems to be working out pretty well for them now.

quote:
The Warriors have until Thursday morning to either make an unbalanced trade or cut loose a player to make room for Monta Ellis coming off of the suspended list. A team source said the organization will be choosing from three possible plans of action, and confirmed the obvious: Cutting loose third-year guard Marcus Williams