Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

KNICKS COACH RIPS OLD PHOENIX BOSSES - New York Post

quote:
Without any prompting Mike D'Antoni has agreed to discuss what went wrong at the end of his almost unflawed six-year relationship with the Suns, as well as his frame of mind regarding Monday night's return to a hot spot where he enjoyed so much success, everything but win a title.

"It really burned that we had four straight years of competing at the highest level, yet, in the end, (management's) attitude was like we didn't win a championship so we didn't do nothing," declared D'Antoni, whose teams during that stretch averaged 58 victories. "That really burned me more than anything!"

When did you know you weren't being fully appreciated by ownership or GM Steve Kerr or the fans, I wondered? Was there a certain instance that you recognized it was time to get out of Dodge?

"Things began to unravel toward the completion of the opening round against the Spurs," D'Antoni said, still grieving the Game 1 loss. "Had we won, it would've changed the complexion of the series. But five or six minutes to go they hit a killer 3 when someone didn't switch out and then [Tim] Duncan hit that unbelievable three, his first of the season, I believe, to put it into overtime Then we get crushed in [the] second game."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12122008/sports/knicks/knic...ix_bosses_143879.htm

quote:
Without any prompting Mike D'Antoni has agreed to discuss what went wrong at the end of his almost unflawed six-year relationship with the Suns, as well as his frame of mind regarding Monday night's return to a hot spot where he enjoyed so much success, everything but win a title.

"It really burned that we had four straight years of competing at the highest level, yet, in the end, (management's) attitude was like we didn't win a championship so we didn't do nothing," declared D'Antoni, whose teams during that stretch averaged 58 victories. "That really burned me more than anything!"

When did you know you weren't being fully appreciated by ownership or GM Steve Kerr or the fans, I wondered? Was there a certain instance that you recognized it was time to get out of Dodge?

"Things began to unravel toward the completion of the opening round against the Spurs," D'Antoni said, still grieving the Game 1 loss. "Had we won, it would've changed the complexion of the series. But five or six minutes to go they hit a killer 3 when someone didn't switch out and then [Tim] Duncan hit that unbelievable three, his first of the season, I believe, to put it into overtime Then we get crushed in [the] second game."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12122008/sports/knicks/knic...ix_bosses_143879.htm