Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

With out Dwight

don't know if this was already posted:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=281212021

Dwight Howard scored 19 points in 22 minutes for Orlando before leaving with 8:36 left in the third quarter because of a sore left knee.

"I made a move on [Robin] Lopez and I guess I came down the wrong way or something," he said. "I don't even remember what happened but I was trying to run back on defense and my knee started hurting. I'm not going to play with any pains like this."

Howard said there was only soreness and no apparent structural damage.

"It's none of my ligaments," he said. "Everything is fine. I'll be all right."

Hopefully he's right. And I hope he continues to play it smart. I'd rather take some regular season L's than risk anything with this kid.

Not sure if Hedo called the picki or not, but Jameer was suppose to switch. Gortat could have had his hands out more to deflect any pass attempt by Amare.

I loved how Amare rubbed it in our faces in the post game interview. He is such a class act.

"Stand up Orlando" Clap clap.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

The good news folks, the Warlock will officially be unleashed from the chains of hell.

RIP NBA...RIP

My thoughts exactly. There will be mayhem and carnage tonight. Lives will be lost.

Wow, some of you seriously need to start actually watching Magic games. Either that or I have some reason to believe some of these responses are coming from the mentally handicapped.

When Dwight went out, we got solid play from Gortat, and Jameer really stepped it up in the 4th. We were down maybe 9 when Dwight went out, and were in position to win the game at the end. This team wants to show Dwight that we can win without him, and that's why they almost pulled it off last night. It means a lot to a superstar like Dwight when he can go down in a game like that and the team still stays confident. It's what top-calibur teams do, and it's proved a lot to me yesterday as to what the Magic may be capable of this year.

So where are we without Dwight? Not in a bad position, I will say that. If the Magic can win tonight Dwight will be very pleased, and it may spark some competition in him knowing the Magic are for real.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

Wow, some of you seriously need to start actually watching Magic games. Either that or I have some reason to believe some of these responses are coming from the mentally handicapped.

When Dwight went out, we got solid play from Gortat, and Jameer really stepped it up in the 4th. We were down maybe 9 when Dwight went out, and were in position to win the game at the end. This team wants to show Dwight that we can win without him, and that's why they almost pulled it off last night. It means a lot to a superstar like Dwight when he can go down in a game like that and the team still stays confident. It's what top-calibur teams do, and it's proved a lot to me yesterday as to what the Magic may be capable of this year.

So where are we without Dwight? Not in a bad position, I will say that. If the Magic can win tonight Dwight will be very pleased, and it may spark some competition in him knowing the Magic are for real.

Best one yet ...

we have a great team and soon the world will know that.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

Best one yet ...

we have a great team and soon the world will know that.

Yes, Kazakhstan will soon know how great we truely are. They will know. I promise you, they will know.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

It was a terrible defensive play on both their parts. I'm not convinced Jameer switching would've accomplished much since by that point Hill was a solid 2 steps ahead of Hedo and Jameer, who was playing Nash tight for obvious reasons, and the passing lane would've likely still been there for Amare anyway. He still should've switched, I'm just not sure it would've accomplished anything.

Watching the play again, Hedo was beat before the pick occurred. Nash got there with the pick late, and had Hedo not already been a step behind him, he could've plowed straight through Nash, and it would've been a moving pick. It just barely wasn't anyway.

The other question continues to be where the weak side help was.

After viewing it in TrueMagicFan's thread, I'm gonna have to disagree, & stick to my original opinion.

One phrase that gets repeated in nearly every time out prior to a defensive possession in these situations, "Switch Everything". The other? Beware the inbounder!

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

Dwight Howard scored 19 points in 22 minutes for Orlando before leaving with 8:36 left in the third quarter because of a sore left knee.

"I made a move on [Robin] Lopez and I guess I came down the wrong way or something," he said. "I don't even remember what happened but I was trying to run back on defense and my knee started hurting. I'm not going to play with any pains like this."

Thank goodness!

Although now if it's that small of a deal, I wonder if he could of played last night?

He's like, NEVER been hurt so he's got no experience in managing injuries. Maybe he was just scared of injuring it further.

By the way, the whole defense failed on that last play. Gortat didn't obscure Amare's view at all, Hedo was a step behind and didn't fight past Nash's pick at all, Jameer was lost in no man's land, and there was zero weak side help from the other two guys. And there was no defensive communication.

I blame all five guys on the court and SVG for being grossly under prepared for that Terry Porter play.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

Thank goodness!

Although now if it's that small of a deal, I wonder if he could of played last night?

He's like, NEVER been hurt so he's got no experience in managing injuries. Maybe he was just scared of injuring it further.

By the way, the whole defense failed on that last play. Gortat didn't obscure Amare's view at all, Hedo was a step behind and didn't fight past Nash's pick at all, Jameer was lost in no man's land, and there was zero weak side help from the other two guys. And there was no defensive communication.

I blame all five guys on the court and SVG for being grossly under prepared for that Terry Porter play.

Some people have to realize that Porter didn't draw that up. He drew up a play for Steve Nash, but Amare got caught in the perimeter and he just made a great play. But yeah, I agree, we all blew it at the end.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

It was a terrible defensive play on both their parts. I'm not convinced Jameer switching would've accomplished much since by that point Hill was a solid 2 steps ahead of Hedo and Jameer, who was playing Nash tight for obvious reasons, and the passing lane would've likely still been there for Amare anyway. He still should've switched, I'm just not sure it would've accomplished anything.

Watching the play again, Hedo was beat before the pick occurred. Nash got there with the pick late, and had Hedo not already been a step behind him, he could've plowed straight through Nash, and it would've been a moving pick. It just barely wasn't anyway.

The other question continues to be where the weak side help was.

After viewing it in TrueMagicFan's thread, I'm gonna have to disagree, & stick to my original opinion.

One phrase that gets repeated in nearly every time out prior to a defensive possession in these situations, "Switch Everything". The other? Beware the inbounder!

In my opinion, it's obvious that Jameer should of swtiched. The suns completely spread us out so he should of realized there was no one there to defend the paint. Hedo could do nothing at that point but run over Nash.

Jameer should of played off a bit when he saw the screen and slide over to stop Grant maybe taking a charge, or at worst get called for the blocking foul.

Saying all of that, it was a really nice play by Phoenix. It was perfectly executed and it would of been hard to stop either way.

EDIT: I just watched it again. You can make the argument that Hedo was already beat. He should of been playing Grant the other way to prevent that from happening in the first place. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK....

Good play by the Suns.